Gordonsville 2010

croz6110

I agree with you about SC radio. I can't listen to J.W.. They rest do O.K.. T.C., S.Y., and Dr.H. should be doing the broadcast. I couldn't do it, I speak before I think...a lot. I don't care for the G-ville bunch either. Way too much screaming and yelling over little or nothing. They get on my nerves...but that's just me. We'll see if the sweatbees make any noise next season. After the TC faithful has had a couple of championships in a row.....expectations my be a little high, and there may be a slight let down. I don't know, be it will be hard to follow the last two seasons.

John Wood is absolutely the worst football commentator in the country. He might be the best person in the world, idk, but his commentating is...well...i can't even think of a word to describe it. :roflol: In my opinion G-ville has some VERY good commentators. They usually get the names and numbers right, and make it sound very exciting.

TC faithful know that TC will be a little down next yr. But a down year for us, is usually a successful season for most teams. I'm sure our Coaches will have our boys prepared, mentally and physically. And i'm sure that our boys will leave it all on the field...win,lose, or draw. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr. Medley announced after the banquet that he was coming back to help coach. So where IS he? My son hasn't seen him yet in the weightroom. Why isn't he there? Does his word mean anything? He is part of the team when they are loaded and may be able to make a championship run like when they reached the semis Coach D's last yr. Then he bows out when he knows times are lean and you might have to take some criticism from the old-timers. Then when Marshall and Co get them back up to fighting form and people are talking rings, he decides to join up again? If any of them was to return back to the field, I would rather it be Coach Dillard. I think he and Coach Marshall would make a good run. Both are hard workers and men of their word. Don't get me wrong. Medley was a good one in his day, but I question his sudden motives.

• 1 month later...
Mr. Medley announced after the banquet that he was coming back to help coach. So where IS he? My son hasn't seen him yet in the weightroom. Why isn't he there? Does his word mean anything? He is part of the team when they are loaded and may be able to make a championship run like when they reached the semis Coach D's last yr. Then he bows out when he knows times are lean and you might have to take some criticism from the old-timers. Then when Marshall and Co get them back up to fighting form and people are talking rings, he decides to join up again? If any of them was to return back to the field, I would rather it be Coach Dillard. I think he and Coach Marshall would make a good run. Both are hard workers and men of their word. Don't get me wrong. Medley was a good one in his day, but I question his sudden motives.

Medley is a man of his word, and he is there for the right reasons. You're the first person that I've heard ever question his intentions. I hear he's going to the play calling, not for sure though. And, they never made it to the semi's under Coach Dillard.

Now, with that out of the way, I hear that there won't be a spring scrimmage this year. Someone told me they couldn't get anyone scheduled. I find it hard to believe, but I'm not the one making the phone calls.

However, I'm looking forward to maybe seeing some practices, and seeing how the boys are looking.

Medley is a man of his word, and he is there for the right reasons. You're the first person that I've heard ever question his intentions. I hear he's going to the play calling, not for sure though. And, they never made it to the semi's under Coach Dillard.

Now, with that out of the way, I hear that there won't be a spring scrimmage this year. Someone told me they couldn't get anyone scheduled. I find it hard to believe, but I'm not the one making the phone calls.

However, I'm looking forward to maybe seeing some practices, and seeing how the boys are looking.

Medley's 2 or 3 year at time dates back to 1983, 84-Runner-up, 85-State Champs, 86-Lebanon High. This is just par for the course.

Gordonsville should be a force in 2010. They have a lot of faces from the 2008 & 2009 teams returning. I look for them to be a factor as far as deciding a state title is concerned this season. They could be better than they were in 2007 and that team went to the state quarterfinals before finally falling to eventual state champs South Pitt.

looking foward to hearing what progress they make in spring training

If you plan to call the offense, don't you think it is time to start working with the boys?

I may have been wrong about the last Dillard team losing in the semis, but everyone in Gville thought that team had the talent to go all the way.

I am 100% for the Tigers. Their attitudes are in the right frame. This team wants to do big things and I give the credit to the leadership of this senior class and their coaching staff .

If I understood correctly, Spring Practice will start May 3rd.

I would think that would be enough time for the baseball players to be back.

I'm looking forward to how the offense does, and I want to see how the secondary will do with only one returning starter. We lost two to graduation, and one transferred to Friendship.

I've been wainting for this since November.

If I understood correctly, Spring Practice will start May 3rd.

I would think that would be enough time for the baseball players to be back.

I'm looking forward to how the offense does, and I want to see how the secondary will do with only one returning starter. We lost two to graduation, and one transferred to Friendship.

I've been wainting for this since November.

Croz: You guys should have a good team this year. A lot of material returning. With the exception of one game, I hope you have a very successful season.

I would not expect nothing less than SP vs G'ville winner to represent in the state game...I think Gordonsville is more physical but Sp has alot of quick players..some new players from the middle school championship team...so...should be a classic when and if both teams get to slug it out. :thumb: