To my beloved Indy fans

Gerry Bertier

Zero TD passes: With last week's 27-0 loss to Franklin, Independence completed a statistical rarity. The Eagles went 12 games without throwing a touchdown pass.

"We were fortunate to be able to line up and run the ball pretty well," Coach Jason Eubanks said of his team, which scored 25 offensive touchdowns through a 7-5 season.

Can we now say that Mr. Heckman was over rated and benefited from a stellar senior class his sophomore year? All I have heard is how great he is over he past 3 years and never once have some Indy fans admitted he may not be as good as thought.

Indy does have some impressive freshman coming up. Also, Eubanks needs to do more study on his offense. I watched the FHS-IHS playoff game and his lineman where blocking the dive key all night. You can't run flex if your not blocking it correctly. Eubanks isn't sold on this offense and you can tell.

Zero TD passes: With last week's 27-0 loss to Franklin, Independence completed a statistical rarity. The Eagles went 12 games without throwing a touchdown pass.

"We were fortunate to be able to line up and run the ball pretty well," Coach Jason Eubanks said of his team, which scored 25 offensive touchdowns through a 7-5 season.

Can we now say that Mr. Heckman was over rated and benefited from a stellar senior class his sophomore year? All I have heard is how great he is over he past 3 years and never once have some Indy fans admitted he may not be as good as thought.

Indy does have some impressive freshman coming up. Also, Eubanks needs to do more study on his offense. I watched the FHS-IHS playoff game and his lineman where blocking the dive key all night. You can't run flex if your not blocking it correctly. Eubanks isn't sold on this offense and you can tell.

Wow Gerry... a little critical, aren't we?

How should the Indy linemen be blocking the "flex?" Maybe that was by design. Or maybe not... anyway, I'd like to know how it's supposed to work...

"0" TDs Passing.?

Only 25 Offensive TDs?

I am very surprised by these stats. :roflolk:

sarahpalin,

Are you Heckman's senile grandfather? Seems like I have struck a chord with you, for someone with some football experience, you should go into Coach Eubanks office and demand the OC position. Heckman is a winner, I don't think so. Let's look at his record against district opponents.

Brentwood- 1-2

Franklin- 1-3

Ravenwood- 1-2

Centennial- 1-1

Total- (4-8)

He did not have a winning record over any of the team who mattered. Once again, he benefited from a stellar senior class his sophomore year. A great player makes players around him better, Mr. Heckman did not do that. The system he played in this year should have benefited him, because it fit his skill set. I will agree with on the play calling at times was lackluster and I think you will agree Eubanks is not sold on this new offense that was installed.

Indy will be a force to be reckoned with the next 3 years as they have a stellar group that will be sophomores that have a lot of talent. All they need to do is fine tune what they do on offense because if executed right it is tough to stop at the high school level. Indy made it easy on teams this year.

I hope to see Indy fans out at the game Friday night, come on over to the Rebels side.