Liberty Tech vs. Giles County - Semifinals

ftball1956

I have never seen so many parents living their lives through their kids than what I have seen at Giles all year long. Truly is sad to see. I really feel for those boys. What is worse what are you going to do next year when Giles is down again? :twisted:

Why don't you go back and post on the band thread and no its not a sport. If you took time to watch the Giles vs Page JV game you already know the GC program is waaaaaaay ahead of Page. But I fully understand as to why your living for the future and putting our current success down....cuz your sittin at home early this playoff season ....AGAIN! (Please no disrespect to Page fans which throw us a bit of support, as many of us often have yours)

Ah! that feels much better.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have never seen so many parents living their lives through their kids than what I have seen at Giles all year long. Truly is sad to see. I really feel for those boys. What is worse what are you going to do next year when Giles is down again? :twisted:

Why don't you go back and post on the band thread and no its not a sport. If you took time to watch the Giles vs Page JV game you already know the GC program is waaaaaaay ahead of Page. But I fully understand as to why your living for the future and putting our current success down....cuz your sittin at home early this playoff season ....AGAIN! (Please no disrespect to Page fans which throw us a bit of support, as many of us often have yours)

Well first off I have very few ties to Page any longer for that matter I have few ties to Indy who I have supported for past several years. As far as coaches at Page I wouldn't have those answers for you. I am actively trying to keep ours at Indy from parents who believe their child is the next Brett Farve. Speaking of coaches I have heard rumors that O'Connor has been floating his name around at a few places. Looks like he is trying to get while the Gettin is good. Doesn't surprise me. Not for sure about JV or what you are talking about? For the record I am rooting for you all this week. And I also read the paper about Wallace and think it is a shame he is not getting more looks. I do predict that there will be a lot of schools looking to pat Giles back next year for the crimes of the past couple.

I don't think being proud of your child's teams accomplishments qualifies being deemed living our lives through our children. They only get to be kids once and what is wrong with showing them we support them and what they have accomplished. I am proud of the Bobcats, what they have done and I wear my sons number proudly, and if you consider that living through my child so be. There are several posters on here that no longer have children on the team or they where at one point in time a bobcat themselves but are still proud of these boys and will continue to show there support no matter what you post.

I don't think being proud of your child's teams accomplishments qualifies being deemed living our lives through our children. They only get to be kids once and what is wrong with showing them we support them and what they have accomplished. I am proud of the Bobcats, what they have done and I wear my sons number proudly, and if you consider that living through my child so be. There are several posters on here that no longer have children on the team or they where at one point in time a bobcat themselves but are still proud of these boys and will continue to show there support no matter what you post.

You tell em girl. I think she actually is a women by the way. I couldnt agree more. But gender is not an issue when it comes to BOBCAT loyalty, we love them all. GO CATS!!!

Alright Bobcat fans win or lose this will be the last home game of the year and last home game for these seniors.I've seen some good teams come through GCHS in my thirty years of watching Bobcat football but this TEAM is the best.

So let's pack the place friday and crank the music up and play some football.Can't wait to here ecstasy of gold played during warm ups it gives me chills.Go Bobcats. By the way did Liberty finally give OC game tapes that had game footage on it?I heard that the tapes that the Liberty coach gave OC were blank.huh funny that.

Great post there young lady. Your son is the perfect example of the acorn not falling far from the tree :unsure:

I'm proud for the boys and the coaches but its also great for the school and the community. It always amazes me how the "bandwagon experts" come crawling out of the shadows when a team is winning. We are gonna need a LOT of door knobs before we are through :twisted:

I have never seen so many parents living their lives through their kids than what I have seen at Giles all year long. Truly is sad to see. I really feel for those boys. What is worse what are you going to do next year when Giles is down again? ;)

Well first off I have very few ties to Page any longer for that matter I have few ties to Indy who I have supported for past several years. As far as coaches at Page I wouldn't have those answers for you. I am actively trying to keep ours at Indy from parents who believe their child is the next Brett Farve. Speaking of coaches I have heard rumors that O'Connor has been floating his name around at a few places. Looks like he is trying to get while the Gettin is good. Doesn't surprise me. Not for sure about JV or what you are talking about? For the record I am rooting for you all this week. And I also read the paper about Wallace and think it is a shame he is not getting more looks. I do predict that there will be a lot of schools looking to pat Giles back next year for the crimes of the past couple.

Yo. John Wayne. Noticed some character flaws in your post. allow me to elaborate;

Few. Wouldn't. Rumors. Trying to get. Doesn't. Shame. Crimes. You are just a ray of sunshine on a cloudy day :unsure: If you don't know what or about JV then how the heck do you make a prediction? That's mighty good of you to tell the kids at Indy they will never be able to taste success through hard work, determination, and desire; AKA Brett Farve, as in role model. Again are you not a sunburn waiting to happen. I do like the part about other schools looking though. Sorry to put a little sun block on your forehead but the song "Can't Touch This" title implies OC's status. Now & next year :twisted:

I have it on good authority that Jackie Smith has bought OC out and OC will take the Warren Co. job.

Jackie will be coaching the Bobcats down the stretch to relive the Golden days and OC will be picking out property in Warren Co to build his dream home.

Look for Smith to become one-dimensional and conserve the Cats for next year......Jackie is going to wait and see if Tyler Smith has some eligibility left to play Receiver.....wait a minute that might have been 2003.

..............boy I bet that woke some folks up.

GC wins this one 31-21....if all those All-Stars from Liberty play well..they can score points.

How in the world can Liberty have 4 players picked and GC has 2 for the All-Star game???? Not to take anything away from the 4 chosen from Liberty...but C'mon....GC only 2.......typical BS politics

Giles just show them on the field!!!!

I have never seen so many parents living their lives through their kids than what I have seen at Giles all year long. Truly is sad to see. I really feel for those boys. What is worse what are you going to do next year when Giles is down again? :thumb:

You were on the Dr. Phil show! Weren't you ?

Lol @ bulldog. Me thinks its good old Jackie a going over there. OC's a staying put.

Since you brought up the subject of Tyler Smith and football. Giles has been blessed with some exceptional talent throughout the years but the football coaching style prevented many of them to reach their potential. IF Jackie would have known the forward pass had been invented and IF Tyler had played football @ wideout could you imagine the yards? I think Ruben Randall & Julio would be referred to as the next Tyler Smith. It really makes you ponder how a different point in time would have effected players who are now stars of their sport and players who didn't make it.

:thumb:

I like your thoughts on the game. I believe LTM is really good and the Cats are in for a tough one. :lol: