Humboldt at Lake County

lakecountyfan007

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...I still haven't seen Humboldt play this year nor Lake County so I really don't know about this one..Both Lake Co. and Humboldt have had some less than impressive performances this year but have also looked good at times according to scores...

Here's what I do know about Humboldt at this point...Sophomore center Tevin Bryson is the leading scorer so far...He's routinely been in the mid to upper teens and hung 30 on Haywood last weekend..Dunbar hasn't been producing points-wise (yet) but is starting to get the football out of him...Same goes for Campbell when he's able to dress out (not sure what the deal is there)..Sophomore guard Antonio Brooks has been a legitimate threat from three point range thus far...His range is pretty unlimited and he's becoming better at creating his own shot instead of just being a spot up shooter...McCurry has also shot it fairly well from behind the arc..We also have several other key contributors that I just haven't become familiar with yet..

I know this team is nowhere near as good as last year's but, this team will get better as the season goes along...With 2 VERY solid players in the post in Bryson and Dunbar, an experienced point guard in Campbell, a big time shooter in Brooks, and a streaky shooter in McCurry I think we will be ok...Depth might be an issue...I'll know more once I see them play...

I'm going to try and make this one...I'll take Vikings by 2 but won't be surprised to see the Falcons take this one...Whatever the outcome, I can almost assure you this Vikings team will be much better after Christmas and heading into the postseason..

Well...I still haven't seen Humboldt play this year nor Lake County so I really don't know about this one..Both Lake Co. and Humboldt have had some less than impressive performances this year but have also looked good at times according to scores...

Here's what I do know about Humboldt at this point...Sophomore center Tevin Bryson is the leading scorer so far...He's routinely been in the mid to upper teens and hung 30 on Haywood last weekend..Dunbar hasn't been producing points-wise (yet) but is starting to get the football out of him...Same goes for Campbell when he's able to dress out (not sure what the deal is there)..Sophomore guard Antonio Brooks has been a legitimate threat from three point range thus far...His range is pretty unlimited and he's becoming better at creating his own shot instead of just being a spot up shooter...McCurry has also shot it fairly well from behind the arc..We also have several other key contributors that I just haven't become familiar with yet..

I know this team is nowhere near as good as last year's but, this team will get better as the season goes along...With 2 VERY solid players in the post in Bryson and Dunbar, an experienced point guard in Campbell, a big time shooter in Brooks, and a streaky shooter in McCurry I think we will be ok...Depth might be an issue...I'll know more once I see them play...

I believe Dunbar and Campbell will get better...Lake Co should improve during the year also..I saw a lot better handling and shooting the ball the last game against Fulton Co..So..I know they looked better than they did a couple weeks ago..I believe it's going to be a good game tonight.!

After watching the game tonight..I really hate to go here..but Lake Co has no coaching ..Lake Co had this game well in hand 38-21 at the half..I was thinking at that time..No wonder Middleton beat this team by 11 points.Lake Co came out at the start of the second half and turned the ball over about 8 straight times..And about 3 times were uncalled for..Rafael Tyler and Leron throwing the ball back an forth ,taking their time bringing the ball up court and Rafael threw the ball to Leron,who was basically just walking down the floor and wasnt quite past mid court for a back court violation..Leron was called for traveling later without even anyone guarding him..Patrick Robertson shot about 2 or 3 from the outside and I don't think he has hit the rim yet..Someone please tell the coach to make Patrick and Ricky Boyd give the ball up and not try to bring the ball down the court..They cannot handle the ball...That's part of the coaching I'm talking about..Put his butt on the bench if he wants to shoot those shots instead of going down low..The other is not telling him and Ricky to give the ball up to Rafael...Next..I have never seen a game when Lake Co missed so many layups..Well..about 5 years ago ..we played a game like this against Halls as far as missing easy shots..Anyway..Lake Co would break the press by Humboldt and have 2 on 1 about 15 times and each time Patrick Robertson,Ricky Boyd or Calius Hockett would blow a shot under the basket that a 10 year old could make..It got so bad that when Patrick finally made one toward the end of the game..the crowd gave a standing ovation..Now back to the coaching..Lake Co had a 5 point lead with about 30 seconds left..Lake Co only had 2 fouls called on them in the second half...Humboldt came down and a guy was wide open for a 3 pointer..Patrick loafed out to try to put his hand up..Gave them too good of a shot..wide open..He made the shot..Lake Co got the ball back and Humboldt fouled..Lake Co hit the free throws and again Humboldt came down and hit a shot under the basket..Anyway..Lake Co had a 2 point lead with 9 seconds left and the ball..Humboldt fouled..Leron Garret was shooting two free throws..He hit the first..so I felt pretty good..Then he made the second..Lake Co called time out..I thought..well maybe Coach Whitby called time out to tell them to foul when they take the ball out of bounds and maybe dribble a few times..kill 4 or 5 seconds..Then do the same thing again..We still had fouls to give..Anyway..Humboldt came down and shot a wide open 3..Not that it would have beat us had it went in..but why even give them a shot..I ask the assistant coach and a player after the game if Coach had told them during the timeout if they had fouls to give and both told me it was never mentioned..Humboldt should never had made the first 3 to get within 2 points if their had been any coaching..But still..missed too many easy shots..Terrible performance from both teams other than #20 for Humboldt..I believe he made 7 three pointers.. If either team had played Union City tonight..would have gotten beat by 15 points at least...Terrible performance by both teams..Dunbar didnt play tonight..could have made a difference but Lake Co just missed too many easy layups was the key to this game..Had they played ball..should have beat this Humboldt team by 15 points..After what I saw tonight..Not sure either team is as good as last year..

I try to go to all the home games and the big games that are away.I'm going to touch on some things that bigster said.but in a different way.First of all.Lake Co has no coaching.I know Coach Whitby is a legend in high school basketball but he's not the coach from 10 years ago.Shame but true.Union City should never have beaten Lake Co the year they won the State.Lake Co should have won all those games they played.Had Coach Whitby been coaching.M.J. Brown should have never beaten Lake Co at the buzzer with a 3 pointer.Tonight like bigster said.Lake Co had fouls to give.did Coach Whitby not recognize this?what about the assisants? Does the coach not see that Patrick Robertson and Ricky Boyd dont need to be bringing the ball up the court.Neither can dribble,although Ricky is better than Patrick.Does the coach not realize Patrick can't shoot from the outside.He is terrible.Put him down low and tell him he's better not shoot a 3 unless Lake Co is winning by 20 points with maybe a couple minutes left.

Next.. Patrick Robertson.Don't shoot the ball from outside.You are terrible.Take it to the basket.I could hit the rim 1 time out of 10.

Ricky Boyd.Don't shoot the ball outside.You are terrible.Take it to the basket.Your range is about 5 feet

Patrick Robertson.Don't shoot the ball from outside.You are terrible.Take it to the basket.I could hit the rim 1 time out of 10.

Ricky Boyd.Don't shoot the ball outside.You are terrible.Take it to the basket.Your range is about 5 feet

Patrick Robertson.Dont dribble the ball up the court.You cant dribble.Give it to Leron or Rafael.

Ricky Boyd.Dont try to dribble the ball up the court.You cant dribble..at least not well but are better

than Patrick.Give the ball to the guards..to Rafael or Leron

Patrick Robertson.Dont dribble the ball up the court.You cant dribble.Give it to Leron or Rafael.

Ricky Boyd.Dont try to dribble the ball up the court.You cant dribble..at least not well but are better than Patrick.Give the ball to the guards..to Rafael or Leron

The only player I saw that really hustled for Lake Co was the new player that moved from Illinois.He may have had about 10 points.

#20 from Humboldt played and shot the ball really well...Overall.both teams played very sloppy.!

Who won the game?

Bigster,

Neither team, Humboldt or Lake County will have any trouble with Union City this year.

Lake Co won 70-66..Neither team was very impressive..Or at least both teams played a half of basketball..Lake Co owned the first half while Humboldt owned the second half behind the shooting of #20..He hit seven 3 pointers I think..Anyway..I've seen Union City twice this year and yes,one was a loss to Southwind..but southwind would blow any of our teams out.Had Humboldt or Lake Co played Union City last night..I believe Union City wins by 15 points against either team..Lake Co seemed to find another ball player last night in the freshman that moved from Ill..He had some steals and a couple no look passes that you'd see on ESPN..He played more last night than any game so far this year and may just work his way into the starting lineup..I'd consider starting him over Patrick Robertson..He didnt look to be but a couple inches than Bernard Gauldin..so looks to be in the 6'2 to 6'3 range..The telling tell to how far this Lake Co team goes is going to be the report cards that come out in about 2 weeks.If Lake Co gets Cody Taylor about 6'5 and the Swift kid..about 6'3 ..they should be ok..Cody Taylor would give Lake Co a presence on the boards and the defensive that they just don't have..and I have had a couple people tell me they have seen the Swift kid just messing around in the gym and told me ,he can really jump..

After watching the game tonight..I really hate to go here..but Lake Co has no coaching ..Lake Co had this game well in hand 38-21 at the half..I was thinking at that time..No wonder Middleton beat this team by 11 points.Lake Co came out at the start of the second half and turned the ball over about 8 straight times..And about 3 times were uncalled for..Rafael Tyler and Leron throwing the ball back an forth ,taking their time bringing the ball up court and Rafael threw the ball to Leron,who was basically just walking down the floor and wasnt quite past mid court for a back court violation..Leron was called for traveling later without even anyone guarding him..Patrick Robertson shot about 2 or 3 from the outside and I don't think he has hit the rim yet..Someone please tell the coach to make Patrick and Ricky Boyd give the ball up and not try to bring the ball down the court..They cannot handle the ball...That's part of the coaching I'm talking about..Put his butt on the bench if he wants to shoot those shots instead of going down low..The other is not telling him and Ricky to give the ball up to Rafael...Next..I have never seen a game when Lake Co missed so many layups..Well..about 5 years ago ..we played a game like this against Halls as far as missing easy shots..Anyway..Lake Co would break the press by Humboldt and have 2 on 1 about 15 times and each time Patrick Robertson,Ricky Boyd or Calius Hockett would blow a shot under the basket that a 10 year old could make..It got so bad that when Patrick finally made one toward the end of the game..the crowd gave a standing ovation..Now back to the coaching..Lake Co had a 5 point lead with about 30 seconds left..Lake Co only had 2 fouls called on them in the second half...Humboldt came down and a guy was wide open for a 3 pointer..Patrick loafed out to try to put his hand up..Gave them too good of a shot..wide open..He made the shot..Lake Co got the ball back and Humboldt fouled..Lake Co hit the free throws and again Humboldt came down and hit a shot under the basket..Anyway..Lake Co had a 2 point lead with 9 seconds left and the ball..Humboldt fouled..Leron Garret was shooting two free throws..He hit the first..so I felt pretty good..Then he made the second..Lake Co called time out..I thought..well maybe Coach Whitby called time out to tell them to foul when they take the ball out of bounds and maybe dribble a few times..kill 4 or 5 seconds..Then do the same thing again..We still had fouls to give..Anyway..Humboldt came down and shot a wide open 3..Not that it would have beat us had it went in..but why even give them a shot..I ask the assistant coach and a player after the game if Coach had told them during the timeout if they had fouls to give and both told me it was never mentioned..Humboldt should never had made the first 3 to get within 2 points if their had been any coaching..But still..missed too many easy shots..Terrible performance from both teams other than #20 for Humboldt..I believe he made 7 three pointers.. If either team had played Union City tonight..would have gotten beat by 15 points at least...Terrible performance by both teams..Dunbar didnt play tonight..could have made a difference but Lake Co just missed too many easy layups was the key to this game..Had they played ball..should have beat this Humboldt team by 15 points..After what I saw tonight..Not sure either team is as good as last year..

It's funny how your team wins and you come up with all these excuses(missed lay-up, bad passes, bad coaching) as to why Lake County should have won the game by (15) fifteen points. I think Humboldt played as bad as Lake County and without one of there starters(Dunbar) playing who would have made a difference due to all the attention T. Bryson was getting. Mr. Boykin didn't coach a good game either because if you are pressing a team and it isn't working and you are giving up easy basket then why stay in it!! Humboldt probably missed as many lay-ups as Lake county so don't say they should have won by (15) fifteen and they were at home. I see this game being very different the next time if Humboldt has all there players because Dunbar at 6'5 makes a difference in a game whether rebounding, blocking shots and scoring. I think if Humboldt doesn't press and play good half court defense then Lake County is not a good outside shooting team but it still would be a close game but neither team would win by (15) fifteen. Congrats to Lake county on the win!!!!!

It's funny how your team wins and you come up with all these excuses(missed lay-up, bad passes, bad coaching) as to why Lake County should have won the game by (15) fifteen points. I think Humboldt played as bad as Lake County and without one of there starters(Dunbar) playing who would have made a difference due to all the attention T. Bryson was getting. Mr. Boykin didn't coach a good game either because if you are pressing a team and it isn't working and you are giving up easy basket then why stay in it!! Humboldt probably missed as many lay-ups as Lake county so don't say they should have won by (15) fifteen and they were at home. I see this game being very different the next time if Humboldt has all there players because Dunbar at 6'5 makes a difference in a game whether rebounding, blocking shots and scoring. I think if Humboldt doesn't press and play good half court defense then Lake County is not a good outside shooting team but it still would be a close game but neither team would win by (15) fifteen. Congrats to Lake county on the win!!!!!

Humboldt didnt miss as many gimmes..Maybe some shots..but not the layups Patrick Robertson missed..I didnt make excuses..I said Dunbar wasnt there..Who knows what may have happened..If he's there..maybe #20 doesnt get the ball..As far as the atention that Bryson was getting..Lake Co had a guy on him for awhile,Gauldin ,that had never played ball..I didnt see too much out of him..As a matter of fact..didnt see much from any player ,other than Humboldt's #20 and that's including our team..I said Lake Co played better the first half and Humboldt the second half..I also said Patrick Robertson shouldnt be bringing the ball up the court..You would say the same thing if Bryson tried to bring the ball up the floor..bur t I didnt see that..But I wouldnt go as far as you in saying it'll be different next time at Humboldt..Lake Co needs to play a zone..I didnt see anybody on Humboldt's team that could shoot any better than our players..All I saw was number 20..Lake Co plays a zone and I dont believe Humboldt could do much..Also ..Lake Co had a 12 point lead and Rafael Tyler held the ball and was wanting to force Humboldt out of their zone..Whitby tolsd him to pass the ball..I believe Lake Co is quicker..and also about the next time we play..you may not like what you see the next time both teams play..If Cody Taylor plays..Patrick could guard Dunbar and Cody Taylor will eat Bryson up..!Right now..neither team is as good as teams in the past few years..Maybe they'll get better after Christmas once the football players get a little more time..But right now..I'll say Union city has the best team of the three of us..at this time..!

I have no dog in this fight and no children but i do have granchildren in school. They are young right now in grammar school. We all me as well get on on these threads and talk to much trash and just totally bad mouth the kids that try to back up all the crap we talk! If things don't go as we suppose to think they should we get all stupid about the out come! We all must stop and think it is alot easier than it looks! I never played basketball but i did football years ago back in the old 3 conference days! It's nothing to the game while we are sitting in the stands and barking out at the players on the field or the court! I know most of the posters on here have played one of the two sports! We all should know that is alot harder than it looks! I have been as bad as anyone at times we all have but we all must kept in mind! That the kids have hear this and have to back up all the mush we talk! There is nothing wrong with having a little fun and trash talking thats part of it! We all are ready to fire the coach it all just don't go down like we like! We all love to win and nobody wants to lose! But we all know thats part of the game and heck if our team won all the time it would be no fun! We all must stop and think this teenage kids play their hearts out and we all need to remember that! I have said i have been as bad as anyone at time it is only a game we must not forget that! :roflolk: