Best QB?

classof2002

Stone is not big/tall enough to play D1. D2 probably. He's a "tweener". Williams looks like all world under Coach Gillum. He definitely has the size. Who's to say he's not D1 in a qb friendly system at the next level. He'll have another year to hone his skills. He blew Stone's stats out of the water and him only a junior. D1?...we will see. The Maryville qb is good. D1? probably not. Farraguts qb? good...not D1 either.

Yes Williams had better numbers than Stone! fact. But two totally different styles of offense, and one offense featured a 600 yard back, while the other featured a 1600 yard back and the district MVP. Last season when Gilliam got to AC, if he had the choice of Williams or Stone to run his offense, who would he have choosen? I think we all know the answer to that question. The arguement that Stone does not have the height, is one that I have heard all season long. At first I could see why people would make this arguement, because he is not 6'4 or 6'5. But I am a big time College football fan, and if you really look around, there a several QB's Stone height in D1A college football having a lot of success. Stone will get a lot bigger once he hits a college football program, but his height really shouldn't be a arguement anymore. It comes down to athletic ablility and arm strengh! Stone is an elite QB when it comes to these two factors. So yes Stone is a D1 QB, so is Juhlin. When I say D1 i feel that Stone could play in the SEC, while Juhlin could star at a TN Tech, or Austin Peay,ect. Ill give Tanner the benifit of the doubt and say he is a D2 maybe smaller D1 if he improves his arm strengh. But I could really see him excelling somewhere like Tusculum!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stone is not big/tall enough to play D1. D2 probably. He's a "tweener". Williams looks like all world under Coach Gillum. He definitely has the size. Who's to say he's not D1 in a qb friendly system at the next level. He'll have another year to hone his skills. He blew Stone's stats out of the water and him only a junior. D1?...we will see. The Maryville qb is good. D1? probably not. Farraguts qb? good...not D1 either.

Yes Williams had better numbers than Stone! fact. But two totally different styles of offense, and one offense featured a 600 yard back, while the other featured a 1600 yard back and the district MVP. Last season when Gilliam got to AC, if he had the choice of Williams or Stone to run his offense, who would he have choosen? I think we all know the answer to that question. The arguement that Stone does not have the height, is one that I have heard all season long. At first I could see why people would make this arguement, because he is not 6'4 or 6'5. But I am a big time College football fan, and if you really look around, there a several QB's Stone height in D1A college football having a lot of success. Stone will get a lot bigger once he hits a college football program, but his height really shouldn't be a arguement anymore. It comes down to athletic ablility and arm strengh! Stone is an elite QB when it comes to these two factors. So yes Stone is a D1 QB, so is Juhlin. When I say D1 i feel that Stone could play in the SEC, while Juhlin could star at a TN Tech, or Austin Peay,ect. Ill give Tanner the benifit of the doubt and say he is a D2 maybe smaller D1 if he improves his arm strengh. But I could really see him excelling somewhere like Tusculum!

Unapproved Website has Stone on there but he has got no offers. No SEC team will have him as a QB your crazy.

O yea, he hasnt been on any offical visits to any SEC schools has he space???? yea he has....I could name 3 schools in the SEC that stone could play at.... Miss state, Vandy, kentucky..... mark it down.... O and tell your all-star system QB that Maryville College has showed some interest...... he will only have to pay like 40 grand a year there.... :popcorneater:

O yea, he hasnt been on any offical visits to any SEC schools has he space???? yea he has....I could name 3 schools in the SEC that stone could play at.... Miss state, Vandy, kentucky..... mark it down.... O and tell your all-star system QB that Maryville College has showed some interest...... he will only have to pay like 40 grand a year there.... :popcorneater:

Yall can fight over who is the best QB but he is really at White Station none of the QB's around here are in the same league as this kid sorry to say.

Yall can fight over who is the best QB but he is really at White Station none of the QB's around here are in the same league as this kid sorry to say.

I was thinking he'd be a fantastic QB in the Nebraska system from the Tom Osborne days.

O yea, he hasnt been on any offical visits to any SEC schools has he space???? yea he has....I could name 3 schools in the SEC that stone could play at.... Miss state, Vandy, kentucky..... mark it down.... O and tell your all-star system QB that Maryville College has showed some interest...... he will only have to pay like 40 grand a year there.... :flower:

Yea whatever you say.... watched him play against Maryville.... He is good but stone is def.... in the same league..... sorry to tell you :popcorneater: way better arm, and is faster..... would u call that the same league.... I think so

O yea, he hasnt been on any offical visits to any SEC schools has he space???? yea he has....I could name 3 schools in the SEC that stone could play at.... Miss state, Vandy, kentucky..... mark it down....

Athletically, he may be able to play for those teams at some point, but you're kidding yourself if you think he could as a quarterback. The ability to run fast and throw the long ball may allow you to be a great high school QB, but it's no big thing to see someone similar or better anytime you turn on a D1 game, much less an SEC game. And the intangibles... well, lets just say that some of the quarterbacks that have come from this area who went D1, initially at least, (Randall Cobb, Cade Thompson, Joey Matthews--yes, a bust but still D1) all led their teams to state titles. Stone, on the other hand, did not. He is a great athlete, but as a quarterback, just a dime-a-dozen at the D1 level. The only way he is playing D1 at quarterback is maybe somewhere like MTSU, and that could be a stretch. Good luck to him though! :popcorneater:

O yea, he hasnt been on any offical visits to any SEC schools has he space???? yea he has....I could name 3 schools in the SEC that stone could play at.... Miss state, Vandy, kentucky..... mark it down....

Athletically, he may be able to play for those teams at some point, but you're kidding yourself if you think he could as a quarterback. The ability to run fast and throw the long ball may allow you to be a great high school QB, but it's no big thing to see someone similar or better anytime you turn on a D1 game, much less an SEC game. And the intangibles... well, lets just say that some of the quarterbacks that have come from this area who went D1, initially at least, (Randall Cobb, Cade Thompson, Joey Matthews--yes, a bust but still D1) all led their teams to state titles. Stone, on the other hand, did not. He is a great athlete, but as a quarterback, just a dime-a-dozen at the D1 level. The only way he is playing D1 at quarterback is maybe somewhere like MTSU, and that could be a stretch. Good luck to him though! :popcorneater:

You are correct myfriend!!!!

Ur kidding me.... Stone has the best arm in tennessee, and he can run an scramble when things break down.... 2 postitives... let me keep going... accuarcy both in the pocket and on the run both very good... reading defenses and making smart throws.... both very good.... Lets see how many interceptions did stone throw the last two seasons..... um can u say 6... six pics in two full seasons including play-offs, thats crazy..... so his arm strengh and athletic ability are his two highest qualities, but believe me he has others..... I could see him playing at Miss state or Ky... Cobb did last season and so could stone.... and the thing u failed to mention is that all of those QBs didnt lose there all-star running back the 2nd to last game of the season.... believe me if that injury hadn't happened, stone would have lead his team to the state, no doubt about that..... The head coach of the team that beat us even realized that, (read the Clinton paper if you dont know what im refering too).

Ur kidding me.... Stone has the best arm in tennessee, and he can run an scramble when things break down.... 2 postitives... let me keep going... accuarcy both in the pocket and on the run both very good... reading defenses and making smart throws.... both very good.... Lets see how many interceptions did stone throw the last two seasons..... um can u say 6... six pics in two full seasons including play-offs, thats crazy..... so his arm strengh and athletic ability are his two highest qualities, but believe me he has others..... I could see him playing at Miss state or Ky... Cobb did last season and so could stone.... and the thing u failed to mention is that all of those QBs didnt lose there all-star running back the 2nd to last game of the season.... believe me if that injury hadn't happened, stone would have lead his team to the state, no doubt about that..... The head coach of the team that beat us even realized that, (read the Clinton paper if you dont know what im refering too).

yes Clinton would have won but really you still should have won. You have some good coaches but really they got outcoached that game. If we would have had stone we would have won 2 state championships this year and last year. Stone is a great kid and footballplayer. I hope he does go to a sec team but it wont be at QB I dont think.

Ur kidding me.... Stone has the best arm in tennessee, and he can run an scramble when things break down.... 2 postitives... let me keep going... accuarcy both in the pocket and on the run both very good... reading defenses and making smart throws.... both very good

I will agree about making some great throws, but reading defenses? Scrambling around for 10 seconds and launching a 70 missle may be called amazing or many other adjectives, but nothing related to reading a defense.

.... Lets see how many interceptions did stone throw the last two seasons..... um can u say 6... six pics in two full seasons including play-offs, thats crazy

That is a great stat, but you have to ask yourself how much the fact that he had a great high school tailback lined up behind him contributed to this. It is much less difficult to find open receivers when the defense is just as concerned about getting gashed by a dangerous runner. Again, great stat, but it is all relative.

..... so his arm strengh and athletic ability are his two highest qualities, but believe me he has others..... I could see him playing at Miss state or Ky... Cobb did last season and so could stone

You may be able to envision it, but it will not happen in reality. The bottom line is that no matter how you try to stack up numbers, Stone is not the quarterback that Cobb was. Keep in mind that Mr. Cobb is currently a receiver at Kentucky and not the quarterback. If Stone was even at the level of Randall Cobb, he still wouldn't be playing quarterback at Kentucky. Receiver? Maybe.

.... and the thing u failed to mention is that all of those QBs didnt lose there all-star running back the 2nd to last game of the season.... believe me if that injury hadn't happened, stone would have lead his team to the state, no doubt about that..... The head coach of the team that beat us even realized that, (read the Clinton paper if you dont know what im refering too).

That may be so. I definitely thought the running back, #2, I suppose, was the core of the team. In the case of Clinton making it to the title game, however, it would have been in larger part of #2's contribution than that of Stone, according to your logic that is. No one, however, including either coach, can honestly know what the outcome of a game would be in other circumstances. Irregardless, Clinton "out-talented" every team they played this year and still managed to fail in the end--nothing will ever change that fact. Stone was and is a great athlete, but he is not the best QB in Tennessee* and will not play quarterback at an SEC school and most likely not at a D1 school at all as a quarterback.

*-The All-State teams should be out soon. When they are, take note that you will most likely see another quarterback listed on the first team rather than Stone. In my mind, that should confirm that he is not the best quarterback in 5A/AAA, much less in all classifications. I'm sure he will be on there as an athlete though.

To correct you my friend I never said he was the best qb in tennessee... i said he has the best arm and that is the truth.... and u must have not attended many of his games this season..... only on occasion did he run around and throw it up 70 yards... he did a great job standing in the pocket this season and reading defenses...... thats why his rushing yards were down.....and yes having a stud back helps out alot..... lets see I think there will be some stud backs with him at the D1 level too..... put it this way.... if i were looking for a qb with a lot of skills and a very good athlete.... i would look at stone..... miss state and ky are going that route from what im hearing.........