1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

How hard is it to realized that South Pittsburg is playing Union City, not Union. Union is a college in Jackson, TN...Union City is a town with a football team playing Friday. I understand that it's South Pittsburg and not South Pittsburgh. And for goodness sake, it's in the title of the thread! It's just hard for me to take some of these comments seriously when the person posting can't even get the team names right with it in big letters above. I know this has nothing to do with who's going to win or whom is a better team, but at least get the team names right. They're the best two teams in their division, I think they deserve the respect of spelling their respective school correctly. Just a thought. :mrgreen: Anyone know of a good local place to eat at in Cookeville?...not a chain restaurant, like a mom & pop type place.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Torando watch has turned into a Tornado warning...Everyone needs to head inside Tennessee Tech Golden Eagle's stadium to be safe because there is no worries of a touchdown happening inside the stadium :mrgreen:

I just saw Paul Barys say this on the news ROY, guess he is right after all :roflol:

I'm pretty sure the "jock strap" thing kept it going....

Yep, it probably did. Even once you see Terrell play and think he is better that this other guy, I am sure most of you will not admit it. Us Pirates fan, UncleDave included, are just warning you before the game.

Well thanks for the warning. Pesonally I dont care about this silly debate. Im not sure what it has to do with this game at all. Why wouldnt we admitt who's better? Dang it man yall ARE some pompus son-a-guns.

The Torando watch has turned into a Tornado warning...Everyone needs to head inside Tennessee Tech Golden Eagle's stadium to be safe because there is no worries of a touchdown happening inside the stadium :roflolk:

I just saw Paul Barys say this on the news ROY, guess he is right after all :unsure:

I guess this is a dumb question but..........which team is the Tornadoes??

The Torando watch has turned into a Tornado warning...Everyone needs to head inside Tennessee Tech Golden Eagle's stadium to be safe because there is no worries of a touchdown happening inside the stadium :roflolk:

I just saw Paul Barys say this on the news ROY, guess he is right after all :unsure:

SP is the Pirates...Union City is the Golden Tornado...

How hard is it to realized that South Pittsburg is playing Union City, not Union. Union is a college in Jackson, TN...Union City is a town with a football team playing Friday. I understand that it's South Pittsburg and not South Pittsburgh. And for goodness sake, it's in the title of the thread! It's just hard for me to take some of these comments seriously when the person posting can't even get the team names right with it in big letters above. I know this has nothing to do with who's going to win or whom is a better team, but at least get the team names right. They're the best two teams in their division, I think they deserve the respect of spelling their respective school correctly. Just a thought. :roflolk: Anyone know of a good local place to eat at in Cookeville?...not a chain restaurant, like a mom & pop type place.

Wow you Union city folks are as bad as them Jasper folks about ya'lls name. After the spanking we put on you fryday you can just call us Daddy. :unsure:

All I have to say is there will be the two best teams on the field Fri. and Sat. in1A , 2A , 3A , 4A , 5A . 6A.............................The winners from each class will be the best, or the ones that will be top dogs until next year. And those who don't win will be 2nd best..................... now let get ready to ply some football........................good luck to all the teams that will be playing........................... :roflolk::unsure::thumb:

SP is the Pirates...Union City is the Golden Tornado...

Thanks, I am not all that familiar with the 1A teams. Best of luck to all

I kept the jabriel comparison going simply because of the jock strap comment. Poor jabriel, he doesn't get mr. Football, he will however have the chance to play football at a division one level for teams that compete for national titles every year.

Who cares about down the road...we are playing right now and right now Terrell and the rest of his senior classmates have a great chance of being 2 time state champions and our juniors could very possibily be 3 time champs....so there is alot at stake here and our boys know it and are hungry....by the way....they are giving are boys a send off parade at 2:30 tomorrow if anyone wants to go down and line the streets of SP...just thought I would pass that along