scott smith resigns as topper headcoach

sissygirl

Jordan is wet behind the ears! My support goes to Hilton. Got Stacy's personality and rapport with the kids. He can get it out of them. Maybe Jordan could be his assistant! The Hawg

Coach Hilton would be fine...But I believe its going to be Hunter Jordan..with Hilton as his assistant.And I don't hardly think Hunter is close to being wet behind the ears !!! The RebelRed :popcorneater:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DB would look in their own stable first. Then to prospective alumni. Teddy Gains for example.

But both of those players for instance, if they did want to get into coaching, would have a leg up on everyone because they could use contacts at the professional and college level to get into coaching. They wouldn't need to go down to the HS level if they had to.

Teddy Gaines is on the coaching staff at Brevard College I believe.

DB would look in their own stable first. Then to prospective alumni. Teddy Gains for example.

But both of those players for instance, if they did want to get into coaching, would have a leg up on everyone because they could use contacts at the professional and college level to get into coaching. They wouldn't need to go down to the HS level if they had to.

Teddy Gaines is on the coaching staff at Brevard College I believe.

A Vol who I think went down to the HS level is Tee Martin I believe, but I'm not sure if that is right either. Philip Fulmer, who really didn't have much of a professional career, went to college instead of HS, correct? I think looking for pro stars to go back to their roots is something that is more in the line of wishful thinking, unless they just want a peaceful retirement. We might see Jason Witten as an assistant or head coach one day at Elizabethton far far far into the future, but I think that he would be a case of someone who could easily get into pro or college coaching and start there if he wanted to make another career.

Interviews going on this week. Turner wants Coach Carter and has shown his hand in that direction. Rest of Committee is gun shy of Turner because Smith was Turner's baby all the way, due to young coaching relationships in Middle Tn (Cutlipp is another hire that is due to the Middle Tn connection). I can handle Carter as the Topper coach but it will be based on a vote with Turner being 1 man 1 vote along with rest of the committee. Matter of fact SHHS will do well with any of the final 5. Overall Coach Turner has done a great job at the Hill, but sometimes his statements he has given publicly to the press and privately to individuals have hurt or given false confidence to people.

Ex: One day Smith's job is beyond reproach and the next week he has teaching issues as well as other issues per Press Chronicle. Turner has bosses too and he sometimes doesn't run his opinions in front of them first.

Interviews going on this week. Turner wants Coach Carter and has shown his hand in that direction. Rest of Committee is gun shy of Turner because Smith was Turner's baby all the way, due to young coaching relationships in Middle Tn (Cutlipp is another hire that is due to the Middle Tn connection). I can handle Carter as the Topper coach but it will be based on a vote with Turner being 1 man 1 vote along with rest of the committee. Matter of fact SHHS will do well with any of the final 5. Overall Coach Turner has done a great job at the Hill, but sometimes his statements he has given publicly to the press and privately to individuals have hurt or given false confidence to people.

Ex: One day Smith's job is beyond reproach and the next week he has teaching issues as well as other issues per Press Chronicle. Turner has bosses too and he sometimes doesn't run his opinions in front of them first.

Good to know some new info.

Carter on vacation this week????? Yes

No workouts or team meetings etc?????????? Nope

Preparing for Kiffin (What an a%@hole) style riots??????? No

The kids just want to know something and get on with it. If they aint working out on their own, they're behind. Get them boys a coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Carter on vacation this week????? Yes

No workouts or team meetings etc?????????? Nope

Preparing for Kiffin (What an a%@hole) style riots??????? No

The kids just want to know something and get on with it. If they aint working out on their own, they're behind. Get them boys a coach!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I find it strange that Sullivan County, if the rumors are truem, will have to fill 3 head coaching positions. Two of them are not those great of jobs, but one is a job that hasn't had a less than 10 win season in how many years?

before everyone goes haywire you might do good to remember that weather had a lot to do with the kids not working out and stacy not being in school. I believe that they call them "snow days"....not trying to be a smart but but i do think that they missed some days early in the week due to snow and ice

True, but there is no excuse not to have workouts Wed-Fri.