Best QB?

classof2002

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess 6 interceptions in 2 full seasons, and over 1,600 yards rushing means nothing either. You two are entitled to your opinion as am I. Price was a great HS QB, I played against him so I know, but not as good as Stone. He had some better skills than Stone but overall I would take Stone. I said 10 years but I meant to say 8 years, I was referring to Justin when I made that statment. Tanner is another great QB, but put the two on the same team as Juniors, who's going to start? I think we all know the answer to that question. Stone would have put up the same numbers Tanner put up with less interceptions, way fewer sacks, and tripled his rushing yards.

I guess 6 interceptions in 2 full seasons, and over 1,600 yards rushing means nothing either. You two are entitled to your opinion as am I. Price was a great HS QB, I played against him so I know, but not as good as Stone. He had some better skills than Stone but overall I would take Stone. I said 10 years but I meant to say 8 years, I was referring to Justin when I made that statment. Tanner is another great QB, but put the two on the same team as Juniors, who's going to start? I think we all know the answer to that question. Stone would have put up the same numbers Tanner put up with less interceptions, way fewer sacks, and tripled his rushing yards.

Stone could sling it but he was a Sr wait till you see Tanner play this year!! :thumb:

I'm sure I will space. He has some talent and "SYSTEM" QB's are always fun to watch. The "o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d" as TDP would say was also very fun to watch. I'll be looking foward to it.

system QB work out great for D1 schools look at Texas Tech Fla gators under spurrier.

I'm sure I will space. He has some talent and "SYSTEM" QB's are always fun to watch. The "o-v-e-r-r-a-t-e-d" as TDP would say was also very fun to watch. I'll be looking foward to it.

I see you keep refering to the term "SYSTEM QB". Every QB is a system QB,they all play in a specific system. I think since you are a clinton fan your just mad cause the kid from Anderson threw for more yds and TD'S than the "great one".

I refer to the term "System" Qb when a QB benefits greatly from a specifc system. Tanner Williams put up great numbers yes, but also broke the record for attempts. He is not a great all around Qb. Never once did he have to get under center, make a 5 step drop and read the defense. He knew everytime who he was throwing the ball too before he broke the huddle. Middle screen here, bubble screen there, throw it deep to Wilson. Coach Gilliam runs a great system and Tanner benfits from that system. Stone did not benifit from Coach Marsh's system. Don't get me wrong it was a great, well balanced system and stone ran it well but he had to expect the fact he had the best running back around in the back field so his throwing opportunities were going to be cut. No jealousy here I promise, just know way more about football than you do.

I refer to the term "System" Qb when a QB benefits greatly from a specifc system. Tanner Williams put up great numbers yes, but also broke the record for attempts. He is not a great all around Qb. Never once did he have to get under center, make a 5 step drop and read the defense. He knew everytime who he was throwing the ball too before he broke the huddle. Middle screen here, bubble screen there, throw it deep to Wilson. Coach Gilliam runs a great system and Tanner benfits from that system. Stone did not benifit from Coach Marsh's system. Don't get me wrong it was a great, well balanced system and stone ran it well but he had to expect the fact he had the best running back around in the back field so his throwing opportunities were going to be cut. No jealousy here I promise, just know way more about football than you do.

You should be a politician ! So let's see if we can make sense out of this ? You say " stone did not benifit from Coach Marsh's SYSTEM , so do we agree that all QB'S play in a system ? If so you are an expert.

Yes I agree that all QB's play in a system, but no I don't agree that all QB's benifit from a specfic system. Gilliam's system is a very QB friendly system where the QB gets to throw it pretty much every down. He gets throw the ball quickly with very few reads to make. Marsh's system like I said was a great one, but no stone did not benifit from it like Tanner benifited from Gilliams system. Sorry but that is a fact.Since you like using NFL players a lot I'll use one myself. Alex Smith, the number one draft pick by the 49ers is a prime example of a "System" QB. Great numbers at Utah but was a complete product of a great system. He is a terrible QB in the league now because he is not in a QB friendly system.

Yes I agree that all QB's play in a system, but no I don't agree that all QB's benifit from a specfic system. Gilliam's system is a very QB friendly system where the QB gets to throw it pretty much every down. He gets throw the ball quickly with very few reads to make. Marsh's system like I said was a great one, but no stone did not benifit from it like Tanner benifited from Gilliams system. Sorry but that is a fact.Since you like using NFL players a lot I'll use one myself. Alex Smith, the number one draft pick by the 49ers is a prime example of a "System" QB. Great numbers at Utah but was a complete product of a great system. He is a terrible QB in the league now because he is not in a QB friendly system.
This year he will read the D alot more. He did great for first year in Gilliam's system as you say. Just wait till you see AC this year :cry: We have a very fast young RB (JR. Tyler) that will shock alot Mays kid will be WR and RB too. AC offence will be alot better this year than last with out #6.