Top AAA teams in the state??

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not quite sure where PHargis got his information on Jax North Side being short on tournament experience. They have been to the state tournament during the last 8 years, 5 times. They were state runner up in 2007. Experience is not an issue.

:thumb: He prob doesn't realize you guys moved up from AA this year and you guys were def a force to be dealt with. That's the problem on here no one knows crap about west TN teams bc they choose not too. I bet some of us know more about east TN teams than the east TN people know about our teams LOL. Good Luck NS! I hope to see you in the Region 7-3A Championship vs Millington!!!!

I would have to admit not knowing northside was AA and of course that was the reason.

But even at that, must have not made that much noise even if they were in AA. Its also a good perception about not knowing much about West Tennessee as until about 3-4 years ago it was almost like a dark hole except for A Basketball around Gleason. The last 3-4 years with much prodding from some of us on this site, have communications gotten much better and from the Tennessee River West has Girls Basketball become more of a powerhouse except for A. There are those of us who have tried to make T more of a State Wide site although there has been some resistance and an old school thought that each end of the State would do their own thing and refuse to venture within the State to discover how good they are. Some had rather go to Arizona, Ohio, etc rather than accept the fact that many outside of the State recognizes Tennessee's value nationally overall in not only in this sport but other sports also. Some of this has to do with the geographic length of the State and some have to do with some news organizations, especially in upper East Tennessee, not making it easy with fans all over the state to keep up with a geographic part of the State. Technology is changing and making this a smaller footprint of a state than it used to be. and with it this site along with the technology of others will jackhammer thru the bastions of Memphis, upper East Tennessee and others to help them Discover the greatness of others in the state and just because some schools think they are good within their 250 mile area, there is another world in this state that has other Divisions, other great schools Despite an effort to re Devisionalize the State at every drop of the pin. Some will complain of the concept and want to do that for selfish reasons but the facts are with technology the State is getting a smaller footprint and irregardless the attempts of isolation, ultimately the fans will and are recoginizing of the need to realize this State ultimately has 8 regions with State Tournaments in a lot of sports and the Fans have a need to watch and have a better understanding of whats happening thruout the State. The ability to do that remains to be with the fans and the ability to discuss it and CoachT is a vehicle that had the insight to realize it a few years back. Is there a black spot in history that needs to be filled in, YES,YES YES. Will there still be some who will want to isolate themselves for many reasons? yes. But information will seek its way thru and only fans will require it.

Sorry for the soapbox issue but one of your options, State Wide, with communications is here and i would say today, compared with 5 years ago more is known about what is going on thruout the state sports wide because of CoachT, Jim Thompson and you as fans who keep demanding information, information, information and I for one enjoy seeing it and being aware of it.

Thanks Phargis for your dissertation. But I guess you cannot read for comprehension. As was stated in the previous post, Jackson North Side has been to the State Tournament in both AA and AAA 5 out of the last 8 years. They were State Runner up in 2007 against Memphis Hillcrest. So the no experience in the State is bogus. They have been AAA and then moved back to AA and now again are AAA.

Cleveland is finally heathly again. WV is just a really bad matchup for us, they are a lot quicker and a tad bit better. Seem like we just can't guard them and I think we are great on defense they just cause us problems. We need to run zone against them, even though they have great shooters. We'll be ok come district and region, I hope.

• 2 weeks later...

Except maybe for AA and that may not be for sure, I cannot see sure picks anywhere. I can see a group of schools that will be in region but this winds up being the best group of schools in the State with some of the most high profile talent. Yes, all that are mentioned will probably be there or be in the running to be there but too much detail has been provided from fans to believe anything else. I agree with some of those who have mentioned that this will be also a Coaches Tournament because there are some coaches this year who may have done some of their best work in leading their schools. Its hoped since the level is so high that recognition be given publicly to this effort. This year has been a HIGH NOTE with information I have read and if fans did not post scores during the year, many of you have just taken the bull by the horns and posted current standings on a thread so all can see. That didn't help the standings thread but the results are there even if there was a lot of calling and emailing going on to find the accurate results, the results are there. And Coach T did bring 314 out again to keep the tournament scores up to date.

I know the system did not work as it should have and suspect that all of the work that Coacht puts in to this sometime got discouraging as this is an information site that fans control and Coacht provides the vehicle and the superstructure. It would be hard to imagine without the fan information. Fans, as has been said, the job is not done unless unless you finish. The next few weeks is finishing time.