1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Losing your starting QB is probably the worst thing that can happen to a team. I don't care what team it is. If the QB doesn't play it obviously hurts your team and with some teams it hurts more than others. I can't say that SP would have made up the 8 point difference and beaten Boyd if Robinson could have played but I would have like their chances a little more. That game was like 13-12 with 2 minutes left and the 2nd string QB threw an interception that was returned for a TD, so it pretty much went down to the wire. SP lost two games this season and both were to pretty good football teams. Boyd Buchanan is playing for a gold ball and Polk County lost a pretty close game to a Loudon team that played Alcoa closer than about any other team. If Union City beats SP then they are definitely a good football team and will deserve the championship. IF SP does not commit turnovers then I expect a 41-21 win for SP, but I have been wrong before. Don't crucify me if I miss on the pick it's just a guess anyway. Hope everyone has a safe travel to and from Cookeville. Congratulations to Union City for making it back to the championship game.

Pirate2003 you stole my score...guess you looked at the 1A pickem that I won by the way...sorry Pirate Mike :roflol:

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We know all about 27 Do not worry :wacko:

I'm not trying to say ya'll don't, but they do run that veer pretty good. Does SP like to throw alot.

It don't matter...they can run.... they can throw, they can speed run it around the end, they can run it up the middle, for about 6 yards, and every third time they will break it to the endzone. They will hit a receiver running down the sidelines that has left the defender so far back..you will say "how did he get that open"? I seen it now so many times against so many teams that thought they could stop it. I've heard it from so many fans on here, why UC fans should we think you are so wise? Right now you are only wishing....wish on!! It's your opinion and your opinion has no history, so it don't count.

Welcome to the club call "South Pittsbrg Pirates Next Victims That Have Hope At This Time Like All The Rest 1A Teams We Have Faced and Mercy Ruled Most" We will Win make no mistake about it. GO PIRATES!!

Here is that kids again.

This isn't going to be paper football my friend!!

Your team doesn't scare Union City one bit. Why...because....hummmmm, I don't think your undefeated are you....you do have two loses. That simply means you CAN be beat. How do you know we aren't as good as the teams that have already beat you. So, you may have just a little more to stand on if you had not lost a game this year but you have and you can be beat.

I don't know much about either of these teams because I'm a Milan guy. But for all the South Pittsburgh guys is your quarterback or running back your main guy?

We really do not have a main guy it is just everything flows through T-Rob...Terrell can beat you running or throwing...he got a cannon...Raquis has the best vision of any back I have seen in highschool....And Malcolm, Antonio, or Jijuan are all a threat to make big plays in the recieving game....We are not a one man show....I was counting it up the other day and our coaching staff has called only about 8 plays of so this whole postseason....only cause there is no need to use any of our other formations or packages

Eight ( 8 ) plays!!!! are you kidding me??

I just hope your 8 plays aren't taken away by Union City...then what will you do....if you only run 8 plays...you won't be very good on your back up plan.

Grin~~~~~~~

Here Union City watch this
look closely at our players....We are not that small....we have some boys with some meat on their bones as I like to say...This will give you a good Idea of our size...Oh an this is our pregame by the way

WOW....that is simply AMAZING. Your players can walk , chew gum and hold their helments all at the same time.

You know where they come and stand there.....you will be watching our kicker #23 warming up on his 40 to 55 yard field goals...

I don't know much about either of these teams because I'm a Milan guy. But for all the South Pittsburgh guys is your quarterback or running back your main guy?

We really do not have a main guy it is just everything flows through T-Rob...Terrell can beat you running or throwing...he got a cannon...Raquis has the best vision of any back I have seen in highschool....And Malcolm, Antonio, or Jijuan are all a threat to make big plays in the recieving game....We are not a one man show....I was counting it up the other day and our coaching staff has called only about 8 plays of so this whole postseason....only cause there is no need to use any of our other formations or packages

Eight ( 8 ) plays!!!! are you kidding me??

I just hope your 8 plays aren't taken away by Union City...then what will you do....if you only run 8 plays...you won't be very good on your back up plan.

Grin~~~~~~~

We have tons of plays in our playbooks...just never have had to use them this year.....Who knows...we might even run a little wingT on ya :wacko: Just Kidding we will stick to shotgun....Its been great for us so far and will lead us to the victory Friday...Is your Mr. Football Candidate linemens name Ric Flair?? Like the Nature Boy?? I do not know if I heard correctly...maybe its Fair but I thought someone said Flair....I can just see him making a tackle and then getting up and screaming WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :lol:

Here Union City watch this
look closely at our players....We are not that small....we have some boys with some meat on their bones as I like to say...This will give you a good Idea of our size...Oh an this is our pregame by the way

WOW....that is simply AMAZING. Your players can walk , chew gum and hold their helments all at the same time.

You know where they come and stand there.....you will be watching our kicker #23 warming up on his 40 to 55 yard field goals...

Oh my friend you are mistaken...they do not just stand there...They look dead ahead at their opponent and stare a hole through them...pump up time....I like the way this is sounding....you all kick field goals and we score touchdowns....If my math is right 7>3 :wacko:

I got a question for you Union City people....Will your kicker kick deep to our guys or will they do like everyone else and kick it towards the line and give us a 40 yard line starting spot??? Not one team has kicked it deep to us this whole playoffs

I wouldnt tell you even if I knew.

I got a question for you Union City people....Will your kicker kick deep to our guys or will they do like everyone else and kick it towards the line and give us a 40 yard line starting spot??? Not one team has kicked it deep to us this whole playoffs

I wouldnt tell you even if I knew.

Aw...come on now that aint fair..ha ha....I am sure our upbacks will get to return the ball..Sorry Malcolm and Antonio...looks like no kickoff returns for TD's....use your speed on the offensive side of the ball I guess