ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

I’m not going to get in the middle of your all’s squabble, but

I think this was a well competitive matched game.

Congratulation to both teams

I agree there were no domination on either side.

Milan sorry to say this and no harm intending, but you beat yourselves, yes you can hang with Alcoa & did. Things could have been different if the turnovers were not there. It might not have showed it on the score board, but anybody who was there or watched it knows. Might not admit it but they know…

And Alcoa not meaning anything bad as well, but yes you have a good team and good program, but either you were having a bad day or Milan made you not look as good as the talk is on here, nothing was as impressive as the talk, but you all did just play good football.

1 Question: other then the turnovers I did see 1 fault from the refs, how did Alcoa get to return the ball in the start of the second half, when he caught the ball on the 1 1/2 yard line and stepped back into the end-zone and was allowed to come out and make it to the I believe it was the 38 yard line? Should have been placed on the 20 yard line.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not going to get in the middle of your all’s squabble, but

I think this was a well competitive matched game.

Congratulation to both teams

I agree there were no domination on either side.

Milan sorry to say this and no harm intending, but you beat yourselves, yes you can hang with Alcoa & did. Things could have been different if the turnovers were not there. It might not have showed it on the score board, but anybody who was there or watched it knows. Might not admit it but they know…

And Alcoa not meaning anything bad as well, but yes you have a good team and good program, but either you were having a bad day or Milan made you not look as good as the talk is on here, nothing was as impressive as the talk, but you all did just play good football.

1 Question: other then the turnovers I did see 1 fault from the refs, how did Alcoa get to return the ball in the start of the second half, when he caught the ball on the 1 1/2 yard line and stepped back into the end-zone and was allowed to come out and make it to the I believe it was the 38 yard line? Should have been placed on the 20 yard line.

To your question, he fielded it in the field of play before stepping in so no touchback. Imagine if he knew he wouldn't get 10 yards so he stepped back in and it was a touchback, it'd be a huge problem. It was within the rules for sure. He took a risk and it paid off.

Alcoa had a hard time against the d, but don't forget that the int was right after alcoa methodically drove and milan caused a fumble. Alcoa didn't play flashy but they chewed clock and did what it took to get the w.

Milan was worthy, but can't make mistakes and win against alcoa. Still if they played 10 times I think alcoa wins 10 times.

Sorry but I dont sugar coat things. I tell stuff exactly like I see it I dont care if its Milan, Goodpasture, Maryville or my own Alcoa. The best thing to do is to prove me wrong on the field.

He's right about that...been reading 74's posts all year. If you dish it then take it :popcorneater:

Seems like you have trashed something about Alcoa in about 1/3 of your posts, from not running through the cheerleader banner, the band not playing the Horse, black "out" jerseys, the proposed new stadium, even your old coach, etc....an equal opportunity basher I would say dry.gif

IMO this is the kind of fan Alcoa does not need. An adult, publically bashing a 16 year old kid. How can you even justify this lack of tact????? Go pull for somebody else. Austin, your true fans support you as you learn and grown.

What hurt Milan the most (outside of turnovers) is the fact it seemed they felt they should run the ball constantly. Ill tell a secret that somehow teams havent figured out. If you have a decent QB and Above Average WRs and a QUICK passing game (Slants, quickouts, curls) you can do some damage against alcoa. Milan had a couple of passes for decent gains and then went right back into the run.

Another player to look out for next year will be Freshman QB (current middle school QB) Austin Morgan. Morgan is a big kid for his age (about 6ft at 13 years old) he's got an incredible arm that is an absolute cannon (much better then Austin Talent) and can move around the pocket pretty well. His only downfall would be A) He is a freshman and :roflol: he probably isnt as mobile as Talent is. Honestly though all year long Ive not been impressed with Talent and thought he's probably the worst Alcoa QB in the past 10 years, mainly from decision making. I doubt the coaches will but I give the Freshman QB a very strong look next year, it will certainly give us something we didnt have this year and thats a decent passing game.

Unbelievable that you would come on here and dog your on teams player after a championship game win. To tell you the truth I know of at least 1 quarterback that he was better than. Also like one poster said earlier the play calling was really bad. Throw some screens and try to hit T-Rod down the middle of the field instead of the out pattern. These things would have helped our quarterback out a lot. Also your in dream land if you think a freshman would even be looked at before our back-up quarterback Hogan Goodson. WAKE UP!!!

Another player to look out for next year will be Freshman QB (current middle school QB) Austin Morgan. Morgan is a big kid for his age (about 6ft at 13 years old) he's got an incredible arm that is an absolute cannon (much better then Austin Talent) and can move around the pocket pretty well. His only downfall would be A) He is a freshman and :lol: he probably isnt as mobile as Talent is. Honestly though all year long Ive not been impressed with Talent and thought he's probably the worst Alcoa QB in the past 10 years, mainly from decision making. I doubt the coaches will but I give the Freshman QB a very strong look next year, it will certainly give us something we didnt have this year and thats a decent passing game.

This makes me sick!!! Austin Talent is one of the best athletes and best people that i know for You to say that Morgan is more capable to be a quarterback than talent is well let me say just plain old stupid. there is no doubt that morgan is an athletic kid but will for sure need attitude check because he is not as good as alcoa74 orhimself think that he is. again I do not get what you are thinking and it makes me want to vomit :thumb::roflol::lol:

Another player to look out for next year will be Freshman QB (current middle school QB) Austin Morgan. Morgan is a big kid for his age (about 6ft at 13 years old) he's got an incredible arm that is an absolute cannon (much better then Austin Talent) and can move around the pocket pretty well. His only downfall would be A) He is a freshman and :roflol: he probably isnt as mobile as Talent is. Honestly though all year long Ive not been impressed with Talent and thought he's probably the worst Alcoa QB in the past 10 years, mainly from decision making. I doubt the coaches will but I give the Freshman QB a very strong look next year, it will certainly give us something we didnt have this year and thats a decent passing game.

Unbelievable that you would come on here and dog your on teams player after a championship game win. To tell you the truth I know of at least 1 quarterback that he was better than. Also like one poster said earlier the play calling was really bad. Throw some screens and try to hit T-Rod down the middle of the field instead of the out pattern. These things would have helped our quarterback out a lot. Also your in dream land if you think a freshman would even be looked at before our back-up quarterback Hogan Goodson. WAKE UP!!!

Honestly, I find it difficult to be critical of anything these players have done over the past 4 years under the leadership of the best coaching Alcoa High School has EVER seen. Our team plays with class and all of the side bar trash has stopped. As far as Austin goes, the comment is childish at best. The crack is made against a 16 year old kid who more than likely reads this board. This is not Volquest and I hope this kind of trash will stop. The kid just led us to a 15 and 0 season that includes a victory over Maryville who will be the 6a state champion in 3 hours.

Honestly, I find it difficult to be critical of anything these players have done over the past 4 years under the leadership of the best coaching Alcoa High School has EVER seen. Our team plays with class and all of the side bar trash has stopped. As far as Austin goes, the comment is childish at best. The crack is made against a 16 year old kid who more than likely reads this board. This is not Volquest and I hope this kind of trash will stop. The kid just led us to a 15 and 0 season that includes a victory over Maryville who will be the 6a state champion in 3 hours.

I think the QB played exceptional. I thought maybe he would make a mistake being a 1st year starter as well as young, but he had great composure. He was as much of a reason for your win as anybody. If he does read these boards then I want to say from the Milan fans that you played a great game man. No matter how good you are, there is always someone that will find something to say. Anyway, great job young man.

Regarding Tallent and QB's in general, IMO too many people judge the position based on the player's ability to throw the football. Many judge a QB to be "good" if he can throw it 60+ yards, or throw it through a brick wall. A good QB has to possess many qualities: leadership, toughness, knowledge of the game, composure, field vision, and a team first attitude, along with the ability to run and/or pass accurately, and others I've omitted I'm sure. In high school the minimum demands of the deep ball and the overall lack of explosive speed from the majority of the DB's allows players with less than a cannon arm to be successful. Coaches look for different things from their QB's, primarily based on the type of offense they run. Alcoa, at the present time, does not have to have a QB with a "gun". Tallent may or may not be your choice of an ideal QB, I certainly would not know that since I support another school. But I will be quick to say that he was pivital in making some big plays against CAK in both games this year that led to Alcoa victories. A couple of very big scrambles and runs to convert 3rd and longs that resulted in scoring drives and a very nice deep pass to T.Rob for a TD after what should have been a QB sack. In both of those games he turned the ball over ZERO times. So while some in Alcoa may not be satisfied with the QB play, I for one think he does a good job within the system he is playing, and really that is all you can ask of the young man. You have to be a special breed to play QB. You have to have very thick skin and a short memory, all while maintaining a humble attitude. And that goes for the parents of a QB as well. I'm sure Tallent meets the requirements of GR or he wouldn't be on the field. I hope Tallent does read these threads. It will teach him some valuable life lessons. Believe in yourself, trust your coaches & teammates, take criticism for what its worth, sports are something you do not who you are, you'll never make everyone happy, stay focused, work hard and a dozen other cliches. No matter what your opinion is of your QB, you are now a 6 time defending state champion, and Tallent was the QB of this years team. Congratulations to both. :thumb: