ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

hufs not impressed in the O line...Milan pretty much brought 8-9 to stop the run and they still run the ball and no need for halfback passes either down in the red zone. Not impressive...naw...just lined up every play and said here we go. Toney for 6 and again 6 and again 6.

What game did you watch? Have you guys ever punted that many times in a game? Is it beyond your ability to say that someone actually belonged on the field with the mighty Alcoa?

Watched the same game as you I reckon.

Never said you didnt deserve to be there....But are you not going to admit the whole place knew Alcoa was gonna run the football? Is it beyond your abilty to admit that Milan is a 2-3 TD underdog to Alcoa. Twice. What about those goal line stands, you crammed everybody in including the tuba players out of the band to stop the run. Couldn't do it. 21-0 is total domination.

Obviously on goaline plays it is going to be more in the box. All I am saying is that without the 2 big turnovers inside the 10, the game would be more like what the stats look like it was. That would be an Alcoa hard fought win. The way you guys are talking, people would think you came on the field and pushed us around. That makes me very angry because you guys know as well as I do, that did not happen.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hufs not impressed in the O line...Milan pretty much brought 8-9 to stop the run and they still run the ball and no need for halfback passes either down in the red zone. Not impressive...naw...just lined up every play and said here we go. Toney for 6 and again 6 and again 6.

What game did you watch? Have you guys ever punted that many times in a game? Is it beyond your ability to say that someone actually belonged on the field with the mighty Alcoa? BTW, I don't know if we ever put 9 nine in the box. Maybe a couple of times, but it was mostly 7 and 8 in the box, the same as you guys. Matter of fact, I saw quite a few zero coverage by your team. You do know what zero coverage is don't you?

You do know what a gold ball is don't you?

This game was not dominated by either team whatsoever. Milan did turn the ball over 4 times, and against a team like Alcoa you have to play a perfect game. I do believe if 3 of those turnovers never happened things could've went a little different than they did. However, as I said in a previous post, coulda, woulda, shoulda doesn't get you anywhere. I will say that Milan held their own against the mighty F5 today and I'm very impressed. And as stated before, congratulations to Alcoa on the win today. Hopefully these 2 teams can play for a 3rd straight year in 2010 :D

I don't think BigDaddy is from Alcoa. Someone said that they weren't impressed with our o-line. Apparently you didn't see all the holes they were opening up for Toney. You also don't realize that without our o-line we don't get 3 td's. Our defense was awesome last night, but without our o-line we don't win the game. This year's team was just that: a team. Toney may have gotten a lot of attention, but he's the first to point to the o-line.

Milan's d was pretty good. Now that we've actually seen Milan in person, I'd say CAK-Milan or Loudon-Milan would be 2 really good games. It would be interesting to see who would come up on top of those games. Loudon was able to put 3 points on our 1st string, and during our last game CAK was actually beating us at 2 points in the game (7-0 after the 1st play of the game, then 10-7 before we pulled away). Maybe Milan should've taken that field goal instead of going for the td. Oh well...watcha gonna do?

Again, was disappointed that so many Milan fans left in the 3rd quarter. Come on, this is the state championship game! Anything could've happened when the score was 14-0. One td and Milan was back in it with a blocked punt or a fumble recovery. Very disappointing.

Congrats to Alcoa for an undefeated season and a 6th straight title! Can't wait to see them back in C'ville next year!

Hey, huf: Last night Alcoa did what Alcoa's done every game...run the ball. No razzle dazzle plays like years past, just get the ball and ram it down the opponent's throat. The game was just what Alcoa fans expected. Milan does have a good defense...was it the best we've seen this year? I'd say it's close, just wouldn't go out on a limb and say it was the best.

What does Alcoa return next year?????

I know on offense that Toney is a senior. I know that Tyson & Hambrick will make up the team's starting offensive backfield next year. How many of those linemen return?????

What about the defense????? I know Tyler Robinson & Nate Robinson are seniors and today was their final game. What about Warren? Isom? Herbert? Daniel Robinson?

We lose a bit, but then we have younger players itching to get in there. All 3 Robinsons are seniors this year, and Herbert is also a senior. Warren and Isom will be back, along with Mangum & Evans. We've got some hosses that will be sophmores next year, as long as they step it up, which I think they will.

Not worried about next year's team; Tallant grew a bunch this year and will continue to get better. I expect to see them back in the champ game next year!

GOOD MORNING...from the snowy mountains of East TN!!!

Oh my Bulldogs....I'm not sure where your butterfingers came from yesterday....but you can take this an excuse if you wish but that was NOT Milan that played the past 14 games. Guess they got intimidated by the F5.....Oh well, I proudly take my silver ball back to the west!

As for Big Daddy...he's NOT an Alcoa fan, and he's still bitter that Milan put his precious York Dragons out last week. Sorry bud, but give it up!!!! You got beat by the better team, and so did Milan. Difference is...we get a shiny silver ball....you get a plaque saying you made it to round 4...that is neither shiny or a ball! So suck it up and move on.....you have no dawg...or tornado in this race!!!!! You give Alcoa fans a bad name....and you're not even an Alcoa fan!

Without Milan turnovers in Alcoa territory, this could have been a great game! But....Milan did turn it over, so it turned out to be a good game. Milan's D turned out to be awesome against the Mighty F5. Just wondering, how many times Alcoa had to punt on first string before this game???

Alcoa was classy as always, and their true fans have been very gracious on here and know that without those gimme's by Milan, (which is just a part of the game :D ) Alcoa had the best game of the year on their hands! As for the not scoring, Milan had the choice to get 3 and be just like Loudon, but our coach knew that 3 points wouldn't win the game....so why not just go for it? We gambled, we lost, we move on. IMO Milan moved the ball pretty good....as long as it wasn't inside the red zone! LoL Last year we had like negative 5 first downs....this year we had 11! More than Alcoa....but Alcoa didn't have to have them really when Milan gives it to them on the 8 yard line! Anyway...a loss is easier to suck up when you know you just got beat by one of the top 100 programs in the entire country! At least for me anyway.....but then again read my disclaimer! lol

I'm looking forward to seeing kids from both Alcoa and Milan playing on Saturdays next fall! Mr. Toney is a bullet....especially on the outside!

Congrats to Alcoa for #6......Congrats to Milan for a great season! P.S. Gotta give props to the cheerleaders for their banner. All of Milan fans read that, chuckled, and said "Well yeah, yeah that's pretty much true". LoL

Alcoa is STILL the BEAST from the East, and Milan is STILL the BEST from the West!!!

what everybody doesn't seem to realize is that this game hasn't even been played yet. we're all saying we're gonna do this and we're gonna do that. the score is gonna be this or that. nobody on here is a coach or player.so nobody knows what anybody is gonna do til friday or what exactly is gonna happen til the game is over. hey, i'm thedawg and i can razz and jazz with the best of you and i have fun doin it and hope ya'll enjoy it too. but i'm all for razing,jazzing,trolling and strolling after we know what the outcome is. seems to me that's when all the mudslinging should begin, and i know ya'll are gonna say i've already slung a little mud and you're right. so starting right now i'm just gonna say i hope my dawgs win because it is gonna be an uphill climb against alcoa. they are a great team. if they weren't they wouldn't be #1 in the state and #44 in the nation. but like alot of goliaths, they can be beat. just hoping it's friday that it happens. if my dawgs do win, then oh my! i'm definitely gonna turn THEDAWG44 loose on the F5. :D

And if they dont????? :D

GUESS WHAT?? THEY DID'NT!!!! :D GO TORNADOES!!!! :o

Reeportin' frum Cookvul.......Way two goe 'Naders!!!!.....A little snoe on tha grass....mommaSTARS haz jist closed tha Conteenintull Breakfust barr hear!!!!.....Tha Pups and me ere thankin' bowt tryin' two find a good snoie hill and ride momma a few times.....lol.....See eveurbody at tha Reb gaim latur....Bundull up......Eye wood butt momma's my space heetur...... :D

Ok, I understand. So if Milan happens to beat Alcoa Friday, then there will be no comments similar to the ones we have been seeing from the other east Tennessee foes. None about Aloca's execution. If Milan happens to beat Alcoa then Milan is the better team period, right?

Yes, I would agree that Milan was the better team. Alcoa had been beat by Maryville for 9 years straight. After those losses, I have never stated that Alcoa was the better team. WE LOST THE GAME. Thank God that was not the case this year. With that said, here's to an injury free game and may the best team win! GO TORNADOES!!!!! :o

WHERE ARE YOU TCT??? US ALCOA FANS ARE WAITING TO HEAR IT???? MAN UP!!!! :D

What does Alcoa return next year?????

I know on offense that Toney is a senior. I know that Tyson & Hambrick will make up the team's starting offensive backfield next year. How many of those linemen return?????

What about the defense????? I know Tyler Robinson & Nate Robinson are seniors and today was their final game. What about Warren? Isom? Herbert? Daniel Robinson?

We lose a bit, but then we have younger players itching to get in there. All 3 Robinsons are seniors this year, and Herbert is also a senior. Warren and Isom will be back, along with Mangum & Evans. We've got some hosses that will be sophmores next year, as long as they step it up, which I think they will.

Not worried about next year's team; Tallant grew a bunch this year and will continue to get better. I expect to see them back in the champ game next year!

Plus, Alcoa will still have Warren chasing QB's from the DE position, Talent and Isom at DB,

Tyson at FB! :D , Vee Hambrick, Crenshaw, and Koko at RB! :D Plus, Crenshaw and Tyson may play some at LB! Talk about some big horses in the middle. Also returning on the line will be McLaughlin, which might find a home at DE. I see Cunningham and Wheeler being good replacements for the Robinson Brothers. Last, Talent will return at QB. BUT, he may be pushed hard for position unless he works hard in the off season improving his throwing ability. He is a awesome athlete and great defensive player, just needs to attend some QB camps to better his mechanics.

The F5 reloads for number 7! :o:D

BulldawgGirl03, Your a class act!.........Them BullDawgs you pull for are TOUGH!