Maryville and Riverdale Battle of the "BIG BOYS"

matback

Does anyone think that last years Hillsboro team compares in any way to this years Riverdale? I thought that last years Hillsboro team was very physical against Maryville. More so than previous state games. Anyone with mid-TN knowledge...?

Hillsboro can't come close to comparing in the mid state. There a small metro school who had one good year. If you think they were physical then I hope you have alot of EMT's on stand by for this one!!

Dang, thats pretty impressive! I think we only have one ambulance at the game. If Riverdale is that much better then it might get ugly for the Maryville O-line and WR's. Last years Hillsboro team impressed me as far as their speed and physical play is concerned. Anyone else have any comparisons?

• Replies 437
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read the heated conversation from eariler in the thread about the toughness of RHS defense and how effective the Rebels Offense will be. I will be very surprised if the Warriors keep the Rebels under 21. That is no disrespect to their D....I have watched the video of them and they are incredible. However, I saw the Rebels somehow score 24 against Alcoa in a game that the Alcoa D totally dominated us. We had like 12 total yards...ok maybe a little more. My point is GQ will find a way to exploit any weakness your team may have. If no weaknesses....well, then it may be a long night. Looking forward to a great game!

I read the heated conversation from eariler in the thread about the toughness of RHS defense and how effective the Rebels Offense will be. I will be very surprised if the Warriors keep the Rebels under 21. That is no disrespect to their D....I have watched the video of them and they are incredible. However, I saw the Rebels somehow score 24 against Alcoa in a game that the Alcoa D totally dominated us. We had like 12 total yards...ok maybe a little more. My point is GQ will find a way to exploit any weakness your team may have. If no weaknesses....well, then it may be a long night. Looking forward to a great game!

I got a feeling we're going to see every trick/junk/sandlot play in the book friday night.

We might even see the old "wrong ball play". :twisted:

I got a feeling we're going to see every trick/junk/sandlot play in the book friday night.

I'm hoping George doesn't have to reach too deep into that bag....but I have a feeling he may need to use one or two. How big can that bag of tricks really be?

I'm hoping George doesn't have to reach too deep into that bag....but I have a feeling he may need to use one or two. How big can that bag of tricks really be?

I think it's pretty dang big.

what else would Maryville coach be "holding" his tricks for....duhh...

...maybe the .................uhhhhhhh.......................

....uhhhhhhh......................................................

the 6A state playoffs????....... :twisted:

Not sure what you are asking??? He installs and practices a whole set of plays he calls "junk" and only uses them when absolutely necessary. This could be one of those games. He has a knack for calling them when you least expect it. I hope we don't see any of those plays the rest of this year...they can carry over to next year.h