South Pittsburg AT Grace Christian

powerp

Fellers Old Pirate says the seniors have earned respect and will continue to build their legacy thru the playoffs. The SEC issue of why our players don't usually get recruited by major schools sometimes appears unfair and bias. However players have to have grades, size, speed and strength. The 08 seniors were dedicated in the weight room and some ran track to develop speed. The point is this, everyone has weaknesses and major schools tend to overlook 1A players with any. Now as for pointing out what is obvious weaknesses, that does not display disrespect. Take J. Blevins, he has consistantly out played his defensive teammates all year. If he had size................like J.Fennell, B. Mitchell, R. Robinson or S. Boles folkes would be a calling for sure and checking for grades. Now this smoke about key players gitting double teamed........don't wash with this OP. Fact is everyone in the house knows T.Rob is the offensive switch man and J.Blevins is the defensive player most all attempt to neutralize. Point is at the 1A level, yous better be "The Man" and have all the key items if large schools are to strongly recruit.
op...i wish u boys the best in the playoffs.my son played on the gville team in 02 and 03.he was the center.he has the upmost respect for you alls team.when we played in those years me and my family didnt have any trouble with those teams.they were very well nice boys to talk to.again i wish u all the best.maybe your boys will enjoy the next level of football.just wish they had of went to ut instead.

• Replies 552
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

look as far as D-1 players go there is just not that many around its not just the players they look its also the competion they play. there just not that many good teams in 1a. there is not any big time players that will be playing this friday night good players yes but not next level. (sec) im mean really who is the best 1a team you guys have played this year?

David's doing well.He is red-shirting this season.I don't know why a few of our fans last year were down on him.Maybe because he got so much attention brought to the school.It had been 10yrs since a player had garnerd major college attention.We were spoiled from the past season maybe.But the class showed by most of our fans is what we will remember most.David played with a dislocated AC joint in his right shoulder since the BB game.He gave his all for his team.Was a big part of the 07 championship team.Our o-lone was not the same as 07's. There was great jr. leadership on that 07 squad as well,no doubt.No excuse's being made for him.He was in rareified air his senior season.Back to back state championships was the goal.Though the competition has changed that is still the goal around here.I do see in the next 2yrs there will be SEC talent coming out of SP.As long as these young men take care of the classroom and academics.Iam so proud of the way the vets on this team have responded to the challenges.Go Pirates bring the gold back home!

How do yall think Grace will react in such a big game??Probably the biggest game their school has ever played in I would imagine....It is going to be packed out on the SP side from what I am hearing around town

Well, I can guarantee they KNOW what a big game this is. South Pittsburgh's reputation is well known. You won't be facing a team that has no clue what they are up against. They will be prepared. I wonder if the unknown is a disadvantage for SP? You really don't know what Grace will bring, do you?