UC vs HBT

JungleJim125

HBT has got alot of work to do as well. I am not getting on here and trying to put anyone down or nothing like that. HBT needs work at the point guard spot,they turn the ball over to many times. The pressure defense that Sisco put on them almost got them beat. They don't handle pressure very well. Boykin needs to work with Bryson he has got to be more dominant and needs to learn how to hold on to the bb. With Bryson's size there is no excuse for him not to be a big factor in the HBT offense! True they did out scored UC at the charity stripe last night. They also missed as about as many as they made missed 4 in a row right before half. They went into the locker with a 8 point should have been a 12 point lead! Just like last year this will come back to bite them later on in the season. Dunbar fouled out with over 3 minutes to go in the games as well. Dunbar can not do this HBT will need him late in the season. With Mcurry and Brooks their outside shooting is better than last year! Hats off to UC played a whale of a game! With Sisco at the helm they will get better no doubt! One more time Bryson must get a killer instict he is to soft. But right now he just a big body that's all! Good luck to both teams the rest of the year! :lol:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wrong about this game..I thought Union City had enough speed and the shooters to beat Humboldt..I was expecting Humboldt to play a zone but was expecting Union City to maybe shoot better ..Lake Co won tonight over South Fulton 95-51..My son said Lake Co played pretty good tonight.Started the new kid,Devon that moved from Ill..Patrick Robertson.Caleb Bledsoe,Rafael Tyler and Leron Garret..Brought Ricky Boyd off the bench..Ricky has been playing pretty well and one of the players that at least hustle every play..Leron has played good lately and and Rafael has looked good about every game..If Patrick and Caleb gives Lake Co anything,then Lake Co seems to play pretty good.Heard Lake Co played everyone and just about everyone played..That's what I like to see...get a big lead before you empty the bench.!

Mr. Big ...Has Lake Co. started recruiting in Ill. now...lol...Transfers are not suppose to start till after Christmas Break. Coach Whitby knows better than that.

I was wrong about this game..I thought Union City had enough speed and the shooters to beat Humboldt..I was expecting Humboldt to play a zone but was expecting Union City to maybe shoot better ..Lake Co won tonight over South Fulton 95-51..My son said Lake Co played pretty good tonight.Started the new kid,Devon that moved from Ill..Patrick Robertson.Caleb Bledsoe,Rafael Tyler and Leron Garret..Brought Ricky Boyd off the bench..Ricky has been playing pretty well and one of the players that at least hustle every play..Leron has played good lately and and Rafael has looked good about every game..If Patrick and Caleb gives Lake Co anything,then Lake Co seems to play pretty good.Heard Lake Co played everyone and just about everyone played..That's what I like to see...get a big lead before you empty the bench.!

Mr. Big ...Has Lake Co. started recruiting in Ill. now...lol...Transfers are not suppose to start till after Christmas Break. Coach Whitby knows better than that.

Don't go there DCfan74. His a Freshman by the way and he can ball.

HBT has got alot of work to do as well. I am not getting on here and trying to put anyone down or nothing like that. HBT needs work at the point guard spot,they turn the ball over to many times. The pressure defense that Sisco put on them almost got them beat. They don't handle pressure very well. Boykin needs to work with Bryson he has got to be more dominant and needs to learn how to hold on to the bb. With Bryson's size there is no excuse for him not to be a big factor in the HBT offense! True they did out scored UC at the charity stripe last night. They also missed as about as many as they made missed 4 in a row right before half. They went into the locker with a 8 point should have been a 12 point lead! Just like last year this will come back to bite them later on in the season. Dunbar fouled out with over 3 minutes to go in the games as well. Dunbar can not do this HBT will need him late in the season. With Mcurry and Brooks their outside shooting is better than last year! Hats off to UC played a whale of a game! With Sisco at the helm they will get better no doubt! One more time Bryson must get a killer instict he is to soft. But right now he just a big body that's all! Good luck to both teams the rest of the year! :lol:

You are right Zebra99 ,Humboldt has a lot of room for improvement but they only have (1) one senior starting and are very young, cambell is really the only other player besides Dunbar that got playing time. Brooks & Bryson are both sophmores so you would expect them to make some mistakes but once Bryson gets that killer instinct he is going to be a beast. I guess it's good to get a win especially early in the district against a good team but there's always room for both teams to get better. Once Bryson and Dunbar becomes more of a offensive threat down low it will open up their outside shooters(Brooks, McCurry,Williams). A lot of people picked UC to beat Humboldt but I told everyone that it was to early to decide because everyone was baseing their prediction on the Humboldt vs Lake county game which Humboldt lose by (4) four points without Dunbar. Humboldt will get better if Boykin puts them in positions to win by selecting the right defense for certaining teams and know when to press or not. Humboldt doesnt have the depth, size, or athleticism that they had last year and will have to play good team ball but isn't as bad as people expected due to them losing so much talent. So, as Lee Corso would say," Not so fast my Friend" humboldt will be OK this season but games will be closer than last year games!!!!!

Bigster,

You didnt see Humboldt full speed at Lake County last week. One of there best players was missing and the home court tonight is worth 10 points. Now the coaching helps to equalize the game because Union City is better coached by far but I'll stick with my prediction.

I understand..That's why I believe I'll go tonight to see how much an impact Dunbar is..I believe the loss of Crayton and Taylor really hurts them..Lake Co had them by 18 points at the half and then just basically laid down..This Humboldt team didnt show me a lot of speed overall.!

LOL Mrbigster you are a very funny person. How could you post that your team laid down after they had Humboldt by (18) eighteen points? Lake County didn't beat Humboldt once last year and got beat at home by about (16) sixteen points. So, why would a team lay down against a team that beat you (4) four times last year? Or, was that your excuse for just winning by (4) four without one of Humboldt starters playing? If, lake county laid down then this isn't one of Lake County best teams!!!! PLEAS EXPLAIN!

You are right Zebra99 ,Humboldt has a lot of room for improvement but they only have (1) one senior starting and are very young, cambell is really the only other player besides Dunbar that got playing time. Brooks & Bryson are both sophmores so you would expect them to make some mistakes but once Bryson gets that killer instinct he is going to be a beast. I guess it's good to get a win especially early in the district against a good team but there's always room for both teams to get better. Once Bryson and Dunbar becomes more of a offensive threat down low it will open up their outside shooters(Brooks, McCurry,Williams). A lot of people picked UC to beat Humboldt but I told everyone that it was to early to decide because everyone was baseing their prediction on the Humboldt vs Lake county game which Humboldt lose by (4) four points without Dunbar. Humboldt will get better if Boykin puts them in positions to win by selecting the right defense for certaining teams and know when to press or not. Humboldt doesnt have the depth, size, or athleticism that they had last year and will have to play good team ball but isn't as bad as people expected due to them losing so much talent. So, as Lee Corso would say," Not so fast my Friend" humboldt will be OK this season but games will be closer than last year games!!!!!

I agree they are very young and are much better than most thought they would be. Bryson has the tools to be a beast but he must grown up quickly. As u say they depth is not like last year's team. Boykin needs to work with Bryson especially on offense. He's got to go to the hole with authority and must a force! They still must shoot better from the line also. Their outside shooting will open up and it is better than last years. Their games will be closer this year and that will be to their advantage. Close games make better teams and will help them come tourament time. But i say it will come down to LC and HBT and UC will get better as the year goes by! Good luck in the upcoming Christmas Tourament it will be tougher this year with Dyer County and Bolivar joining the tourament! Do you know who the kid is who transfer from North Side is? :roflol:

HBT has got alot of work to do as well. I am not getting on here and trying to put anyone down or nothing like that. HBT needs work at the point guard spot,they turn the ball over to many times. The pressure defense that Sisco put on them almost got them beat. They don't handle pressure very well. Boykin needs to work with Bryson he has got to be more dominant and needs to learn how to hold on to the bb. With Bryson's size there is no excuse for him not to be a big factor in the HBT offense! True they did out scored UC at the charity stripe last night. They also missed as about as many as they made missed 4 in a row right before half. They went into the locker with a 8 point should have been a 12 point lead! Just like last year this will come back to bite them later on in the season. Dunbar fouled out with over 3 minutes to go in the games as well. Dunbar can not do this HBT will need him late in the season. With Mcurry and Brooks their outside shooting is better than last year! Hats off to UC played a whale of a game! With Sisco at the helm they will get better no doubt! One more time Bryson must get a killer instict he is to soft. But right now he just a big body that's all! Good luck to both teams the rest of the year! :roflol:

I agree they are very young and are much better than most thought they would be. Bryson has the tools to be a beast but he must grown up quickly. As u say they depth is not like last year's team. Boykin needs to work with Bryson especially on offense. He's got to go to the hole with authority and must a force! They still must shoot better from the line also. Their outside shooting will open up and it is better than last years. Their games will be closer this year and that will be to their advantage. Close games make better teams and will help them come tourament time. But i say it will come down to LC and HBT and UC will get better as the year goes by! Good luck in the upcoming Christmas Tourament it will be tougher this year with Dyer County and Bolivar joining the tourament! Do you know who the kid is who transfer from North Side is? :lol:

The kid name is Williams, his family is originally from Humboldt and they moved back. He is about 6'0 and plays guard, can shoot the ball very good from the outside and has good ball skills but needs to learn the new system. If, I'm not mistaken, I think he is a sophmore and should help this year team once he gets into the flow. The x-mas tournament will be one of the most talented tournament ever with the addition of Bolivar & Dyer county added to the field. If, Humboldt and Dyer County wins Saturday than they will play Monday which will be a great test for the young "VIKES", I think Bolivar will make it to the championship game without any problem!

Bigster,

You didnt see Humboldt full speed at Lake County last week. One of there best players was missing and the home court tonight is worth 10 points. Now the coaching helps to equalize the game because Union City is better coached by far but I'll stick with my prediction.

I understand..That's why I believe I'll go tonight to see how much an impact Dunbar is..I believe the loss of Crayton and Taylor really hurts them..Lake Co had them by 18 points at the half and then just basically laid down..This Humboldt team didnt show me a lot of speed overall.!

LOL Mrbigster you are a very funny person. How could you post that your team laid down after they had Humboldt by (18) eighteen points? Lake County didn't beat Humboldt once last year and got beat at home by about (16) sixteen points. So, why would a team lay down against a team that beat you (4) four times last year? Or, was that your excuse for just winning by (4) four without one of Humboldt starters playing? If, lake county laid down then this isn't one of Lake County best teams!!!! PLEAS EXPLAIN!

I think if you'll read a bunch of my posts..I have picked Union City..then Humboldt and then Lake Co..At least the team we have now..I thought before the year started we would be one of the top teams but after I saw a few games..realized then that we have talent but still a ways to go..Have to realize who the shooters are..who can dribble..Probably should have used a different word than laid down..Lake Co seems to get up on teams then I guess think..we have an 10 point lead..not going to matter if I shoot this shot from 30 feet out..Then..we're still winning by 10..what's the harm..I'll shoot another one..Too much individual play..!I was basing the score I thought on yalls and Union City based on Union City and Southwind and the Dyer Co game..Gave Dyer Co all they wanted in an overtime loss..Not necessarily by our game..I was impressed with the speed of Union City and thought they had the shooters to win..I never said we were or this was one of our best teams..But I'll also know more in about 2 days..Then I'll get back to you on that..Even then..will be on potential..Until I see the team I'm hoping takes the court plays..You bring up last year..What about the previous years..I'd be willing to bet that Lake Co is the only small school..and I mean small school to beat Union City or Humboldt that's in our area in past years..for sure the district..I know Humboldt has lost to Middleton this year.And the great Humboldt team that lost the state championship game at the buzzer..I believe Lake Co beat thaa team all 3 times..I know we beat them by about 26 points at Humboldt..!You also keep bringing up the fact that Dunbar didnt play..Like I said..had he played..#20 may not have got as many touches..Who knows?Dunbar isnt that big of an offensive threat..I said Bryson isnt that impressive..Even one of your Humboldt fans have said the same thing..But he's only a sophomore..I may not be saying that by the end of the year..I also noticed Humboldt had a 4 point lead when Dunbar fouled out against Union City..After he fouled out..Humboldt outscored Union City by 8..So..with no Dunbar in the lineup..went from a 4 point lead with him to a 12 point lead or 8 more points without him..!

Thanks 87vikingalumni for clearing that up. I heard before the season started that two from tranfering from NS. I do agree Boilvar will be waiting in the wings to see who they will play for the championship! Should be a much better tourament this year i hope i can make a couple of games. But i got gran children and it is hard to get away from them sometimes! DC and Bolivar have only one loss between them i think correct me if i am wrong it won't be the first time! We will soon see what District 14A is made of after the hoilidays! Good Luck! :roflol:

Mrbigster i do agree that Bryson right is not a force but he is young! HBT and LC both have got some young players! Once Dunbar gets football out of his system he will be a offensive threat. I saw Dunbar play last year and he can shoot the bb . He has got a nice 12 to 15 foot jump shot and as the years goes on he will become a double threat. LC i know also has some players as they always do and will be hard to beat as the year goes on. Who beat who last and the years before don't mean poop! Throwing myself in there to we all seem to compare who beat who then not now! HBT and LC are different this year and must make the adjustments to what will fit them the best! Do not count out UC right yet they will get better as the year goes on! If HBT inside game starts to improve then they will light it up from the outside! Their outside shooting is much better than last year! Wade is gone but Brooks and Mcurry and Williams can all light it up! LC inside game should be strong with their size! I don't know about their outside shooting! I'm no Vitale but this should be a interesting year in District 14A! Good Luck to all this season!! :roflol:

Mrbigster i do agree that Bryson right is not a force but he is young! HBT and LC both have got some young players! Once Dunbar gets football out of his system he will be a offensive threat. I saw Dunbar play last year and he can shoot the bb . He has got a nice 12 to 15 foot jump shot and as the years goes on he will become a double threat. LC i know also has some players as they always do and will be hard to beat as the year goes on. Who beat who last and the years before don't mean poop! Throwing myself in there to we all seem to compare who beat who then not now! HBT and LC are different this year and must make the adjustments to what will fit them the best! Do not count out UC right yet they will get better as the year goes on! If HBT inside game starts to improve then they will light it up from the outside! Their outside shooting is much better than last year! Wade is gone but Brooks and Mcurry and Williams can all light it up! LC inside game should be strong with their size! I don't know about their outside shooting! I'm no Vitale but this should be a interesting year in District 14A! Good Luck to all this season!! :roflol:

I agree with you Zebra..And I expect Bryson to get better during the year..!I really havent noticed Dunbar enough to see about his outside shooting..!