New Franklin Co HS FB Coach

RebelHeart

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mac will not come back to this area.

He gets mentioned EVERY time something around this area comes open.

Heck, I thought Mike Shanahan and Herm Edwards and Mike Ditka might take a peek too

Brewer has Head Coach experience and would do a great job.

Looks like they will drag this into the new year.

Maybe they'll make hire quicker than they did the basketball positions. Maybe BEFORE spring practice.

Mac will not come back to this area.

He gets mentioned EVERY time something around this area comes open.

Heck, I thought Mike Shanahan and Herm Edwards and Mike Ditka might take a peek too

Brewer has Head Coach experience and would do a great job.

Looks like they will drag this into the new year.

Maybe they'll make hire quicker than they did the basketball positions. Maybe BEFORE spring practice.

:D:D

I don't think anyone knows for sure because Mantooth ain't talking about it in public but a lot of locals think all the interviews are just one big dog and pony show. The new head coach is going to be someone on staff or local. Brewer, Carr and Winston's names come up in discussions with Reed in the mix.

Mantooth always keeps things private. That is his personality. If it was his decision and his alone, he would hire the best coach available. It would not matter whether it was someone already on staff or from out of the area. t is my understanding that Mrs. Spaulding has the biggest input in the hire. With the money cuts and the new super being on board, I would be surpised if the new coach was not hired from the current Staff.

Here is a question for the FC faithful; just my curiosity. Why in heavens name did someone in that county think that Mantooth needed to be replaced. You folks had one of the hardest working and best people on this planet. Ya'll have now gone through (2) coaches and are looking again!! You will never have a better coach than Mantooth.

Who exactly was the idiot that caused him to leave??

I agree Mantooth very smart football coach! Some of the guys on your list that are head coaches applying for the job will not and want work hard. They like to run the roads and play all the time. FC folks better find a serious coach with a mission because you don't need another 1 or 2 years and done. The kids deserve better.

I agree Mantooth very smart football coach! Some of the guys on your list that are head coaches applying for the job will not and want work hard. They like to run the roads and play all the time. FC folks better find a serious coach with a mission because you don't need another 1 or 2 years and done. The kids deserve better.

Excellent coach..............best ya'll could have ever wanted. No answer to my question!! Who was the moron that caused him to let the job go. Sometimes you do not realize what you had until it is gone!!

Someone knows..............who was it?

Greg Mantooth was the best head coach in school history. The team is 38-70 for the decade.

Atkins was 7-15 with two playoff appearances.

Britton was 5-15 with no post season play.

Mantooth was 26-30 with 4 first round losses and 1 second round loss to Riverdale.

Brown 0-10

The idiots on the radio and local politics drove Mantooth out. They took the passion of the game away from a local hometown hero who coached college ball for 16 years and played at Alabama. You can't say that Atkins, Britton, and Mantooth didn't work hard. All three men put in the hours IMO. Whoever accepts this position had better have thick skin and ignore the radio and local paper. :lol:

Greg Mantooth was the best head coach in school history. The team is 38-70 for the decade.

Mantooth was 26-30 with 4 first round losses and 1 second round loss to Riverdale.

Brown 0-10

The idiots on the radio and local politics drove Mantooth out. They took the passion of the game away from a local hometown hero who coached college ball for 16 years and played at Alabama. You can't say that Atkins, Britton, and Mantooth didn't work hard. All three men put in the hours IMO. Whoever accepts this position had better have thick skin and ignore the radio and local paper. :lol:

You forgot a couple of things.

Be ready to work for peanuts, have eyes in the back of your head to see the knives coming, and be ready for NO support from the school board and Super!

Also if you are promised 'ANYTHING' get it in WRITING and have multiple copies in safe places and a VERY good Lawyer on retainer.

Brown 0-10

You forgot a couple of things.

Be ready to work for peanuts, have eyes in the back of your head to see the knives coming, and be ready for NO support from the school board and Super!

Also if you are promised 'ANYTHING' get it in WRITING and have multiple copies in safe places and a VERY good Lawyer on retainer.

WOW that strong!!!