1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

I'm just trying to find out more about these teams because I heard South Pittsburgh gave 2A state team Boyd-Buchanan a good fight

From a fan of a team that beat SP. Yes SP was missing there big playmaker and we played under the worst field conditions I seen in High school football. Would SP beat Boyd with Robinson I would say no but I'm a Boyd fan and I'm sure SP will disagree. But I will tell you this, I feel more comfortable playing Trousdale than playing SP for the gold ball. I don’t know what Trousdale will bring but I do know what SP will. It’s not good for opposing teams. Yes their posters talk a lot of trash and smash mouth football but the difference in their team than most in the state is their football team, from the coaches to the water boy, can back it up. They are fast and will knock your sock off given the chance. You will deserve the gold ball if you can beat them. In my opinion there is no one better in 1A and this game will get ugly fast.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just trying to find out more about these teams because I heard South Pittsburgh gave 2A state team Boyd-Buchanan a good fight

From a fan of a team that beat SP. Yes SP was missing there big playmaker and we played under the worst field conditions I seen in High school football. Would SP beat Boyd with Robinson I would say no but I'm a Boyd fan and I'm sure SP will disagree. But I will tell you this, I feel more comfortable playing Trousdale than playing SP for the gold ball. I don’t know what Trousdale will bring but I do know what SP will. It’s not good for opposing teams. Yes their posters talk a lot of trash and smash mouth football but the difference in their team than most in the state is their football team, from the coaches to the water boy, can back it up. They are fast and will knock your sock off given the chance. You will deserve the gold ball if you can beat them. In my opinion there is no one better in 1A and this game will get ugly fast.

Thanks, buc55...I am trying to get some of these other guys to see the light...Oh well they will Friday :wacko:

Hey man I have played sports my whole life as well as grown up in South Pittsburg my whole life, I love that place...I played...football, basketball, and baseball...I am very passionate about my high school and I have the most confidence in the world in them....You talk about my post?? I speak the truth in my post...Like I said I am passionate about our boys...When I played ball I played with passion and aggression all the time and left everything on the field and I know our boys will do the same...so yea...I talk them up...You want to talk about me...then so be it....I state facts about the game...you talk about me....who is the bigger man now :wacko: Everybody has opinons...you don't like mine...tough...do not read them is all I am going to say cause I am always going to post what is on my mind :lol: I never one time talk bad about a player so all my post are good and do not hurt anyone!!!! So...I am just tellin ya to grow up an quit talking about me...and for the record I am very grown up and mature...I just can talk trash with the best of them on here...don't hate....talk about this important game that is Friday....time to get it on!

powerp it sounds as if he has no respect for anyone unless they are his age...I'm beginning to feel sorry for them and I don't want to bash them anymore. He wants the best for his son and I don't blame him for that, but he seems bitter for some reason. Bless their hearts and thanks for your contributions to the Pirates

Oh well congrats on your soon coming graduation. I was simply wondering your age because your posts are so.... well.... Lets just say they show your age. Im 44 by the way I have a son who plays on UC's team. I wont take you near as serious now sonny. By the way ... What are you gonna be when you grow up?

Hey man I have played sports my whole life as well as grown up in South Pittsburg my whole life, I love that place...I played...football, basketball, and baseball...I am very passionate about my high school and I have the most confidence in the world in them....You talk about my post?? I speak the truth in my post...Like I said I am passionate about our boys...When I played ball I played with passion and aggression all the time and left everything on the field and I know our boys will do the same...so yea...I talk them up...You want to talk about me...then so be it....I state facts about the game...you talk about me....who is the bigger man now :wacko: Everybody has opinons...you don't like mine...tough...do not read them is all I am going to say cause I am always going to post what is on my mind :lol: I never one time talk bad about a player so all my post are good and do not hurt anyone!!!! So...I am just tellin ya to grow up an quit talking about me...and for the record I am very grown up and mature...I just can talk trash with the best of them on here...don't hate....talk about this important game that is Friday....time to get it on!

Im not hating or anything . Im just making an observation my boy. Looks like I managed to rattle your cage. I also post what I think. You have many opinions about everything on here. In fact I would say that you think yours is the only opinion that has any merrit. Dont lose any sleep over this its just a fact that your youth, your confidence and the type person you are shows up in your posts. I dont think you are a bad person. I beleive you are extremly passionte and have the utmost confidence in your teams abilities. I just said you sound like a youngun to me. You should Im twice your age.

powerp it sounds as if he has no respect for anyone unless they are his age...I'm beginning to feel sorry for them and I don't want to bash them anymore. He wants the best for his son and I don't blame him for that, but he seems bitter for some reason. Bless their hearts and thanks for your contributions to the Pirates

Peg you are a young one too. You cant hide it . It just shows up. Not bitter at all my son is in the State Championshi[p Game. Im as happy as I can be. Im just saying that I wont pay anymore attention to you 2 guys. Good luck on Friday

Oh well congrats on your soon coming graduation. I was simply wondering your age because your posts are so.... well.... Lets just say they show your age. Im 44 by the way I have a son who plays on UC's team. I wont take you near as serious now sonny. By the way ... What are you gonna be when you grow up?

Im not hating or anything . Im just making an observation my boy. Looks like I managed to rattle your cage. I also post what I think. You have many opinions about everything on here. In fact I would say that you think yours is the only opinion that has any merrit. Dont lose any sleep over this its just a fact that your youth, your confidence and the type person you are shows up in your posts. I dont think you are a bad person. I beleive you are extremly passionte and have the utmost confidence in your teams abilities. I just said you sound like a youngun to me. You should Im twice your age.

That is right I am a very confident person...it does show....I have alot of insight on the games...Do I think my opinon is the only one right?? No way!! But, I do think my three touchdown score in Sp's favor is pretty accurate...everybody has opinions and this is what coacht is used for...I like reading everybodys opinons and getting stirred up every now and then...If everybody agreed all the time we would live in a very very dull world now wouldn't we B) Lets talk about the game...How many passes have yalls recievers caught this year and how many field goals has that guy made?

WOW....that is simply AMAZING. Your players can walk , chew gum and hold their helments all at the same time.

You know where they come and stand there.....you will be watching our kicker #23 warming up on his 40 to 55 yard field goals...

Oh my friend you are mistaken...they do not just stand there...They look dead ahead at their opponent and stare a hole through them...pump up time....I like the way this is sounding....you all kick field goals and we score touchdowns....If my math is right 7>3 :wacko:

Oh so they are gonna LOOK at our guys.... and then I suppose.... we get scared or something. Dude can I ask you how old you are.

Did you say "dude"?

You know where they come and stand there.....you will be watching our kicker #23 warming up on his 40 to 55 yard field goals...

Oh my friend you are mistaken...they do not just stand there...They look dead ahead at their opponent and stare a hole through them...pump up time....I like the way this is sounding....you all kick field goals and we score touchdowns....If my math is right 7>3 :wacko:

Oh so they are gonna LOOK at our guys.... and then I suppose.... we get scared or something. Dude can I ask you how old you are.

Did you say "dude"?

yep i said dude. I have teenage boys in the house

Look peg and powerp If you guys win I will be the first to come on here and tell you you were right all along. But ya gotta win first. No disrepect to either of you. Im just having some fun at your exspense for a change instead of getting my chops busted by the rest of the state.

Look peg and powerp If you guys win I will be the first to come on here and tell you you were right all along. But ya gotta win first. No disrepect to either of you. Im just having some fun at your exspense for a change instead of getting my chops busted by the rest of the state.

Yes BigSwo we are just a bunch of guys on here thumping our chest....no offense meant and I assure you none taken.

Hope ur son has a good game!! But Go Pirates!!!