Top AAA teams in the state??

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i know overton lost to whitestation and whitestation lost to arlington..... probably was a bad game for both teams??? Anyhow Millington plays Whitestation tomorrow night. Shoulb be good.

Well this is my 1st post on here. ive been browsing for years but i dont really like to get all caught up in the drama on here, esp with the west part of the state always vs the rest of the state drama lol.

The Lady Trojans of Millington are on the best of the state, there is not doubt about that, just look at what they have accomplished over the last 3 years. Including this years 9-1 record they are 108-13 in the last 3 years with a state runner up squad and 2 sub state finals. I totally believe they are better this year than last. Coach Gat is one the best hs coaches ive ever seen. He had these girls playing smart, patient basketball, with in your face defense. Im not writing off everyother team in the state bc i follow all the teams and i know there is some stiff competition this year.

Good teams will loose a game or two, stellar teams learn from those losses and grow and that is exactly what this team is about. They are very smart players, im impressed. They did play like crap vs Little Rock Parkview, but i guarantee you that if we played them again, Millington would win. I admire Coach Gat with the schedule we play bc most of the local teams we play in the reg season outside the district are teams we might face in the substate game and the way i see it id rather us loose a game to one these teams (Melrose, White Station, Southwind, ect) bc like i said if one one of these teams were to beat the Lady Trojans and we see them again you best bet they will be ready with a game plan.

Congrats the Coach Gat for bringing the Basketball program back to what it was when i went there when McMillan was the coach. Good luck tomorrow vs White Station. Should be a good one!! DEFENSE LADY TROJANS!!! DEFENSE!!!

The bst I can say is the teams listed right now are all teams in contention and Millington was on my list as one of the group in AAA. Westis tough as it is every year.

Another couple of week we will look at this again as some schools are not posting theeir records and scores. Keep your head up and look on the fan pole on page 1 on this post and vote your choice there.

1. Morristown West

2. Lavergne

3. Clarksville

4. Memphis Overton

5. Riverdale

6. Memphis Central

7. Mt. Juliet

8. Blackman

9. Lawrence Co.

10. Cleveland

This is the list corrected as I think it should be LOL.

1. Morristown West> I think the class of AAA right now, see if they can do it when it counts in in late Feb. and march

2. Lavergne>So many talented players if they play to their ability they can be unbeatable

3. Cleveland>Some impressive wins early and the tradition is why they are here

4. Memphis Central>Still freaky athletic and talented...but wonder when push comes to shove and another talented team shows them a good zone what happens

5. Clarksville>Very good team, and like many of the teams listed here could easily be #1 but I think the youth of this team is why I have them 5 right now

6. Millington Central>I am sure many out west believe they should be higher but not sure we have seen enough yet. Again like many others on this list, easily could be #1.

7. Blackman>Last year's cinderella is playing with the confidence of a team that knows they belong now.

8. Lawrence Co.> Luffman is the crown jewel of a very solid team.

9. Mt. Juliet/Riverdale>The winner of tonight's game is 9th and the other is 11th in my opinion. So many good teams on this list.

10. Jackson North Side>Giving props to a team that I believe is below the radar and will continue to be most of the year. Keep an eye on them!

Oak Ridge is just outside of this top 10

If Memphis Overton does not know how to post their scores or if games are missing, post the results on this thread and I will get your site straightened out. If not, we don't know what you are doing except one news article on the front page. "To walk with the big dogs, you have to act like the big dogs".

To nites matchups surprises. Walker Valley squeeks by Cleveland. Lawrence beats LewisAA Morristown West continues to win but schedule is mostly AA. Memphis Overton needs to get record straightened out.

Not really a surprise there, Cleveland still playing without their best player and it still took a game winning 3 to beat us, can't wait to get back to full strength. Congrats WV, pretty good team.

Millington(10-1) toppped White Station(7-3) last nite 64-54 in OT. White Station always plays us tough but our defense won the game as always. I love the way they play defense. WS tried to hold the ball up 52-49 in regulation but the quick hands of Jasmine Newsome didnt let that last as she stole the ball and drew a foul and we forced another turnover to tie the game and took over in OT.........way to go ladies!!!!

Southwind should be another great challenge on Friday, they are better than anyone thinks.

To nites matchups surprises. Walker Valley squeeks by Cleveland. Lawrence beats LewisAA Morristown West continues to win but schedule is mostly AA. Memphis Overton needs to get record straightened out.

mo. west is the real deal! they destroyed everyone they have played this year and this summer. shelbyville, cookville, beech, hillsboro, clarkrange, upperman, briarcrest, livingston, smrna, south greene, elizabethton, and hillsboro to just name a few. and from my reports their wins are monster blowouts. they beat hillsboro by 30. so to say their wins this year is mostly to aa schools is a major misconception. you better do a little better research cause this team is for real and they could beat any team in any classification! most complete team i have seen in years.

Tue Nov. 17 at Campbell Co. 3-5 aaa Hall of Fame Game W 69-37

Tue Nov. 24 Grainger 7-4 aaa N Land-Air Classic 5:30 at Greeneville W 76-36

Fri Nov. 27 #12 Elizabethton 9-2 aaa N LandAir Classic Semi-Final at Greeneville W 77-47

Sat Nov. 28 #22 Unicoi Co. 7-3 aa N LandAir Classic Championship at Greeneville W 70-46

Tue Dec. 1 South Doyle D 0-12 AAA W 81-28

Mon Dec. 7 #13 South Greene 7-4

aaa W 73-52

Tue Dec. 8 Cherokee 2-8 AAA D W 75-43

Fri Dec. 11 at Morristown East 6-4 AAA D W 84-43

Mon Dec. 14 Claiborne 6-4 W 84-43

Tue Dec. 15 at Seymour 7-4 AAA D W 59-26

Only found South Greene and Elizabethton on your list. how far back does that go? this is the only school year that it covers. Those two only have good records but must be playing good.

Fri Nov. 27 #12 Elizabethton 9-2 aaa N LandAir Classic Semi-Final at Greeneville W 77-47

Sat Nov. 28 #22 Unicoi Co. 7-3 aa N LandAir Classic Championship at Greeneville W 70-46

aaa W 73-52

Only found South Greene and Elizabethton on your list. how far back does that go? this is the only school year that it covers. Those two only have good records but must be playing good.

summer camps and fall play days. believe they even beat oak ridge by at least 20 points in a play day game in early november

aaa W 73-52

summer camps and fall play days. believe they even beat oak ridge by at least 20 points in a play day game in early november

Those are good points and while its thought this first go round covered schools who were eligible to be considered as top AAA teams, schedule has a much to do with that as anything. I do concede that as much, players making up the team should be considered also. Reclassification, in general, gave schools the opportunity to play the best in their area. Where is Dobyns Bennett, Tennessee, Cleveland, Farragutt, Oak Ridge, Walker Valley on your regular season schedule? I, for one, expect to see you in the State. I said see you, winning it has to be done on the court.