Best QB?

classof2002

Zach Tate of Columbia has the big time arm...he's not that tall though

definitely more talented than the Anderson Co qb...though the AC system

is certainly quarterback friendly cause they pass every play

It's pretty amazing watching a high school kid who has an NFL arm. Not saying he could ever play at that level, at 6', but I've seen plenty of 60 plus in the air passes this past season to know he has one of the best arms anywhere. When he cranks down on it, I've been told he can throw it 75 yards, during practice and so forth. Though only 6', he has extremely long fingers and wraps the ball up like a softball or something, which allows him to throw it even in the pouring down rain and cold. Hopefully we can keep the ball out of the Beach teams hands long enough to see some good throws.

Can't wait to hear which school takes him. I've heard 8 are looking close. Don't know the details.

Do

did columbia play cleveland first round ?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Philip Juhlin

Tyler Williams

Darion Stone

These 3 are by far better than the other 2!!!

Hey Big Hairy Owl I think Parrott was in your region any stats or can you shed some light on his game ?

how bout phishdad I think he might also be an owl backer can he shed some light on Parrott's game ?

It's pretty amazing watching a high school kid who has an NFL arm. Not saying he could ever play at that level, at 6', but I've seen plenty of 60 plus in the air passes this past season to know he has one of the best arms anywhere. When he cranks down on it, I've been told he can throw it 75 yards, during practice and so forth. Though only 6', he has extremely long fingers and wraps the ball up like a softball or something, which allows him to throw it even in the pouring down rain and cold. Hopefully we can keep the ball out of the Beach teams hands long enough to see some good throws.

Can't wait to hear which school takes him. I've heard 8 are looking close. Don't know the details.

Do

did columbia play cleveland first round ?

Yeah, why?

A couple of points:

1. Questionable comment you make when it's quite likely you saw Tanner Williams play all of one time and in that one time he had significantly more passing yards than the Columbia QB; and

2. Questionable comment you make when you state unequivocally that your QB is definitely more talented than Tanner Williams who happened to set the ALL TIME STATE RECORD in attempts, completions and total yards for a season.

And one other point, quite revealing of you to interject yourself in the conversation when we were comparing QBs in our local area. I mean, c'mon, you know as well as I do that Peyton Manning would have a hard time outplaying Columbia's QB. :thumb:

A couple of points:

1. Questionable comment you make when it's quite likely you saw Tanner Williams play all of one time and in that one time he had significantly more passing yards than the Columbia QB; and

2. Questionable comment you make when you state unequivocally that your QB is definitely more talented than Tanner Williams who happened to set the ALL TIME STATE RECORD in attempts, completions and total yards for a season.

And one other point, quite revealing of you to interject yourself in the conversation when we were comparing QBs in our local area. I mean, c'mon, you know as well as I do that Peyton Manning would have a hard time outplaying Columbia's QB. :D

Peyton would have not trouble outplaying Zach Tate. He just can't throw a football as far.

A couple of points:

And one other point, quite revealing of you to interject yourself in the conversation when we were comparing QBs in our local area. I mean, c'mon, you know as well as I do that Peyton Manning would have a hard time outplaying Columbia's QB. :D

Peyton would have not trouble outplaying Zach Tate. He just can't throw a football as far.

My point exactly! No one from around here would have had the temerity to include Tate in the comparison cause it's a foregone conclusion that he's the best, bar none.

I wanted to expand on an earlier debate that came up between some fans. In my view there were 4 QB's this season in the Knox. County and surrounding area that really had stand out seasons. They were Philip Juhlin (Maryville), Darion Stone (Clinton), Tanner Williams (Anderson County), and Reese Browning (Farragut). These four QB's all had incrediable seasons, but my question is where would you rank these 4 outstanding QB's? Who's the best out of the 4? If you were starting your own team, which one would you pick first and why? I thought this would be a great debate so voice your thoughts.

I seen three of them and they were all good.I like Stone if I were starting my own team and needed a player that could do it all.I like Juhlin if I had talent and just needed a QB to get it to the playmakers

Best QB in the state of Tennessee is Barry Brunetti of MUS. There can be no argument on that, he is ranked as the #1 dual threat QB in the country and has offers from almost every major D1 college. The kid from White State is pretty good as well.

I have heard about Mr. Brunettie, he is some talent, and plays on a very good team. But Stone and Brunetti were in the Nike High School QB camb this past summer together at the University of Georgia. Stone won MVP of that camp! He is being recruited by a lot of schools, but there should be a lot more. I have seen several 5'11 QB's this season have success at the major D1 level. Oregon's QB rings bell but I would say stones arm is stronger than his! If there is a stronger arm than Stone's in the state, I would really love to see it. I watched him throw a 75 yard bomb in the air this season for a TD this season! Is Brunettie still going to West Virginia?

Best QB in the state of Tennessee is Barry Brunetti of MUS. There can be no argument on that, he is ranked as the #1 dual threat QB in the country and has offers from almost every major D1 college. The kid from White State is pretty good as well.

I have heard about Mr. Brunettie, he is some talent, and plays on a very good team. But Stone and Brunetti were in the Nike High School QB camb this past summer together at the University of Georgia. Stone won MVP of that camp! He is being recruited by a lot of schools, but there should be a lot more. I have seen several 5'11 QB's this season have success at the major D1 level. Oregon's QB rings bell but I would say stones arm is stronger than his! If there is a stronger arm than Stone's in the state, I would really love to see it. I watched him throw a 75 yard bomb in the air this season for a TD! Is Brunettie still going to West Virginia?

I think Parrott from Soddy was also at the Nike camp with them both

i believe catholics qb is tyler williamson, not williams and if he is going to play d1 football it will be at safety, best i have seen this year, needs little more speed. i saw parrott play last year not half the qb juhlin is. i think stone and juhlin are neck and neck but as far as d1 i take juhlin because of his size. but if stone played for quarles for 4 years there is no doubt he is playing big time d1 football next year. i am sure that the kid from mus is best in state.