Best QB?

classof2002

i believe catholics qb is tyler williamson, not williams and if he is going to play d1 football it will be at safety, best i have seen this year, needs little more speed. i saw parrott play last year not half the qb juhlin is. i think stone and juhlin are neck and neck but as far as d1 i take juhlin because of his size. but if stone played for quarles for 4 years there is no doubt he is playing big time d1 football next year. i am sure that the kid from mus is best in state.

Is that an opinion on based on stats that Parrott is not half the QB ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands down stone the best out of the four...... the only one u really could make a good arguement for is maryville's Qb and that is thanks to the great coach and system he plays in..... he is a good player to have in ur huddle though..... Williams is STRICKLY a system QB.... mid major please mavmax, he has a D3 arm...... lets see what kind of numbers williams puts up in a balanced system, that features a very good running back and cant throw 3 yard passes 95% of the time... wont be breaking any records than.... Farraguts Qb was very good last year, but that leg injury hurt him this season cause his numbers were down, and his running back also had a great season...... he is still a better qb that williams.... I feel all 4 can play at the next level.... stone an juhlin are D1 all the way, Farraguts qb could play at the D2 level I think, Williams if hes lucky D2, but prob. D3.....

Hands down stone the best out of the four...... the only one u really could make a good arguement for is maryville's Qb and that is thanks to the great coach and system he plays in..... he is a good player to have in ur huddle though..... Williams is STRICKLY a system QB.... mid major please mavmax, he has a D3 arm...... lets see what kind of numbers williams puts up in a balanced system, that features a very good running back and cant throw 3 yard passes 95% of the time... wont be breaking any records than.... Farraguts Qb was very good last year, but that leg injury hurt him this season cause his numbers were down, and his running back also had a great season...... he is still a better qb that williams.... I feel all 4 can play at the next level.... stone an juhlin are D1 all the way, Farraguts qb could play at the D2 level I think, Williams if hes lucky D2, but prob. D3.....

I would agree about Stone , I have not seen Williams or Maryville's QB play. I would say both Browning and Parrott are D2

Philip Juhlin

Tyler Williams

Darion Stone

These 3 are by far better than the other 2!!!

Hey Big Hairy Owl I think Parrott was in your region any stats or can you shed some light on his game ?

TDP, great post! I totally forgot about Scott Parrott! He lit the region up! I hop he does well at the next level...No doubt that kid is in the top 5 in the state! If the Owls would have had him they may have 2 RINGS!!!!

Williams is STRICKLY a system QB.... mid major please mavmax, he has a D3 arm...... lets see what kind of numbers williams puts up in a balanced system, that features a very good running back and cant throw 3 yard passes 95% of the time... wont be breaking any records than.... Farraguts Qb was very good last year, but that leg injury hurt him this season cause his numbers were down, and his running back also had a great season...... he is still a better qb that williams.... I feel all 4 can play at the next level.... stone an juhlin are D1 all the way, Farraguts qb could play at the D2 level I think, Williams if hes lucky D2, but prob. D3.....

I thought you'd left town, d123. Remember, we're not talking about his abilities as they stand right now. So, I stand by the comment as it assumes he grows a few inches. Also, he'll know the spread O very well by the time he graduates and his arm will be much stronger as well. At the very least he'll be a very capable D2.

Zach Tate of Columbia has the big time arm...he's not that tall though

definitely more talented than the Anderson Co qb...though the AC system

is certainly quarterback friendly cause they pass every play

A couple of points:

1. Questionable comment you make when it's quite likely you saw Tanner Williams play all of one time and in that one time he had significantly more passing yards than the Columbia QB; and

2. Questionable comment you make when you state unequivocally that your QB is definitely more talented than Tanner Williams who happened to set the ALL TIME STATE RECORD in attempts, completions and total yards for a season.

And one other point, quite revealing of you to interject yourself in the conversation when we were comparing QBs in our local area. I mean, c'mon, you know as well as I do that Peyton Manning would have a hard time outplaying Columbia's QB. :thumb:

Tate could have set a record if they let him pass every freaking down...that stat is meaningless

Columbia also has a good running game

Zach Tate of Columbia has the big time arm...he's not that tall though

definitely more talented than the Anderson Co qb...though the AC system

is certainly quarterback friendly cause they pass every play

A couple of points:

1. Questionable comment you make when it's quite likely you saw Tanner Williams play all of one time and in that one time he had significantly more passing yards than the Columbia QB; and

2. Questionable comment you make when you state unequivocally that your QB is definitely more talented than Tanner Williams who happened to set the ALL TIME STATE RECORD in attempts, completions and total yards for a season.

And one other point, quite revealing of you to interject yourself in the conversation when we were comparing QBs in our local area. I mean, c'mon, you know as well as I do that Peyton Manning would have a hard time outplaying Columbia's QB. :thumb:

Tate could have set a record if they let him pass every freaking down...that stat is meaningless

Columbia also has a good running game

That's actually three stats. Kind of like three interceptions. But like stats, interceptions are meaningless, unless they cause you to lose the game.

I would agree about Stone , I have not seen Williams or Maryville's QB play. I would say both Browning and Parrott are D2

With all the talk Clinton could not stop Williams from AC. He had 700+ yards in two games against Clinton. So wait till next year with Williams, Roberts, Mays, they will put up huge numbers again. :roll:

With all the talk Clinton could not stop Williams from AC. He had 700+ yards in two games against Clinton. So wait till next year with Williams, Roberts, Mays, they will put up huge numbers again. :thumb:

Stone is not big/tall enough to play D1. D2 probably. He's a "tweener". Williams looks like all world under Coach Gillum. He definitely has the size. Who's to say he's not D1 in a qb friendly system at the next level. He'll have another year to hone his skills. He blew Stone's stats out of the water and him only a junior. D1?...we will see. The Maryville qb is good. D1? probably not. Farraguts qb? good...not D1 either.