Where has all the talent in TN gone in HS football

chief15

There are 46 football players on Division 1 rosters from Memphis! Henry Co. sent 2 players to the SEC last year (UT,LSU) & both have played this year as true freshman. You are a lunatic if you don't think there is talent in TN! The popoulation is smaller so we don't have the number but I bet per capita TN is in the top 15 easy.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a silly thread. Per capita, Tennessee turns out its fair share of D1-A and D1-AA football prospects. The issue is simple math - the population of Tennessee is much lower than the population of some of the states being thrown about who turn out many more D1-A and D1-AA prospects per year. It's not rocket science - less population means less prospects.

As has been said already, the quality of the prospects that Tennessee turns out has been and still is very good.

don't say Toney (dont get me wrong I think he is a great player but he wouldnt make it at the SEC level)

The same things were said about some guy from there now tearing it up at Kentucky, maybe you've heard of him.

:bored: That's what the Guys calling the KY/GA game said. How in the world did Randall Cobb and Golden Tate get out of the state of TN...............

This is a silly thread. Per capita, Tennessee turns out its fair share of D1-A and D1-AA football prospects. The issue is simple math - the population of Tennessee is much lower than the population of some of the states being thrown about who turn out many more D1-A and D1-AA prospects per year. It's not rocket science - less population means less prospects.

As has been said already, the quality of the prospects that Tennessee turns out has been and still is very good.

I'm wanting to say I've read Mississippi leads in per capita in Division 1-A caliber prospects though they often have a lot of non-qualifiers. Those guys end up in NAIA or Division II, or go junior college and they're not tracked as well to make the comparisons even if they end up signing Division 1-A.

There is plenty of talent in throughout the state. The issue is not the talent level but keeping in state and not letting it leak out to other programs. Some of our big time players seem to always get lured away to out of state programs. Baseball seems to do a much better job of keeping talent in state than football. Not sure why that is. Just an observation and opinion.