Grace Christian Rams 2010

utvolzfan

Re: Grace Christian Rams 2010

by Indian » Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:26 am

If the student needed a change of scenery and leaving Karns was necessary, fine. If a group got together to help pay his tuition, fine. But nowhere does it state a transfer student has to play football. I can't believe the coaches didn't check his tuition source given his truly tragic circumstances.

you can not expect a coach to track down someones financials and where there money comes from.

if there guardians pays there bill thats all we can do.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the student needed a change of scenery and leaving Karns was necessary, fine. If a group got together to help pay his tuition, fine. But nowhere does it state a transfer student has to play football. I can't believe the coaches didn't check his tuition source given his truly tragic circumstances.

you can not expect a coach to track down someones financials and where there money comes from.

Bottom line is this, Recruiting is defined as using undue influence to convince a student to attend your school. Would you not agree that the church (which is basically over the school) giving money to people so they can send their kid to GCA is undue influence? Recruiting is against TSSAA rules by the way. If I went to neighboring counties and gave struggling families money and a job opportunity in my community so they would send their kids to my school to play on my team that would be illegal too , but that will never happen because neither myself or anyone else here has the money or resources to do that. Public schools have nothing like a free private education to offer so we can draw kids to our school.

Again I ask you to show me your short , slow , nonathletic kids that the church has helped get into GCA? How does your teams get bigger in numbers every year yet you manage to stay out of AA? How do you have a team full of new SENIOR faces every year?

I wonder whats holding the Grace athletic director back from suggesting that the Rams compete in D-2. We want to talk about Christian behavior and sending kids to a christian school, but its funny how people's actions do otherwise. Recruiting and finding the best players that money can buy is fine and dandy as long as you are doing it against other programs that do it too. It seems to me that the Rams football program is content to take the easy way and use their actions against public schools. You want to represent the word "Christian"? Then become a football program that does things the right way.

If my understanding of what you are saying is ,that someone was giving the Grandparents to money to pay the tuition, then it seems likely that whoever was giving them the money knew it was cheating. If not ,they would have just paid the tuition themselves.

I've got a pretty good idea, Grace cheated in the Wansmaker deal ,now its the Williams kid, with all yhe unusual transfers you've had,I've got a feeling, cheating has become second nature at Grace. These public schools in you're area may be full of sinners, it don't look like all Graces garments are as white as snow.If you people have read the same bible as Ihave ,it says ,if you are guilty of the least ,you are guilty of the whole.

The truth of the matter is this, private schools have to sell themselves, anyrhing you can outdo the competition in ,makes you more appealing to the public. If you can get a top notch sports program,its going to really sell you're school. You may have to cheat to draw good atheletes, but as you start dominateing the comp, the kids will come. Grace has been going out of their way to build up their sports program ,and its easy to see when they first started, its been working pretty well ,but after the TSSAA gets this all sorted out ,it may set them back a few years. Can't say .I'd be too sad.

I heard that the minister took him in and payed his way in. When you move, don't you have to tell TSSAA that you have changed addresses??? This boy didn't tell them he changed addresses seeing that he didn't have to sit out a year..... NOW THIS IS WHAT I JUST HEARD FOR THE SAKE OF DLIIINE. :thumb:

we will see what happens. when tssaa is done you will know until then chill. to the numbers issue we have a middle school when you lose 6 and bring up 25 you do the math as far as us missing the cut for AA by 1 is true but you only half to self report if you grow more than a certian % and we will. even so we would play most of the same teams. most of the stuff you guys say is gossip meaning if you are not part of the solution its gossip and why do you feel the need to try and throw scripture in my face. what does it say about gossip? what about matthew 7 verse 5 say and when we accuse who are we most like. flatts who are you talking about?

Just so some people know....fact #1 the church and the school are separate. The church DOES NOT fund the school. The school handles all of it's own finances and the church theirs. The have two separate staffs. fact #2 there are LOTS of kids that attend that school from k-12 that are NOT athletes that the church or private party has paid tuition for. I tried to stay quiet but can't. It's not recruiting unless the SCHOOL gave the money for tuition. How does that not make sense to you? Are you that hard up that reality seems to fly over your head? Seems that way.

Just so some people know....fact #1 the church and the school are separate. The church DOES NOT fund the school. The school handles all of it's own finances and the church theirs. The have two separate staffs. fact #2 there are LOTS of kids that attend that school from k-12 that are NOT athletes that the church or private party has paid tuition for. I tried to stay quiet but can't. It's not recruiting unless the SCHOOL gave the money for tuition. How does that not make sense to you? Are you that hard up that reality seems to fly over your head? Seems that way.

Makes sense to me ,but the thing is ,I don't think its legal for the church to pay the tuitition for any kid that playing sports at the school. I don't even know if the TSSAA is investagating Grace, but with all the chatter going on ,they probably are. Generally where there's alot of smoke, there's fire.

It doesn't matter if Grace, or First , or Second Baptist church paid the tuition. I could have paid it, you could have paid it, my Uncle could pay it. The fact is ANYONE that is not a coach, or a booster can pay anyone's tuition. That didn't happen here. A church gave a helping hand of money to a family that needed it. They used that money to catch up on some things. With what was left over....and what was left over was NOT enough to pay tuition but just enough to help pay....they decided to send the ORPHANED child to Grace. The money has NOTHING to do with playing FOOTBALL or any other sport. Get over it!

It doesn't matter if Grace, or First , or Second Baptist church paid the tuition. I could have paid it, you could have paid it, my Uncle could pay it. The fact is ANYONE that is not a coach, or a booster can pay anyone's tuition. That didn't happen here. A church gave a helping hand of money to a family that needed it. They used that money to catch up on some things. With what was left over....and what was left over was NOT enough to pay tuition but just enough to help pay....they decided to send the ORPHANED child to Grace. The money has NOTHING to do with playing FOOTBALL or any other sport. Get over it!

Trust me, its not legal.

it doesn't matter what you think or not. It matters what the tssaa thinks is illegal. The athletic program cannot check every payment of tuitiion to see where it comes from. The church can give money to any one they want to just like your church can. The church can't give a love offering and say, "now don't use that so your boy can play ball now cause those people on coacht.com may not like it and will have to start posting cheater all over the web site." The church was NOT recruiting and this had NOTHING to do with the school. AGAIN, get over it.

The bottom line is Grace belongs with the other private schools. This wouldn't be an issue if the TSSAA would put you guys where you belong. Many public schools have been robbed of a state title because rich private schools were playing in the same classification. They pay coaches "much" higher salaries and they have players come in from other states "loaded" with talent. I've been around a lot of "religious" people who are wealthy and I would trust a drunk before I would them. Diliiiine, there is also scripture that says its easier for a rich man to go through the eye of a needle than for him to inherit the kingdom of God. In my opinion there shouldn't even be a Grace Christian Academy. If you are a true christian then you wouldn't think your kid was too good to attend a public school. I think all kids should go to school together. We've got enough rich people with a sense of entitlement in this society as it is.