Dyersburg Christmas Tournament

NSHSIndian20

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bigster, Give us a rundown of the game.

I wasn't trying to avoid anybody..lol..I was at the gym from 1 oclock until the last game was over which was about 11 last night..Liberty statred out of the gate winning 10 to 1..Lake Co finally got it going and tied the game at the half at 25 each..#13 for Liberty had about three 3 pointers.Not many people in the gym at 1 o'clock and close to the half during a timeout,a fan said ,Coach..somebody needs to guard their shooter,#13 and the Coach looked into the stands and said...It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out..Was funny because Coach Johnson usually doesn't usually say anything to the crowd..But then he got onto the team about the same thing.The score board had the score 29-25 in favor of Lake Co when the teams went to the dressing rooms but when both teams came out the score was 25-25..I knew they didn't give 2 of Liberty their points and the Liberty coach thought it was was 27-25 and that's what I thought it was was..but since a 5 point game ..no big deal..The third quarter started and Liberty scored a couple buckets..then #13 came down and drained a 3 as she was wide open and Lake Co called time out and Coach Johnson really went off for them not knowing where she was..I mean it wasnt anyone within 10 feet..Anyway ..Lake Co got within 2 points and strating fouling and Liberty made their free throws...Liberty played a good game..played a zone against Lake Co ..blocked several shots down low..I thought T.T. played well but she had several turnovers as well but didnt get much from the other girls..Carnation played hard but just was too much height and her and Shamone was basically no shows..The points Lake Co did get was mostly from T.T...I did think Liberty got away with several on the backs and blocks that were fouls and because they were taller ..got away with several.But overall..teams are playing a zone and Lake Co hasnt been able to run like they want and are going to have to make some shots..

In the other games at Dyersburg ,Northside beat Covington by about 30 points..Covington actually played Northside pretty tough the first half..I believe stayed within about 6 points most of the way..The second half was all Northside as #12,Faison and #32 and the left handed big girl down low for Northside had good games..If Covington plays as well the whole game as the first half..are going to give us a good game and maybe even a loss...The next game was U.S.J. and Poplar Bluff and I didnt see much from either of these teams..# 4 from Poplar Bluff was as fast and quick as any player in the gym yesterday,including Faison and T.T. Flowers but was about all they had...Poplar Bluff won by about 12 ,I believe..Maybe was closer than that..The next game was Dyersburg against Munford and Dyersburg won by about 20 points..The tournament was set up to basically have the home team,Dyersburg in the championship game..I'm prettu sure the tournament directors got in a room and said..Coach Coffman..here are the teams we have ..What about Liberty..Can you beat them?He replied..if we play a great game ..we have a chance..Northside..Can you beat them?..if we play great..we have a chance..Can you beat Lake Co..?..We match up with them pretty good but we'd have to play pretty good ball..Can you beat Covington?Yes..I think we have a shot but we'd still have to ball really well..They're better than most people think..Well..what about Munford?His eyes must have lit up like a Christmas tree..Yes..We can beat them..What about Poplar Bluff? I'm not sure about them this year but they come every year ..so they may be good..but we know Northside,Lake Co.,Liberty and Covington are all pretty good..So put Poplar Bluff in our bracket..What about U.S.J...And even bigger smile..Yes..Put them in our bracket also..You know what..maybe there really is a Santa..And look..this way..with Dyersburg in the championship..we are going to make a lot of money..People arent going to come to Dyersburg to watch Northside and Liberty in the championship..Just a few Jackson people..So that's the plan.Put Liberty,Lake Co,Northside and Covington all in the same bracket..In my opinion U.S.J. and Munford wouldnt beat any of these four teams..Poplar Bluff may could get with 14 points of one of them on a great night ..More than likely the championship will be today between Northside and Liberty...Not saying Dyersburg isnt a good team and can't win..but the three teams in their bracket preety well guaranteed them being in the championship and gave their record a couple easy wins.

sounds like you just like to complain bigster. lake county aint near as good as you think. covington has won 1 game this year and they beat lake county at the utm playday. give it up and tt aint near as good as you think.

That may be true about Covington but all I know is they played Northside tough for a lalf which is what I stated..And I said they could stay with us if we didnt play ball..In other words..basically saying that teams have figured Lake Co out..Play a zone and maybe get a win...Not going to be many Single A teams run with Lake Co and win..I didn't say Liberty didnt deserve to win..Said Liberty had too much height that hurt us and kept us from running..And I said Carnation and Shamone didnt show up..So not following you about complaining..I said T.T made some turnovers...but again..she's only a sophomore..would think she'll get better..We'll see..Bradford will have to look at her for a couple more years..Maybe you can get a few more posts under your belt and not worry about Lake Co not being any good or T.T. not being any good,,Last time I looked..Lake Co has lost to Hart Co ky in a game that Lake Co had a 6 point lead with two minutes to play and missed free throws and lost by 1 point..Lost to a fine Greenfield team by 1 point at Greenfield that has everyone back..Could lose to them again..Lost to Liberfty..not a shame in that..Bradford may beat Lake Co at Bradford but if they do..I'll just about bet that they dont do it running with Lake Co..But ..I'll also say this..Lake Co hasnt lost by 32 points to anyone so far this year..!

About to head out in a few minutes and head up there. Lake Co. is a good team and I agree that some of the players might be overhyped a bit on here, but they're still a young team that plays mostly Sophomores and Freshman. The loss to Liberty yesterday didn't surprise me. I really felt that game would depend on if Liberty's guards would handle the ball well enough for them and it sounds like they did. Now, if Lake Co. loses to Covington today, there might be some issues with the LC team.