It is Very Fair for West Tennessee Teams to go to Cookeville

VolunteerCoach

How about the extra cost of playing additional games in the playoff. Maybe they should just flip a coin after regular season and crown a champion.

Good Grief....just let me know when and where the Rebels are playing and I will be there. If the White Station team can't make it, I'm sure the Warriors would love to suit up one more week.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will be no big deal for MUS as they will probably just take their Leer Jets to Cookeville, but for Union City, Milan, and White Station I think the extra milage is not fair to them. The playoffs should be in the Center of the State just like the State Capitol is. Why not play these games at Vanderbilt?

When did the state capital move from Nashville to Murfreesboro, which is the center of the state.

If your going to complain that much, get your midol, grab your maxi pad and get over it. I have to travel an extra 50 miles but it will be worth it because it will be a better atmosphere.

Murfreesboro actually was the State Capital for about eight years during the early 1800's. Also MTSU's stadium is exactly one mile from the monument where the exact geographic center of the state is.

It really is not relevant as MOST will not be at the game where ever it is, but will be watching it on TV. Whether one places the TV in the exact center of the house or the east or west side of it is solely dependant on the viewer. :lol:

It will be no big deal for MUS as they will probably just take their Leer Jets to Cookeville, but for Union City, Milan, and White Station I think the extra milage is not fair to them. The playoffs should be in the Center of the State just like the State Capitol is. Why not play these games at Vanderbilt?

When did the state capital move from Nashville to Murfreesboro, which is the center of the state.

If your going to complain that much, get your midol, grab your maxi pad and get over it. I have to travel an extra 50 miles but it will be worth it because it will be a better atmosphere.

Murfreesboro actually was the State Capital for about eight years during the early 1800's. Also MTSU's stadium is exactly one mile from the monument where the exact geographic center of the state is.

It really is not relevant as MOST will not be at the game where ever it is, but will be watching it on TV. Whether one places the TV in the exact center of the house or the east or west side of it is solely dependant on the viewer. :lol:

EXCELLENT post LostOldDad. I would follow my Tornadoes anywhere without complaint. Put this game in West Tennessee; it still won't add anything to the outcome of the game.

GO REBELS!! GO TORNADOES!!

This is so typical of some people . . . . you would not be happy if you were hung with a new rope. Be grateful your team won the opportunity to travel to Cookeville. Quit whining! This is not a time to be negative, it's a time to celebrate & get behind your team that has worked hard to earn a trip to the State Championship! Good luck to all teams.

I'll tell you what's not fair - Alcoa and Maryville don't play on the same day.

I wish the TSSAA would just put the 3A and 6A games on the same day so folks in Blount County don't have to make two trips or spend the night to see them play. Plus, they are basically charging us double to watch them play.

It's just not fair. :thumb:

(disclaimer - please read this post with a sarcasm rating of 100%)

by BT Mafia » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:02 am

VolunteerCoach wrote:

What moron decided to move the Championship Games from the Center of the State? Really a disadvantage to the West Tennessee Teams by doing this.

I guess Independence was at a disadvantage when they traveled to west TN to play Arlington. On wait, Indy won that game.

---------------------------

Yeah they won. This still means nothing, as far as the distance/time traveled. It is a disadvantage, and this is a fact. I do however agree: 1) that if you make it be happy to be there, and make the most of the opportunity, and 2) if you don't want it somewhere do not attend, then they make less and might move it.

Hey mafia, congrat to you and wilco on a great season, but I can't say I'm sorry wilco got beat at home. Especially by a much more inferior WEST TN football team, from an area of inferior football. :thumb: Somethings are simply priceless. :thumb:

I wish the TSSAA would just put the 3A and 6A games on the same day so folks in Blount County don't have to make two trips or spend the night to see them play. Plus, they are basically charging us double to watch them play.

It's all about $$. The T$$AA knows what they are doing. :thumb:

It's all about $$. The T$$AA knows what they are doing. :thumb:

Yes I had heard they were also strong arming the hotels and motels for 50% as well B)B)

Now that is funny! :thumb:B)B)B)