Moore Co 2010

bigredbird

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is my first week at Moore County and everyone has been great. My future wife and i just bought a house about 6 miles from the high school and i am getting to know my kids better everyday. I have interviewed for no other jobs and plan on staying at moore county for a long time. I can state that coach price will be coaching with us along with Jeremy austin who will be here before school to take over his role as defensive coordinator. We wanted very much for Coach Christian to stay but wish him the best at wherever he goes. he is a fine coach and an even better man. We will have one more opening down the road and hope that we can find someone experienced teaching wide receivers and defensive backs. Go raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just wanted to let everyone know that this is my first week at Moore County and everyone has been great. My future wife and i just bought a house about 6 miles from the high school and i am getting to know my kids better everyday. I have interviewed for no other jobs and plan on staying at moore county for a long time. I can state that coach price will be coaching with us along with Jeremy austin who will be here before school to take over his role as defensive coordinator. We wanted very much for Coach Christian to stay but wish him the best at wherever he goes. he is a fine coach and an even better man. We will have one more opening down the road and hope that we can find someone experienced teaching wide receivers and defensive backs. Go raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have experience coaching both wide receivers and defensive backs. I can coach any position you may need. Moore County is going to enjoy you being there and hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks, Coach for the clarification :angry:

Good Luck this year.

Go Raiders!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great to have you in the area Coach and best of luck at the helm of the Blue Raiders. I will contact you in late summer about being a guest on High School Sports Plus, a weekly hour-long show on 101.5FM. We like to include Moore Co., Cascade, Cannon Co., etc. because we know those programs don't get a lot of publicity.

Again, best of luck and look forward to meeting you soon.

I wouldn't worry to much about whether Smith stays or not. You all may want to run him off after two or three years. I hope it works out for you all, but he was way over his head at Science Hill. He said 3 yrs ago that he "had more talent than he ever had before" and went 3-7. "All I need a defense for, is to get me the ball back." And so on and so on. Coach Smith, do what you say. Lots of talk and lots of promises. "I'm here to win a state championship". We at Science Hill would have been tickled to death with a conference championship for starters.

But anyway... Good luck to Smith and Moore County.

I wouldn't worry to much about whether Smith stays or not. You all may want to run him off after two or three years. I hope it works out for you all, but he was way over his head at Science Hill. He said 3 yrs ago that he "had more talent than he ever had before" and went 3-7. "All I need a defense for, is to get me the ball back." And so on and so on. Coach Smith, do what you say. Lots of talk and lots of promises. "I'm here to win a state championship". We at Science Hill would have been tickled to death with a conference championship for starters.

Yeah, that is the consensus around here in Tiny Town U.S.A. but you never know. Always heard that defense is the key to victory but the best defense is a great offense. Moore County sure does need a little success. It has been a long dry spell around here.

Since Coach Smith is there, I hope that they do well and that he stays for a few years. As far as your quote that he said "All I need a defense for, is to get me the ball back", I think that is true for most head coaches. After all how, how many head coaches expect their defense to score a lot of points. In my opinon, the main job of a defense is (1) Keep the other team from scoring (2) Get the ball back with as good of field position as possible for their offense either by forcing the other team to punt or with turnovers. A defense doing anything else such as scoring points is just icing on the cake.