Class 4a State Championship Greeneville vs. Giles

DevilMan03

A Greeneville luv for Giles County in today's Greeneville Sun

http://greenevillesun.com/story/306954

You beat me to it barb, I was about to post this. For you Giles fans, Wayne Phillips is perhaps the best sports writers in the state. He gets a vote for the AP poll for college football and is among the best sports editors in the nation. Real class act of a man and giving some love to the Pulaski area.

Great article Bud. Seems sorta funny that the large town media is having problems finding something negative about either school or town. Sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to and it did this time. :rolleyes:

• Replies 920
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't really care for the video. It put us in a light that really is not all that positive. It portrayed us a hick town that really doesn't have anything else going for us except for this one year of football. Now I know how Richland felt 22 years ago. After that run, they dropped off the map and radar. Wonder if that will happen once Bo graduates like it did 22 years ago? I sure hope not.

Well please tell me at this point in time what else Giles County has going for it besides sports? As far as being a hick town, what's wrong with that? I kinda like livin' in this liddle ole hick town it's quite quaint-where everybody knows your name!

Nice words there missy. For some people enough is never enough. Someday they will find that green grass on the other side taste just like they are eating now :rolleyes:

Or we could all show up wearing shirts that say "I am Dalton Boles' Uncle"....

I was browsing back through the posts and came across this one and had a great idea, and great fundraiser.

Next year, we should make gameday shirts for the West Greene game like major colleges do. On the shirt we can design two clashing helmets. On the greene helmet, scratch the devil head, and put Caine Train on it. On the gold helmet, scratch the WG, and put Boles Express on it.

What a marketing idea that would be. I'm officially calling next years game "The Caine Train vs. The Boles Express. :rolleyes:

I didn't really care for the video. It put us in a light that really is not all that positive. It portrayed us a hick town that really doesn't have anything else going for us except for this one year of football. Now I know how Richland felt 22 years ago. After that run, they dropped off the map and radar. Wonder if that will happen once Bo graduates like it did 22 years ago? I sure hope not.

Well please tell me at this point in time what else Giles County has going for it besides sports? As far as being a hick town, what's wrong with that? I kinda like livin' in this liddle ole hick town it's quite quaint-where everybody knows your name!

It's like Jason Aldean meets Cheer's... I like it :rolleyes:

A Greeneville luv for Giles County in today's Greeneville Sun

http://greenevillesun.com/story/306954

You beat me to it barb, I was about to post this. For you Giles fans, Wayne Phillips is perhaps the best sports writers in the state. He gets a vote for the AP poll for college football and is among the best sports editors in the nation. Real class act of a man and giving some love to the Pulaski area.

Great article Bud. Seems sorta funny that the large town media is having problems finding something negative about either school or town. Sometimes things work out the way they are supposed to and it did this time. :rolleyes:

Don't give me all the credit. Barb found it first.

There are a lot of other things going for Giles County besides just this one years football team! Martin Methodist College for one!!!! Two, we are one of the top five destinations IN THE STATE for people deer hunting!!! Turkey Shoot!!!!! Farming!!!!!! And, the school up the road has had excellent Athletic teams in the past!!!!! So, for a school in Giles County to be publicized for going to a championship game should not be nothing new!!!! Now, I'm not even going to add the city mayor.......

So is it bad for a community to back the young boys from their hometown? That is what I got out of the video. Boys that are doing something they love, and are good at it, and a community that is excited for them.

High school memories are something that are precious, and most likely members of the Greene Devils don't even realize that someday the memories of this football season will be very special to them.

They can always tell their children and grandchildren that they were on the first Greeneville team to play for a state football championship. It's something that scores of previous players, many of them exceptional athletes, have been unable to do.

Saturday is obviously the biggest football game ever played by the school because it's for a championship, but win or lose, the memories of this team will last forever.

It's not often that folks who represent the Greene County schools pull for Greeneville High in sports. But this is different.

Last Friday night, Steve Wilhoit of our sports staff was covering the basketball tournament that involved all the county schools being staged at South Greene. He said the gymnasium was basically full to the rafters. The public address announcer kept giving updates of Greeneville's semifinal football game against Whites Creek, and news of the victory by the Greene Devils brought plenty of cheers from the county fans.

Now that's something you don't see very often.

Glad to have the county supporting the Devils!!! :thumb: Kinda a first...

So is it bad for a community to back the young boys from their hometown? That is what I got out of the video. Boys that are doing something they love, and are good at it, and a community that is excited for them.

The video portrayed that this upcoming game is the best thing to ever happen to a small dinky town. We are not a small dinky town and have had an excellent program for four years now. That is my point!! :thumb:

Now I didn't get that from it at all....I got a sense of immense pride in not only the team but the town that has produced these fine young men. Pulaski is half the size of Greeneville and we're considered a dinky little town...We have award-winning academics and fine-arts, some of the finest HS sports facilities in East TN, and a fabulous performing arts center and we are still considered the area hicks by the fine folks in Metro-Knoxville (and Tri-Cities too for that matter) So celebrate your hicky-ness, have a parade for your boys down Main Street with your bubba trucks and your John-Deers....Saddle up those pleasure horses, get the Shriners out in their little cars and the beauty queens in convertibles. I hope to see our boys on a big green float in our parade on Sunday...(with all of the above)

The video portrayed that this upcoming game is the best thing to ever happen to a small dinky town. We are not a small dinky town and have had an excellent program for four years now. That is my point!! :thumb:

Now I didn't get that from it at all....I got a sense of immense pride in not only the team but the town that has produced these fine young men. Pulaski is half the size of Greeneville and we're considered a dinky little town...We have award-winning academics and fine-arts, some of the finest HS sports facilities in East TN, and a fabulous performing arts center and we are still considered the area hicks by the fine folks in Metro-Knoxville (and Tri-Cities too for that matter) So celebrate your hicky-ness, have a parade for your boys down Main Street with your bubba trucks and your John-Deers....Saddle up those pleasure horses, get the Shriners out in their little cars and the beauty queens in convertibles. I hope to see our boys on a big green float in our parade on Sunday...(with all of the above)

I MUST CHECK OUT THIS FINE ARTS CENTER!!!!! RIGHT AFTER THE KEGGER THAT WILL DEFINATELY GO DOWN AFTER THIS GAME!!! KEGGER AND FINE ARTS GO HAND IN HAND!!!

LETS GO BOBCATS!!!!

So since I'm not going to make it, and it will be on tv. It would be cool to see a couple signs in the crowd on tv that only us here on coacht would understand. Make it clever. Something fun to do after barb's party tonight. I'm going to bring some green and white finger paint so the boys can express how they feel abouth the game with art. So I guess we will have to do the manicures after arts and crafts. I'd hate to ruin their nails after a good manicure.

Great idea! so if I made one that went like

HEY BARB I'M

COMING OVER TO

PARTY

LIKEAROCKSTAR

Would you know it was me :thumb::?