Riverdale Offseason Thread!

warhawks

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope this is the time that Coach A will show some sense and ask Coach Britton to come back!

Looks good on paper but I'm not real certain coach Britton could serve on staff such as current one. Plus the threat of replacement to REAL if you catch my drift gang! Do you really think coach A is gonna hire someone that is old school Riverdale Football? Lets face it the past is just that, don't get me wrong I would love to see a coach with as much class and structure as coach Britton has return but it ain't ganna happen.

While I will say that Coach Britton is a good coach, I agree with hoop dad.He will not be selected as the next o-line coach.I look for coach to bring in someone he has worked with in the past that knows how to teach the blocking schemes to run the wing-t.Look for it to be someone that he coached with in the last ten years.

While I will say that Coach Britton is a good coach, I agree with hoop dad.He will not be selected as the next o-line coach.I look for coach to bring in someone he has worked with in the past that knows how to teach the blocking schemes to run the wing-t.Look for it to be someone that he coached with in the last ten years.

did they start spring practice today?

They now have the spring schedule up on the web site. Practice actually starts tomorrow.

I'm pretty confident that Coach A will make a great hire for the OL coach. That seems to be his strength and I expect he knows just what he wants. Coach Britton would be heartbroke to see how far the facilities have been allowed to deteriorate so maybe it's best he doesn't come back.

I'm still hopeful that the changes we saw last fall signal a new direction for the program. We'll start to get an idea as spring practice unfolds. LOD, I hope you are dead wong but I understand 100% your level of concern.

Can't wait to see the QB competition.

What's up with Houston Brown? As a young soph he looked like we would become one of the next Riverdale greats. Last year he seemed almost invisible. Now I see him on a couple recruiting boards and selected to represent team Tennessee in the elite 7-on-7 down in Tuscaloosa. What gives?

Any info on the lift-a-thon? I miss those excel spreadsheets that the old staff used to post. You could glean a lot of raw data from those.

Go Warriors!!

They now have the spring schedule up on the web site. Practice actually starts tomorrow.

I'm pretty confident that Coach A will make a great hire for the OL coach. That seems to be his strength and I expect he knows just what he wants. Coach Britton would be heartbroke to see how far the facilities have been allowed to deteriorate so maybe it's best he doesn't come back.

I'm still hopeful that the changes we saw last fall signal a new direction for the program. We'll start to get an idea as spring practice unfolds. LOD, I hope you are dead wong but I understand 100% your level of concern.

Can't wait to see the QB competition.

What's up with Houston Brown? As a young soph he looked like we would become one of the next Riverdale greats. Last year he seemed almost invisible. Now I see him on a couple recruiting boards and selected to represent team Tennessee in the elite 7-on-7 down in Tuscaloosa. What gives?

Any info on the lift-a-thon? I miss those excel spreadsheets that the old staff used to post. You could glean a lot of raw data from those.

Go Warriors!!

LIFT A THON is or was tonight not sure if its over yet

I have a name that might please some and might have me butchered by Riverdale faithful at the same time due to his connections with metro.....Elrod. I know he is from metro and some Riverdale fans believe there is already one too many ex-metro employees there but Elrod knows the wing offense. Im not sure if Coach A ever coached with him or not but it could be a good short term hire. I also dont know if Elrod would even be interested.

I could live with Elrod and have a world of respect for him. If we must have a wingT it only makes sense to have one who can run it REALLY good. :hungry:

As to having Coach Britton back it was mostly wishful thinking on my part as I have a WORLD of respect for him as a Coach and a man. BTW the 07 O-line were taught their fundamentals by BRITTON!

Here are some thought on who could be the next O-Line coach at Riverdale: (I thought of who runs the wing-t, and some what-ifs due to their resume) Sorry I dont know all the names

Britton: don't think he will come back though

Elrod: won't be able to coexist with coach A

Trousdale County's o-line coach: why leave?

Mt. Juliet's o-line coach: good o-line, saw them when we played them in 1st round of playoffs

Bever from Smyrna: ran wing-t while at portland

Traye Aric: ex-coach of Wilson Central and has wing-t background, but believe he is at Portland now

That's all I could come up with for now. Maybe a long shot, but maybe not.

Elrod I believe is at Hunter's Lane, and he didn't start there until last year, so I really don't see him and coach A coaching together simply because he is with coach H. who was previously at Riverdale, and he is loyal still somewhat to him.Lift-a-thon was last night.No new surprises for me.Thought everyone looked good and strong, but can they play football.I believe they are just fine in that department, as most people will see against Gallatin on May 3.Mr.Nolan will find the right man for the job, just like he did when he hired coach wells last year.I think this year the defense will be a lot faster than last years, from what I have seen.