1A State Championship: South Pittsburg vs. Union City

powerp

Union City will win 71to 2. Jorge will kick an 80 yard field goal. Drake Parker will have 1.5 rushing yards with 6 touchdowns. Joseph Shanks will catch a 79 yard pass and fall down on the 1 yard line ruining all chances of him getting a touchdown this year.

I have learned in my many days that anything is possible but this is not probable.

• Replies 915
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how great a program South Pittsburg has. I saw them dismantle McKenzie two years ago but I also know that power football gives them trouble year in and year out. Their coach said as much in the newspaper before the McKenzie game. That seems to be what Polk Co. did to them earlier this year.

Union City has a great program too that not many 1A fans from east TN are familiar with. They were a 2A powerhouse for years beating teams like Huntingdon and Milan on a regular basis, both of which have won their share of 2A titles. Don't be fooled by all that loud noise people are making. This Union City team will be tough to beat. They are clicking on all cylinders now and it should be a heck of a game. It is gonna be cold on Friday but it may still be Tornado weather in Cookville.

Today is just Tuesday. Can't wait until 12:00 Friday!

The veer is meant for ball control....I just do not think SP's defense will let them beat it down our throats....people are forgetting we have a great defense and they will be up to the challenge come Friday....and do not think Sp's players are afraid to hit #27 in the whole straight up....#28 and 42 would for sure...and there licks would knock the young man on the ground....them two boys are mean :popcorneater:

Okay I just want people to know there is a differance between me and BigSwoJr. I dont know who he is, Apparently he likes my username. he is just some kid having fun that's all. Dont worry with him. The players he mentions are aLL FRESHMAN on the team so I figure its a freshman ball player. Either way he's harmless. But I must say that his predictions are about as unbelivable some of the ones Ive seen from some SP fans.

You folks from SP must be on crack if you think our guys are gonna lay down for you. We've been hit and we love to hit. We are a ball team that will cowboy up and fight you tooth and nail. But its okay we know who you are. We know who we are playing . We know we are in for the fight of our lives. Once again I ask.... Do you?

The veer is meant for ball control....I just do not think SP's defense will let them beat it down our throats....people are forgetting we have a great defense and they will be up to the challenge come Friday....and do not think Sp's players are afraid to hit #27 in the whole straight up....#28 and 42 would for sure...and there licks would knock the young man on the ground....them two boys are mean :popcorneater:

Powerp its not just #27 We have another back who busted 1100 yards this season That would be #28

There is also a very capable Qb who runs this offense very well. He should he is the coaches son and has grown up running the veer. Then there's #11 who can catch the corner and get upfield . He has over 700 yards this season. There would have been more but he missed some offense due to a bad ankle but thats all healed up now. Like you say about your defense my brother we have a stingy defnse too especailly against the run. Our boys are ready to rumble.

Powerp its not just #27 We have another back who busted 1100 yards this season That would be #28

There is also a very capable Qb who runs this offense very well. He should he is the coaches son and has grown up running the veer. Then there's #11 who can catch the corner and get upfield . He has over 700 yards this season. There would have been more but he missed some offense due to a bad ankle but thats all healed up now. Like you say about your defense my brother we have a stingy defnse too especailly against the run. Our boys are ready to rumble.

This sure sounds like it is going to be a good game.

Uncle Dave sees that these West TN boys think they hit hard and play good football. They probably do, but I don't think they have seen the speedsters or the hard hitting bunch that the Pirates will bring to the table come Friday at 12:00. If the Pirates play like they are capable, this one should be decided before halftime. If not, they will still win but it will be a much closer game than expected. No disrespect to UC.....I just don't think there is a 1A team that can stay with them. Heck, we played Boyd Buchanan a great game with our best player out sick. Who knows what would have happened had he played. No disrespect to TC or Boyd, but the Pirates could have competed for the 2A crown this year as well.

If South Pittsburg runs this 3-3-5 defense against UC, UC is going to have a hay day running the ball. If you blitz your backers up the middle, the UC QB is smart enough to read the option and keep the ball on his own if he needs to. If you blitz your backers and meet #27 from UC at the line of scrimmage, I can assure you he'll get 3-4 more yards after contact. UC runs the veer to perfection. It's very fun to watch and it's very impressive on the QB's part to read all of his options before the play and make the calls out there on the field on his own. The only thing I worry about on UC's behalf is stopping South Pittsburg's speed. UC doesn't really have the fastest boys in West TN however if they can keep Robinson and the RB from turning the corner on them, they should be ok. I really can't imagine Terrell Robinson being faster or shiftier than Kennon Holder (Huntingdon) or Jabriel Washington (TCA), two players that UC has faced this year. With all this being said, UC has the capability of coming home with a gold ball this year. Go get it!!!!!!

If South Pittsburg runs this 3-3-5 defense against UC, UC is going to have a hay day running the ball. If you blitz your backers up the middle, the UC QB is smart enough to read the option and keep the ball on his own if he needs to. If you blitz your backers and meet #27 from UC at the line of scrimmage, I can assure you he'll get 3-4 more yards after contact. UC runs the veer to perfection. It's very fun to watch and it's very impressive on the QB's part to read all of his options before the play and make the calls out there on the field on his own. The only thing I worry about on UC's behalf is stopping South Pittsburg's speed. UC doesn't really have the fastest boys in West TN however if they can keep Robinson and the RB from turning the corner on them, they should be ok. I really can't imagine Terrell Robinson being faster or shiftier than Kennon Holder (Huntingdon) or Jabriel Washington (TCA), two players that UC has faced this year. With all this being said, UC has the capability of coming home with a gold ball this year. Go get it!!!!!!

The difference between Jabriel Washington and Robinson can be proven by the fact Washington is going to go play SEC football and Robinson is going to UT Chattanooga...

Don't take that as a dis to Robinson but you don't get recruited to SEC schools for nothing....You also don't turn down SEC schools to go to the SoCon....(Just saying, if Robinson was actually recruited by SEC schools)....

We do not run the 3-3-5.....never have....we run a 3-5-3....cause we have speed at linebacker that is why we switched to this defense and it is very effective....I have seen film on Union...I am not a coach...but I have my ways to watch film...anyways, I know they are good...I am just telling you from what I seen they can not stop are passing attack and it will be a challenge the first couple of series for us to stop there rushing attack....The key for SP is to get them in 3rd and 6 or more that way they have to pass and play assignment football