ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

It is because of fans like you that most people don't like you guys. Look at the stats. It was a good game. Yes we got beat by 3 touchdowns, but anyone that knows football knows that the score is not always indicative of the type of game it was. You guys proved to be the better team. You caused a couple of those turnovers outright. Very good team and obviously the best in the state, but to say you dominated is just plain crazy.

The F5 is the most dominate small school the state of Tenn has ever seen 6 straight does not lie :D

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does Alcoa return next year?????

I know on offense that Toney is a senior. I know that Tyson & Hambrick will make up the team's starting offensive backfield next year. How many of those linemen return?????

What about the defense????? I know Tyler Robinson & Nate Robinson are seniors and today was their final game. What about Warren? Isom? Herbert? Daniel Robinson?

So now we're disrespecting Milan because someone said alcoa dominated (I mean it was a 21-0 skunk anyway you look at it cause that is the only stat that matters) If it was a video game you hit the reset button. Its just silly that Alcoa had won 5 straight state titles and gets disrespected by being called cheaters, cocky, arrogant and yet when we win by 3 touchdowns....3 ....We're disrespecting the other team.... Stay classy Tennessee, Ill be back next year when whoever we play whines about Alcoa.

It is because of fans like you that most people don't like you guys. Look at the stats. It was a good game. Yes we got beat by 3 touchdowns, but anyone that knows football knows that the score is not always indicative of the type of game it was. You guys proved to be the better team. You caused a couple of those turnovers outright. Very good team and obviously the best in the state, but to say you dominated is just plain crazy.

most of those stats came from one pass play in the 1st qtr. and the rest came on the first possession of the 2nd half. And you say look at the stats....well you didnt talk stats last weak. you talked D, well you got it. the golden er silver goose egg. How bout that for D...3 scores in this game was very indicative of total domination.

Where did all the Milan fans go??? :D

By the time you stop and eat, it is a 5 hour drive to the house for us. We are not afraid to eat our crow. One more observation. Everyone is giving kudos to the Alcoa offensive line, but I was not impressed one bit with them. This Oline that I heard so much about and you amassed 168 yards. Not too impressed. Now the D line was another story. They were very good.

I'm impressed that you are still up talking smack

Not talking smack. They were just built up so much that I was expecting way more than I saw from them. Truth be told, I'll be you guys were too.

Congrats to Alcoa for a dominant win. Very good line play won this game. They knew what Alcoa was gonna do, stacked the box and still pounded the rock.

Milan...congrats on the silver. good team.

Now please stop with the turnover business...That didnt fly with last week vs. York. yall kept saying "we adjusted and please give our defense its props." Well just give Alcoa their props. One long pass play in the first quarter and the drive to begin the 2nd half was all Milan could muster.

Congrats to Alcoa. 6 in a row is amazing. You guys just know how to win. The only thing I have to say that might sound negative to the Alcoa fan is please don't say you dominated. You won. You showed that you are the champs, but not dominated. It was turnovers that cost Milan any chance of winning. I am not saying that Alcoa did not have something to do with those turnovers because they did. However, the stats show a pretty evenly played game. We even outgained you guys in total yards and 1st downs. So, great win, but please quit disrespecting a great Milan team. I don't think any team held you to that few a yards. Not even the "great" Loudon that some people are talking about.

I will say it was dominating. 21-0....you kidding me. Alcoa had control from the coin toss. Ah it was those "pesky turnovers". Stats mean little right? or that was the attitude last week about another game. Either way Milan lost. Say what you will to tickle your ears, but This game never had the feeling of getting close on the scoreboard....And that is what is remembered.

I don't disagree with that. You guys were not threatened. I am even giving you guys credit for the turnovers, although I still don't know how in the world we had the fumbles. The int's were great D by Alcoa. NO doubt about it. I just remember hearing how you guys were going to make us look stupid with your awesome running game, but I did not see a Mr. Football tonight. Not even you guys can argue that.

The F5 is the most dominate small school the state of Tenn has ever seen 6 straight does not lie :D

I am not disagreeing with that statement either. The performance tonight was not this "dominating" thing though. Especially the way you guys talked it up. Saying how you were going to run it down our throats and put up 45 point on us. It was a very evenly played game with the exception of 2 turnovers inside our 10. Any objective person would have to agree. I am not saying that Milan was the better team. We were not. You guys are the best team in 3A football, but to say that you dominated this game is just not a truthful statement.

I know Toney had 130+ rushing yards and 3 touchdowns in the game. I know Alcoa scored 21 points.

I know Gilbert struggled all day to get back to the line of scrimmage. I know Milan scored 0 points.

The yards that Milan did get for the game were on pass plays. On the long pass play on the 2nd possession of the game I know the Milan receiver pushed Isom in the back and got the ball. On the 1st drive of the 2nd half I though Milan did a great job of attacking Alcoa's defense through the air down the middle of the field with the seam routes off of the play actin game.

Milan had more turnovers yes HOWEVER let's not forget that Alcoa could have easily won this game 28-0 had it not been for a turnover on their own part (Tallent's fumble inside the Milan 10 yard line). If that play doesn't occur then it's a 21-0 game early and honestly I don't know if Milan would have even wanted to continue if that would have been the case. They may have folded it in at that point had that actually occurred. There is a much bigger difference between 14-0 & 21-0.

Milan had a great team..........Alcoa had an even greater team..........GAME OVER!!!!!

So now we're disrespecting Milan because someone said alcoa dominated (I mean it was a 21-0 skunk anyway you look at it cause that is the only stat that matters) If it was a video game you hit the reset button. Its just silly that Alcoa had won 5 straight state titles and gets disrespected by being called cheaters, cocky, arrogant and yet when we win by 3 touchdowns....3 ....We're disrespecting the other team.... Stay classy Tennessee, Ill be back next year when whoever we play whines about Alcoa.

most of those stats came from one pass play in the 1st qtr. and the rest came on the first possession of the 2nd half. And you say look at the stats....well you didnt talk stats last weak. you talked D, well you got it. the golden er silver goose egg. How bout that for D...3 scores in this game was very indicative of total domination.

I did talk stats last week. However, I am not getting into last week's game. Ask Loudon if they think they got owned in their playoff game against you guys. I would bet not. And yet Loudon did not outgain you or get more 1st downs. That 1st down stat is pretty impressive because I thought we would win and not have more 1st downs. If you take that pass play out in the 1st half, we still have almost the yards you have. And we had more than one drive in the 2nd half.

I know Toney had 130+ rushing yards and 3 touchdowns in the game. I know Alcoa scored 21 points.

I know Gilbert struggled all day to get back to the line of scrimmage. I know Milan scored 0 points.

The yards that Milan did get for the game were on pass plays. On the long pass play on the 2nd possession of the game I know the Milan receiver pushed Isom in the back and got the ball. On the 1st drive of the 2nd half I though Milan did a great job of attacking Alcoa's defense through the air down the middle of the field with the seam routes off of the play actin game.

Milan had more turnovers yes HOWEVER let's not forget that Alcoa could have easily won this game 28-0 had it not been for a turnover on their own part (Tallent's fumble inside the Milan 10 yard line). If that play doesn't occur then it's a 21-0 game early and honestly I don't know if Milan would have even wanted to continue if that would have been the case. They may have folded it in at that point had that actually occurred. There is a much bigger difference between 14-0 & 21-0.

Milan had a great team..........Alcoa had an even greater team..........GAME OVER!!!!!

Not true about your turnover argument. You guys fumbled on that drive, and then we turned around and threw the int. so they pretty much washed each other out.

hufs not impressed in the O line...Milan pretty much brought 8-9 to stop the run and they still run the ball and no need for halfback passes either down in the red zone. Not impressive...naw...just lined up every play and said here we go. Toney for 6 and again 6 and again 6.

What game did you watch? Have you guys ever punted that many times in a game? Is it beyond your ability to say that someone actually belonged on the field with the mighty Alcoa? BTW, I don't know if we ever put 9 nine in the box. Maybe a couple of times, but it was mostly 7 and 8 in the box, the same as you guys. Matter of fact, I saw quite a few zero coverage by your team. You do know what zero coverage is don't you?

hufs not impressed in the O line...Milan pretty much brought 8-9 to stop the run and they still run the ball and no need for halfback passes either down in the red zone. Not impressive...naw...just lined up every play and said here we go. Toney for 6 and again 6 and again 6.

What game did you watch? Have you guys ever punted that many times in a game? Is it beyond your ability to say that someone actually belonged on the field with the mighty Alcoa?

Watched the same game as you I reckon.

Never said you didnt deserve to be there....But are you not going to admit the whole place knew Alcoa was gonna run the football? Is it beyond your abilty to admit that Milan is a 2-3 TD underdog to Alcoa. Twice. What about those goal line stands, you crammed everybody in including the tuba players out of the band to stop the run. Couldn't do it. 21-0 is total domination.