Sullivan South Offseason Thread

WaCoJaCo

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think South has plenty of returning talent. A good coach attracts talent that otherwise is not present. Hunter Jordan gets my vote. After all...he is the one who prepped the 2005-2009 Rebels. At least the ones from CHMS.

just like i have been saying its all about the chms boys....

jordan would not make a good coach

I'll ask that age old question again, was it him or the talent he had.

If he stays, this will be his defining year. What can he do with a team without 10-12 stars that played 90 % of the time, both ways for 2 years. If he stays and I hope he does, I'll bet he wishes he had worked some of the younger ones in and developed them a little more.

If he doesn't stay and he gets that dream ETSU job someday, he owes every senior on the 08 and 09 teams a new car and a lifetime of massages.

I am sure Coach Carter wants to be at Science Hill, as he indicated when it was last open three years ago. The concern for many is to WHY?

Why would a very popular coach leave his ALMA MATER, his dream job? This has to be a red flag. Is he afraid of the talent running dry at South and wants to jump to a seemingly more talented future Science Hill team? What if the talent "runs dry at Science Hill", where would he want to go next?

Suitcase Stacy figures he has a better chance beating DB at Science Hill than at his ALMA MATER South.

Suitcase Stacy would say that he lives closer to JC and he does not need any money as he is set financially, but HE IS A SULLIVAN SOUTH BOY AND HE WANTS TO LEAVE HIS SCHOOL!!! RED FLAG........

I am sure Coach Carter wants to be at Science Hill, as he indicated when it was last open three years ago. The concern for many is to WHY?

Why would a very popular coach leave his ALMA MATER, his dream job? This has to be a red flag. Is he afraid of the talent running dry at South and wants to jump to a seemingly more talented future Science Hill team? What if the talent "runs dry at Science Hill", where would he want to go next?

Suitcase Stacy figures he has a better chance beating DB at Science Hill than at his ALMA MATER South.

Suitcase Stacy would say that he lives closer to JC and he does not need any money as he is set financially, but HE IS A SULLIVAN SOUTH BOY AND HE WANTS TO LEAVE HIS SCHOOL!!! RED FLAG........

It is called MONEY.The bigger schools have more MONEY.SC would be a good SH coach.But

no way would he make it at ETSU.The talent that he has had at South has carried him.

Same thing with Stubbs@THS,Clark@DB and SC@South,they don't prepare and get the teams

up for the competition,from one game to another.There is a big difference in getting outplayed

and out coached.

I think South has plenty of returning talent. A good coach attracts talent that otherwise is not present. Hunter Jordan gets my vote. After all...he is the one who prepped the 2005-2009 Rebels. At least the ones from CHMS.

just like i have been saying its all about the chms boys....

Don't start with the Sullivan thing. Everybody knows and is proud that that crap doesn't exist anymore. So we don't need people like you bringing it back. Common knowledge that Sullivan is at least one third of the highest ranking superstars that come through South. All I was saying is that Hunter Jordan won championships with those 5 years worth of seniors practically back to back. Sullivan had some of Souths key stars in those years but they were never a winning team. I know nothing about the coaching ability there but I do know about Hunter Jordan.

IMO this should get the moron of the week award.

I have not heard anything about the Coach leaving or staying.

SC is a good coach. And an even better man.

But if he is leaving ..

The man is smart ,hard working and has the passion needed to be successful.

IMO Coach Carter has had his most challenging season to date in his career. A season we are all aware of. He did more than coach this year and handled this season in a way that all should admire. How hard will it be to match the emotion and energy it will take to meet his and the teams expectations next year,no matter the talent? Can he elevate himself to this level next year at South?

I think the challenge he is looking for and the way to retain this passion is to take over a failing program. Restore a program to the traditional level it should be. New environment , new traditions , his program.

Not about money and not about living close to work. But how about all of the challenges a good coach may look for. Finding out if he is good enough to build something new. No matter how hard it may be to break the ties that I am sure he holds so very close.

I wish him the best of luck no matter his decision.

and btw "your chops have been busted"