ALCOA VS. MILAN, Let's get this started!!

MilanDog9

WE should stop bashing our own players on this stupid board! I understand sometimes we get frustrated, but not a good idea to say it on here...it can only end badly for all involved. We have all sat in the stands and made comments(whether out loud or to our selves) such as "can he not catch", "can we not stop the pass", "why did the coach call that play", or even "why cant we pass the ball"...it is human nature. Alcoa74 Im sure didnt mean this as bad as it came out(I hope). We have all read the posts and heard all year about how if anybody shuts down the run game, we can be beat cause we cant throw. I think he was just trying to imply that this other kid, might give us better passing options. The Morgan kid is a good athlete and might be a really good qb, but he is just going to be a freshman. Speaking of freshman, I think we all sometimes forget that this was really Tallent's freshman season at qb for Alcoa too! Tallent did what was needed for us to win(every game). It seems like the players follow Tallent so he must be a pretty good leader! I guess we just got spoiled from the Michael George's and Randall Cobb's!!!!! Plus we need to remember that other than TE, we had one real deep threat with good hands and we are used to having 3 or 4...this might play part in the qb play as well. Its alot easier to cover 1 instead of 3! All in all, we are one big STATE CHAMPION family from Alcoa and we will just have to take Tornado74 under our wing and help him out! Plus his post was at like 7am on sat morning....he either had a rough nite and couldnt sleep or had to get up early on a sat following a state championship....either way, he was delirious and hopefully seen the error of his ways!! LOL

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Tallent and QB's in general, IMO too many people judge the position based on the player's ability to throw the football. Many judge a QB to be "good" if he can throw it 60+ yards, or throw it through a brick wall. A good QB has to possess many qualities: leadership, toughness, knowledge of the game, composure, field vision, and a team first attitude, along with the ability to run and/or pass accurately, and others I've omitted I'm sure. In high school the minimum demands of the deep ball and the overall lack of explosive speed from the majority of the DB's allows players with less than a cannon arm to be successful. Coaches look for different things from their QB's, primarily based on the type of offense they run. Alcoa, at the present time, does not have to have a QB with a "gun". Tallent may or may not be your choice of an ideal QB, I certainly would not know that since I support another school. But I will be quick to say that he was pivital in making some big plays against CAK in both games this year that led to Alcoa victories. A couple of very big scrambles and runs to convert 3rd and longs that resulted in scoring drives and a very nice deep pass to T.Rob for a TD after what should have been a QB sack. In both of those games he turned the ball over ZERO times. So while some in Alcoa may not be satisfied with the QB play, I for one think he does a good job within the system he is playing, and really that is all you can ask of the young man. You have to be a special breed to play QB. You have to have very thick skin and a short memory, all while maintaining a humble attitude. And that goes for the parents of a QB as well. I'm sure Tallent meets the requirements of GR or he wouldn't be on the field. I hope Tallent does read these threads. It will teach him some valuable life lessons. Believe in yourself, trust your coaches & teammates, take criticism for what its worth, sports are something you do not who you are, you'll never make everyone happy, stay focused, work hard and a dozen other cliches. No matter what your opinion is of your QB, you are now a 6 time defending state champion, and Tallent was the QB of this years team. Congratulations to both. :flower:

Thank you for this post Footballdad. As always, you exhibit class and sportsmanship in all things. Hope you and yours have a very Merry Christmas.[/quote]

Back at you Mom :roflol:

I was on the field Friday. MLB #19, Avery Williamson has the worst trash talking mouth I've seen in my four years of playing at Alcoa. I cam into the game respecting him but left with a very different oppinion.

Now that I'm not playing for the team anymore with this win, I can come out and say i was a player on this tornado team.

I don't believe anything you just said. Show some GUTS and put your name and jersey # on here if you (another player) are going to call Avery out on here?

Congratulation to Milan for a great season!

Alcoa folks,

You guys represent BC very well year after year. Not just with great football, but great fans who support their kids, but mostly for having great kids who show a lot of class on and off the field in victory and defeat. Congratulation on the newest gold ball!

MHS82

True about Alcoa, MHS 82....Saw several of my AHS buds cheering on the Rebs last nite....Also Coach Rankin and family doing the same....AHS-MHS have a special rivalry which few can understand....It's blood and guts for one week.....But admiration, respect, and friendship for 51 weeks....Congrats on the GOLD Ball 'Naders.... :popcorneater:

Haha....is Rockwood E. TN? That's Eastern time so I call that E. TN! LoL Mom's family all lives there. Actually had some of them come to Cookeville for the game, then we went back to their house and had some good ol' warm chili and strawberry cobbler waitin! Don't get much better than that!!!

Glad you cleared that up. Was beginning to think westeners thought everything east of Nashvegas was E. Tn.! Kinda like some people from Betsy didn't consider us E. Tn.!

You were "almost" in God's country! Rockwood definitely has some pretty countryside; we've played there a time or 2!

Until next year, BullDawgGirl03! Godspeed!

WE should stop bashing our own players on this stupid board! I understand sometimes we get frustrated, but not a good idea to say it on here...it can only end badly for all involved. We have all sat in the stands and made comments(whether out loud or to our selves) such as "can he not catch", "can we not stop the pass", "why did the coach call that play", or even "why cant we pass the ball"...it is human nature. Alcoa74 Im sure didnt mean this as bad as it came out(I hope). We have all read the posts and heard all year about how if anybody shuts down the run game, we can be beat cause we cant throw. I think he was just trying to imply that this other kid, might give us better passing options. The Morgan kid is a good athlete and might be a really good qb, but he is just going to be a freshman. Speaking of freshman, I think we all sometimes forget that this was really Tallent's freshman season at qb for Alcoa too! Tallent did what was needed for us to win(every game). It seems like the players follow Tallent so he must be a pretty good leader! I guess we just got spoiled from the Michael George's and Randall Cobb's!!!!! Plus we need to remember that other than TE, we had one real deep threat with good hands and we are used to having 3 or 4...this might play part in the qb play as well. Its alot easier to cover 1 instead of 3! All in all, we are one big STATE CHAMPION family from Alcoa and we will just have to take Tornado74 under our wing and help him out! Plus his post was at like 7am on sat morning....he either had a rough nite and couldnt sleep or had to get up early on a sat following a state championship....either way, he was delirious and hopefully seen the error of his ways!! LOL

Maybe Alcoa 74 needs some Nyquil? :thumb:

Haha....is Rockwood E. TN? That's Eastern time so I call that E. TN! LoL Mom's family all lives there. Actually had some of them come to Cookeville for the game, then we went back to their house and had some good ol' warm chili and strawberry cobbler waitin! Don't get much better than that!!!

Glad you cleared that up. Was beginning to think westeners thought everything east of Nashvegas was E. Tn.! Kinda like some people from Betsy didn't consider us E. Tn.!

You were "almost" in God's country! Rockwood definitely has some pretty countryside; we've played there a time or 2!

Until next year, BullDawgGirl03! Godspeed!

I consider pretty much everything East of Crab Orchard East, considering that's where you start up the mountain, and not far from where the Eastern time starts!

Hope you have a VERY Merry Christmas TornadoGold....now you got a shiny new ring to decorate that tree! :thumb: Haha....See y'all next August!!!

Another player to look out for next year will be Freshman QB (current middle school QB) Austin Morgan. Morgan is a big kid for his age (about 6ft at 13 years old) he's got an incredible arm that is an absolute cannon (much better then Austin Talent) and can move around the pocket pretty well. His only downfall would be A) He is a freshman and :roll: he probably isnt as mobile as Talent is. Honestly though all year long Ive not been impressed with Talent and thought he's probably the worst Alcoa QB in the past 10 years, mainly from decision making. I doubt the coaches will but I give the Freshman QB a very strong look next year, it will certainly give us something we didnt have this year and thats a decent passing game.

Another player to look out for next year will be Freshman QB (current middle school QB) Austin Morgan. Morgan is a big kid for his age (about 6ft at 13 years old) he's got an incredible arm that is an absolute cannon (much better then Austin Talent) and can move around the pocket pretty well. His only downfall would be A) He is a freshman and :roll: he probably isnt as mobile as Talent is. Honestly though all year long Ive not been impressed with Talent and thought he's probably the worst Alcoa QB in the past 10 years, mainly from decision making. I doubt the coaches will but I give the Freshman QB a very strong look next year, it will certainly give us something we didnt have this year and thats a decent passing game.

YOu cant come on here and say stuff like that, come on. Be mature. Austin has worked hard all year long and your opinion like that is surely not needed.

Sorry but I dont sugar coat things. I tell stuff exactly like I see it I dont care if its Milan, Goodpasture, Maryville or my own Alcoa. The best thing to do is to prove me wrong on the field.