LA @ Red Bank (updates & discussion)

LAfan4Life

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LA wins 74-62. I didn't miss my prediction by much.

LA was led by freshman Mason Ramsey with 20. TJ Smith scored 14, Logan Ramsey had 13, Kailen Melton had 11, Brad Jackson had 6, Kendall Melton had 5, Colby Reeder had 3, and Jake Huitt had 2.

Red Bank's top scorer was Davis with 24. Not sure about the others.

LA looked very sharp tonight. I think it is safe to say that with a coach like Melton, this team will more than likely be back to the state tournament this year.

GO LA!

LA's football players have only had one practice so they weren't really a factor tonight either. Huitt did play some but it'll take a while for them to get into it. I'm sure you're right about Red Banks football players making a difference, but LA is in the same boat.

LA is very young and played on the road and picked up a 12 point win against a scrappy athletic Red Bank basically without football players. It's not flashy but its a good start. They seemed really nervous and made some typical early season mistakes. There were good points and not so good points for everyone. LA never really looked comfortable. Nice be able to play pretty bad on the road and still pull out a win.

Gotta say it though. Brad Jackson's put back dunk was THUNDEROUS! LA's got a bright future.