Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

our teams the CROWD HAS BEEN HUGE!!!!

Please please please bring a huge crowd. I'd love for this to be a packed house. It'll be the only game going in Blount Co (and most surrounding counties) so hopefully we'll draw on others as well.

Ask Oak Ridge and Sevier County how the Warriors' travel in the post-season :bored:

If you could just take the time and tell us it would be appreciated. I don't really see many of them around this time of the year.

STARSNBARS Eatin' Places fer tha Riverdail folk.....

Best Hi Dollur place.....Foothills Millin Kumpney, Sullivuns

Best Ragular place.....Aubrees, Rooby Tuesdee, Chillys, TGEye Fridees

Best Homestile....Dubbs (momma's fav), Gracee's, 411 Resturunt, Crack Her Barrull, ShowKnees

Best Eyetaliun....Place next two Lost Ameegoes

Best Mexicun....Lost Ameegoes, El Jimmydoors, Ponchoes

Best Burgurr....Tea Cee's Grill, Five Gueyes, Hot Rods

Best BBQ....Bread Ov Heaven, Old fillun stashun on Worshingtun

Sammich places....Subs and Such, Farrhouse Subs, QuizNose, Fried Balonee at Dubbs...... :bored:

Frankie and Jason are going to be mad. It seems you would mention them first since you write the ads and make the signs.

Eat-more-Chicken.jpg

If you could just take the time and tell us it would be appreciated. I don't really see many of them around this time of the year.

We have been known to have more folks there than the host school. Cordova in the rain. Oak Ridge in the snow. We joke about how we need to make some campaign medals - especially the Poncho for the Cordova game. :bored:

This game excites me. I'm ready to see what both teams can do. I personally think defense will be the key in this game, and both defenses have done a great job all year. I'm giving the slight advantage to my Warriors, however. They aren't the most talented team in the state, but I believe the have the most heart out of anyone in the state. Even though Maryville makes very few mistakes and does nothing to beat themselves, I see Riverdale with a bit of an edge. GO WARRIORS! :bored:

How refreshing to see two outstanding, successful, and classy football programs having such mutual respect for each other. I expect a great game between these two teams and a lot of good sportsmanship from players and fans alike. The stadium will be packed with Maryville and Riverdale supporters and a whole bunch of other football fans. It will also be very loud...on both sides. Can't wait for what may become an annual Thanksgiving treat!!!

Neither team knows much about the other has anybody seen both of these teams in the last 5 or 6 weeks and can give an unbiased opinion?

Maryville was the best team that I seen in east Tennessee this year.I had seen them before the season and on film during the season,but they were much better when I seen them in the first round.Great coaching and players

Apparently you have not seen Alcoa.

I have not seen Alcoa and don't know how much they improved over the year. Maryville is a much better team then they were at the first of the year,that I do know.

How refreshing to see two outstanding, successful, and classy football programs having such mutual respect for each other. I expect a great game between these two teams and a lot of good sportsmanship from players and fans alike. The stadium will be packed with Maryville and Riverdale supporters and a whole bunch of other football fans. It will also be very loud...on both sides. Can't wait for what may become an annual Thanksgiving treat!!!

I could not agree with this statement more. Good to see programs that understand they are building the foundation for young men way past football playing days. This should be a great high school game. :idea: