Enjoy your new friends

panfan

I have a question for all you crying split support folks: What do you think is going to happen to 1A if all the private schools are taken out?

Well, let's see, you'll lose around 20 private football playing schools I can think of. Then, those schools have to be replaced. So, the smaller AA schools are now A schools. So you have a larger enrollement difference than you had before between the smallest A and largest A. So, is that your fair playing field? Second, I want all you young, tuff, split wanting guys to meet Cling Satterfield. He'll whip you all over the field on friday nights. Trousdale is at the bottom of AA (enrollment wise) and would almost certainly be in A after all the privates have to be replaced. Then, without any private schools to make political statments over, Clint can drop to A and continue to beat you guys every friday from now till you figure out that you lose a lot b/c you can't coach and not b/c privates have a "unfair" advantage.

Oh yea, meet Tyner Academy, they'll be thumping you to. Of course, they are a magnet school, and by your stupid reasoning, they should be in with privates. But, split supporters are hypocrites, so we know that magnet schools will stay in DI.

Meet Alcoa High school. they'll romp in 1A also.

You see. If you take 20 + schools out of 1A, you have to adjust the numbers to ballance the divisions. You split lovers have fun with the new guys. I am sure you'll cry yourselves a river of pity until you all get a nice trophy in the end even though you're under 500 and couldn't beat my little sisters sorority flag football team.

Here are the figures. Notice the bottom of AA and meet your new rivals.

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/schoolstable.htm

[Edited by panfan on 9-21-02 1:30A]

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At least we will all know the truth.When a trousdale or a alcoa beats us we will all know that we got beat by a team with twice the enrollment and thus twice the amount of atheletes .We won't have to hear about how great your caoches are and how you have out worked us so much.The truth of the matter is that the good private schools are beating us with more talented and more atheletic kids with the same amount of enrollment.Coaching is not near as hard when you have twice the amount of atheletes.It would be a real rarity for just one public school to be able to match at least the best three privates schools athelete for athelete.

RARE for a public school to match athlete for athlete??? Trousdale and/or Collinwood mean anything to you Puj? What about Bructon? Rare for public schools to match? You must not watch 1A ball much! Get a clue.

I guess you're saying that getting beat by better athletes is not as good an excuse as getting beat by a school with 2x the number of kids you have. Sounds like you know you're going to lose and just want a good excuse. No wonder you don't win much

You people know about as much about the small 1a schools as I know about space ships, absolutely nothing. We have played 5 schools this year, two 4a schools with 1200 plus students one 2a school and two 1a schools and both of them have a bigger enrollment than we do (Cloudland 215) students). We are averaging 46 points a game and have let up in every game except one. Our record for the last 35 games in the regular season is 34-1 which we lost to Cherokee a 4a team last year. To tell us we're not doing things right in our small neighborhood is ridiculous. Talk to any of the schools that know about us in this area or their coaches, and they'll tell us we definitely bring out the most in our players. We're not going to make any excuses saying that we're going to lose, because we don't every expect to lose. That's just not something we expect to do. All we want is a level playing field and that's not too much to ask. If you where in our situation, like most of the small 1a public schools, you'd want the same consideration as most of us do. We don't even think it's a shame to lose as long as we have played our best game. What's a shame is the cover up you privates put on and act like we just don't try hard enough. We're apt to kick somebodies rear all over the field this year, and I would love for it to be a private. The privates still have several unfair advantages but you'll wouldn't know or admit the truth if it knocked your teeth out. If the four or five private schools who are loading up with talent every year would move up on there own we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. The little private schools who don't do load up are the ones who are going to suffer, because these four or five schools are to scared to play teams with their capability and resources. We're in our league, get in yours!! :D

Just asking a few questions, so everyone stay calm.

1. Can the public schools vote the non financial aid giving schools into D2?

2. Would this create another legenthy legal battle for the tax payers of Tennessee?

3. Could the TSSAA afford to pay Carlton Flatt/Brentwood Academy and then pay for another big court war?

4. If the non financial aid giving schools were forced into D2 would they join together in a legal battle against the TSSAA and the public schools?

Just asking!!!!!!!!!!!

Puj,

Calm down puji, if you guys are so good, why are you so scared of private schools? Also, if you are seeking a level playing field, why are you playing so many big schools? Is that a level playing field? If you read between the lines in your own post puj, you'll see that the only reason you want private schools out is b/c they are private. you have something against them.

And, mr eager to forget, I have always claimed that there were plenty of public schools who work hard enough to win and have GREAT coaches. Those teams win (collinwood, Bructon, south pitt, trousdale) on a regular basis. I have gone further to prove beyond any doubt that good public schools can compete vERY well with good private ones in 1A.

The point is: you have a jelousy problem, or a resentment problem or something.

Bottome line: if you wanted a fair playing field, you would be upset at the idea that there would be much bigger schools playing you. That is not an even field. instead, you choose to harp on simply not liking privates.

come on puj, fess up like ELA did. You simply don't want to play private schools. You have no real argument for it. You just don't want to play private schools.

COLE:

Here is my take on your Q's (and this is my OPINION!! -- not fact)

1) Yes they can. if there were a body of water around and some tea, you'd have private schools dumping the tea everywhere. ultimatly, private schools have NO SAY in their fate. Publics know they have nothing to stand on, so they take out any power to privates.

2) NOt a likely court battle. what is more likely is a split from TSSAA in which privates form their own governing body. This would be very bad.

3) NO, TSSAA can not afford another lawsuit. The schools who are going to have to pay off the debt and the now increased premiums on insurance are going to go nuts. A lawsuit from DI privates would be a good idea, but I don't see it happening

4) I don't see any DI privates jumping into court. I see them telling Ronnie and his inability to inflict logic into this sitution to shove it and form their own league.

Posted by panfan:

COLE:

Here is my take on your Q's (and this is my OPINION!! -- not fact)

1) Yes they can. if there were a body of water around and some tea, you'd have private schools dumping the tea everywhere. ultimatly, private schools have NO SAY in their fate. Publics know they have nothing to stand on, so they take out any power to privates.

2) NOt a likely court battle. what is more likely is a split from TSSAA in which privates form their own governing body. This would be very bad.

3) NO, TSSAA can not afford another lawsuit. The schools who are going to have to pay off the debt and the now increased premiums on insurance are going to go nuts. A lawsuit from DI privates would be a good idea, but I don't see it happening

4) I don't see any DI privates jumping into court. I see them telling Ronnie and his inability to inflict logic into this sitution to shove it and form their own league.

I think that by and large that is right...just a couple of differing opinions.

1) That's exectly right. Ther is no representation of privates on any TSSAA governing body, so they can do anything they want to, as long as it is legal and constitutional.

2) I really don't think the privates will break off from the rest of the schools, barring something really drastic. I think they still want to compete in Tennessee.

3) The Flatt lawsuit was tossed out long ago. The BA lawsuit should ultimately be settled out of court, and relatively cheaply if TSSAA is reasonable at all. (Asking a lot I know.) I don't believe BA is looking for a financial windfall, or to destroy the TSSAA...just justice.

4) I just don't see a break-off unless forced by even more ridiculaous constraints.

Posted by cole703:

Just asking a few questions, so everyone stay calm.

1. Can the public schools vote the non financial aid giving schools into D2?

2. Would this create another legenthy legal battle for the tax payers of Tennessee?

3. Could the TSSAA afford to pay Carlton Flatt/Brentwood Academy and then pay for another big court war?

4. If the non financial aid giving schools were forced into D2 would they join together in a legal battle against the TSSAA and the public schools?

Just asking!!!!!!!!!!!

Regarding most of your questions...I don`t think the TSSAA will do anything. Yes it may be brought up, but I think the TSSAA realizes that if they try and split up the public/privates that they would open themselves up for potential lawsuits. In order to have a split, there would have to be just cause and evidence brought forward that there is definitely a problem. Just some whiney complaints won`t cut it. Just because some public school coaches don`t like to play privates won`t cut it either. I believe the TSSAA would tell them to shut up and play ball.

JMHO

Cole, good questions. Does anyone know the timetable facing the BA-TSSAA settlement? Do they actually have to settle by a certain deadline?

My assumption is that the TSSAA has to settle with Brentwood Academy, unless they want to keep facing lawsuits and paying lawyers instead of TSSAA staff, etc. Is it reasonable to assume that what the TSSAA decides will be directed mainly at BA...that is, the TSSAA response will be to satisfy BA -- as narrowly as possible without tripping the legal wires?

In other words, I would assume that the TSSAA will attempt to compromise with BA in attempt to avoid more legal action. The other issues about 1A publics and privates are secondary issues. What would satisfy BA and not provoke another lawsuit? And other than BA, is there a private school that would actually sue the TSSAA?

What does Brentwood Academy want? A public apology? Does BA want the opportunity to play against public schools for the state championship?

I know I am missing part of the legal argument and BA's position on the issues, but I think there could be a reasonable compromise.

One solution: separate the public and private schools during the regular season. Privates and publics can still play each other during the regular season, but they won't be forced to play each other because of their respective classifications.

The private champs could play the public champs in a Super Bowl Series. There will be more revenue for everyone, and in the end, everyone will see who can win it all on the field at the true end of the season.

Would this satisfy BA? How about everyone else?

Posted by StanTrott:

Cole, good questions. Does anyone know the timetable facing the BA-TSSAA settlement? Do they actually have to settle by a certain deadline?

My assumption is that the TSSAA has to settle with Brentwood Academy, unless they want to keep facing lawsuits and paying lawyers instead of TSSAA staff, etc. Is it reasonable to assume that what the TSSAA decides will be directed mainly at BA...that is, the TSSAA response will be to satisfy BA -- as narrowly as possible without tripping the legal wires?

In other words, I would assume that the TSSAA will attempt to compromise with BA in attempt to avoid more legal action. The other issues about 1A publics and privates are secondary issues. What would satisfy BA and not provoke another lawsuit? And other than BA, is there a private school that would actually sue the TSSAA?

What does Brentwood Academy want? A public apology? Does BA want the opportunity to play against public schools for the state championship?

I know I am missing part of the legal argument and BA's position on the issues, but I think there could be a reasonable compromise.

One solution: separate the public and private schools during the regular season. Privates and publics can still play each other during the regular season, but they won't be forced to play each other because of their respective classifications.

The private champs could play the public champs in a Super Bowl Series. There will be more revenue for everyone, and in the end, everyone will see who can win it all on the field at the true end of the season.

Would this satisfy BA? How about everyone else?

Well good post.

I think BA does want public vindication for the way they have been treated. Im not saying what they did was FAIR, but this lawsuit has had the same effect on them as slander. All tey are saying is it was within their rights as to do what they did and that this being brought against them has had a negative effect on them.

I do think they want a chance to play against any and all comers in TN. Witht he way it is set up now they get to play a few teams they want a chance to play everyone in the state. Remeber when they were in their hay day they would play anyone. It was great a good public school would come to slay the dragon and if they did man was that a story. Example Lincoln county riverdale.

I think an overall champion would be great but it will never happen. You could never get everyone on the same page. Be like tryin to solve the public/private debate on a website. ;)