Changes in the Valley?

DelTavian

Don't drop a bomb and run or anything.

Just finished one of the busiest weeks of my life. Wasn't trying to run. But you guys usually don't have any trouble keeping a thread active once the topic is started. If it makes you feel any better I got a PM from down there that only added to the speculation of more changes. They did not confirm the rumor I first heard but didn't rule something like it out. But the also added another situation that makes me think there could be changes at all three schools.

Does that clear things up? :mellow:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The change as in Vic moving to Principal and Danny wilson Taking over as head coach.. I have heard alot of that myself.. and GREAT! that should get em goin.. but its the rumor. but wait Vic he will lie lol when the rumor of Danny wilson was floating about... Vic came into my store as I asked him about it.. he looked me in the eye and lied flat out.. a few days later it was anounced.. as long as south pitt can stay out of close games with Vic coaching we will be deep again in the playoff's if it comes down to having to make the right call.... we loose.. look at the past... Im not saying Vic isnt a good coach but dang when you have players like we do it makes it alot easier.. esp when we usually go undefeated entering into varsity.. again my opinion.... congrats pirates on a great Year

High school merger? :mellow::thumb:

YES IN 2011. Marion and Whitwell . SP is left out ? They will be 3A or 4A

It was just a wild guess based on Marion losing some enrollment and dropping down into Class A and the other two seemingly being stagnant or losing enrollment. I'm not sure how old Whitwell's building is which could be part of such process eventually. Without looking it up I'd say they'd have about 1050-1100 students for all three which would put them on the edge of AA sports, 4A football playoffs.

as long as south pitt can stay out of close games with Vic coaching we will be deep again in the playoff's if it comes down to having to make the right call.... we loose.. look at the past... Im not saying Vic isnt a good coach but dang when you have players like we do it makes it alot easier.. esp when we usually go undefeated entering into varsity.. again my opinion.... congrats pirates on a great Year

BINGO...................you have just said what most everyone knows, even the fine folks from south pitt!!

They are expecting alot of growth in the area in a couple of years. Also in Sequatchie.They are trying to it a jump on it. Developers are trying to buy alot of property in the area. The developers are from the Atlanta area.

Don't know about growth but I think you are already seeing it in the Jasper Elementary school. I think they have around 700+ kids, take into account when people send some of their kids to jasper middle school from SP and you could have over 800.

The plan was for the growth to be in Chattanooga. With the water shortage in Georgia, especially in the Atlanta area. The Mayor was trying to get a bullet train from Chattanooga to Atlanta. His idea was for alot of the people in the Atlanta to move to Chattanooga.But the developers were looking at Marion and Sequatchie area.This upset the Mayor, have not hear anything about the bullet train in over a year.Plus, the Governor of Georgia started to try to get the Tennessee and Georgia state line move,so Georgia could get access to the Tennessee River. But developers are still looking at alot of land in these countries for major development.