SEQ.FOOTBALL

red_nation

Just curious how many kids are in the weight room for the 2010 season.They should have started last week i think.Haven't heard anything was just curious.How many days a week they working out.

Lord help us!!!!!!!! Not another Sequoyah post. Let me sum it up; Yes the weight room is open, no, no one is showing up and Yes, if anyone did show up I'm sure they worked really hard. NEXT!!!!!!!

You know, if it is such a bother for you to see another Seqouyah post, you could just go on past it and not even click on it. As a matter of fact I'm sure the Sequoyah fan base would rather you do that than interrupt the thread with remarks like that. But then I'm sure that these topics are much more enjoyable than the ones on your thread; "Does this purse match my eyes?" or "Do my thighs look fat in this skirt?".

GO CHIEFS!!!!

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just curious how many kids are in the weight room for the 2010 season.They should have started last week i think.Haven't heard anything was just curious.How many days a week they working out.

Lord help us!!!!!!!! Not another Sequoyah post. Let me sum it up; Yes the weight room is open, no, no one is showing up and Yes, if anyone did show up I'm sure they worked really hard. NEXT!!!!!!!

You know, if it is such a bother for you to see another Seqouyah post, you could just go on past it and not even click on it. As a matter of fact I'm sure the Sequoyah fan base would rather you do that than interrupt the thread with remarks like that. But then I'm sure that these topics are much more enjoyable than the ones on your thread; "Does this purse match my eyes?" or "Do my thighs look fat in this skirt?".

GO CHIEFS!!!!

AMEN!!!!

Hey Folks,

Dont seem like alot going on, talked to Lil Bell, he says there was about 12 or 13 players at the senior meeting. Joe Bill says he is playing this season along with D. Martin, not sure who the others are, I'm guessing Peels, Helms, Farnsworth, Wiggins and Stewart (just cant think of the others, help me out folks)? I know its early, but any idea on when spring practice will start and who we will be scrimmaging? Does anyone know if 8th graders can work out yet? On a side note, Big Bell is now working out and (is so far) still on the football team at Tusculum. Its funny to hear him talk about getting up at 5 in the morning, lol, so funny.

GO CHIEFS!!!

Hey Folks,

Dont seem like alot going on, talked to Lil Bell, he says there was about 12 or 13 players at the senior meeting. Joe Bill says he is playing this season along with D. Martin, not sure who the others are, I'm guessing Peels, Helms, Farnsworth, Wiggins and Stewart (just cant think of the others, help me out folks)? I know its early, but any idea on when spring practice will start and who we will be scrimmaging? Does anyone know if 8th graders can work out yet? On a side note, Big Bell is now working out and (is so far) still on the football team at Tusculum. Its funny to hear him talk about getting up at 5 in the morning, lol, so funny.

GO CHIEFS!!!

It is great to hear that Big Bell is playing at Tusculum. He will be a contributor before his 4 years are up. That is a result of his determination and hard work in the weight room. If we could just get these young guys to understand that we would be so much better. One of the freshmen partents said they could begin working out after the first of the year but I am not sure if that has happened yet. Helms, Dyer, Arp, Bowers, and maybe a few more are in baseball and will join the team after baseball is complete.

The rumors keep flying around at the factories that Berrong is looking to go to Sweetwater and that Satterfield is expected to resign by spring. Is there anything to these statements?

I just cant see Coach Satterfield leaving simply because of what he had to go through to get the job, he still needs a couple of wins to reach 200, he loves the game to much to just walk away. Berrong has alot of ties in Sweetwater and I could see him helping out, just not as a head coach, just my opinion. Has he ever been a head coach?

No, he hasn't ever been a head coach. A couple of teachers from Sequoyah said he did talk to sweetwater. I was told he asked for a contract like Satterfields (to where he only teaches part of the day) and that the response wasn't what he expected so he told them that either he received the contract or he was "retiring" from football all-together, even from Sequoyah.

• 3 weeks later...
Hey Folks,

GO CHIEFS!!!

It is great to hear that Big Bell is playing at Tusculum. He will be a contributor before his 4 years are up. That is a result of his determination and hard work in the weight room. If we could just get these young guys to understand that we would be so much better. One of the freshmen partents said they could begin working out after the first of the year but I am not sure if that has happened yet. Helms, Dyer, Arp, Bowers, and maybe a few more are in baseball and will join the team after baseball is complete.

i can promise you that they will be very very far behind because coming from past experiences the baseball coach doesnt exactly push the lifting very heavy in baseball except maybe for the first week or so then they just stop lifting all together .hmmm not good. the football team however is actually working very hard we have about 26-30 everyday and the upcoming freshman start tomorrow.