9A This Week and This Year.

FlatCreekJim

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

The funny thing about the written word, it comes back to bite you. :D The district tourney mirrored the regular season. Therefore it's hard to justify any "luck" changing things at the end. So let’s see how things went.

My predictions were:

1)Forrest (11-3)

1)Moore Co (11-3)

3)Cascade (10-4)

4)Community (9-5)

5)MTCS (7-7)

6)Eagleville (6-8)

7)Huntland (2-12)

8)F.C. Boyd (0-14)

Now for the excuses. ^_^ WOW 14-0. I knew Forrest was strong but figured they'd trip at least once. A couple of close games. A 1 point victory @ Moore County and an overtime with Cascade but no one else got close! I look for them to go deep in the state tourney, if! If they play and shot like the last game against Cascade. If they shot like they did against Moore County it could end any night including the Region Semi-final against a probable matchup with MTCS.

Moore County played excellent ball all year long. With only 2 losses in district to Forrest they were a solid 2nd and they and Forrest outpaced everyone else in the 9A. Everyone has a few bad games each year. I haven't seen or heard from them about one so let's hope it doesn't come in the next 4 games or so. They could go a couiple of games deep in the state also. I look for them to be strong next year in district.

MTCS finished 9-5 in district this year. I really thought Community was the one team they would have match-up problems with but Huntland is the one that pulled off a home win against them. Cascade and Eagleville were not able to overcome them and they took care of business and finished 2 spots higher than I predicted. They'll likely play Forrest in Region Semis. They are capable but again "can" they?

Cascade finished 8-6 and surprised me as well as made me look a little foolish. The loss of a senior early in the season cost them dearly and a lot of pressure was put on 14 and 15 year olds to compete against 17-18 year olds in the toughest district in single A (IMHO). Their senior leader was given serious defensive attention whenever the ball touched her hands. Sometimes it worked out sometimes not. I think starting 1 senior, 1 sophomore and 3 freshmen is a recipe for disaster and considering this, they played as well as they could and finished probably 2 spots higher than most predicted.

Community again baffles me. Best group of seniors in the district but not able to put things together when they needed to. 2 overtime losses to Cascade and a 4 point loss to Eagleville and 2 point loss to MTCS means they could have finished a little higher but every time they took the court they were a serious threat to any team they played.

Eagleville and Huntland both finished 3-10 in district play. It was a tough season for both. As I thought it didn't help Huntland joining 9A but they have the toughest place to play on the road in district. I often officiated down there and that little gym has seen a lot of magic in it's time. Eagleville has one of the nicest places to play as well as my nomination for the "Most Supreme and Superior" Concession stand! All others pail in comparison to their mighty baked potato with BBQ! They also have some good young talent and will be around to be a vital player in 9A.

F.C. Boyd did what they could but again with such a small student body it's tough in this district. You have to give them credit though; they come out every game and give it their all.

Good luck tp all in Regions and beyond and thank you ladies of 9A for another wonderful basketball season to remember! Now we sit and watch as the final equations are worked out! :evil:

How bad was Potts hurt last night? Sure it contributed to loss or it would have been a sweep.

We don't know yet. The knee cap looked dislocated. An RN there helped calm her and we think it is back in place. She is still swollen with pain around the joint. We have it immobilized and icing it. We'll see the doctor Monday and get an Ortho consult I'm sure.

We were up by 10 late in the third when it happened. M.K. feels responsible for the loss. Her team, coach and fans have been very supportive. It's too bad it had to end this way. Cascade finished the game with 5 freshmen on the floor. McEwen played and inside & out offense concentrating on 3 pointers. They didn't have many until late. The ladies did their best but when the Lady Warriors caught fire in the fourth quarter they started pressing and the inexperience hurt us. All in all I think Cascade starting one senior, a sophomore and 3 freshmen in the best district in the state they played very well all year. I'm very proud of them and their accomplishments.

Hey Jim.......I NAILED it!!!! (Check my prediction previous page) lol..... Just teasing you a little bit! :huh: Was a great year in District 9A! Best of luck to Forrest, Moore, Cascade and MTCS as they move on to Region 5 play.....we want 4 first round victories for District 9!!!!!

Yes you did Kim, so now tell me that both Forrest and Moore County are heading for the state with the Cornersville loss! :roflol:

So very sorry to hear about MK's injury, praying that it will heal quickly and not be serious. She has been such a force for Cascade and wish her the best as she continues at Motlow next year. Cascade will certainly make noise next season even as MK will graduate and have played so well for being so young. I was surprised at the C-ville loss also. Forrest will be headed smack into MTCS on Monday and it should be a very exciting game with the winner headed to the Region championship against the Moore/McEwen winner. Good Luck to everyone..play injury free and of course......GO LADY ROCKETS!!!!!