Dyersburg Christmas Tournament

NSHSIndian20

If anybody went to the games, please give a recap if you can.

Northside lost by 8 points to Liberty...Northside led about all the first half but Libery stayed close in the second half and went ahead in the last quarter and pretty well held the lead the last 3 minutes or so..I still say..the best 3 teams were in the same bracket..I know North side had beaten Liberty earlier but still these were the best teams there..Lake Co lost by 5 to Liberty ,and tonight had their way againsr Covington ,going up 21-6 in the firdt quarter..then about 44 to 16 and late in the 3rd quarter was up by about 35 points..Lake Co pulled their starters and the clock kept running while the Covington starters were still in the game..But they only have 7 players so not much else they could do..The game endd up being 24 points in a game that wasnt that close.!Dyersburg lost to Poplar Bluff by 2 points..Poplar Bluff has a girl #3 but not much else..Both Dyersburg and Poplasr Bluff didnt play well at all..Because of how the brackets were set up..the best Lake Co can play for is 5th place by losing the first game and the best for Northside is 3rd place but Northside and Lake Co both could beat Poplar Bluff in my opinion.!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

About to head out in a few minutes and head up there. Lake Co. is a good team and I agree that some of the players might be overhyped a bit on here, but they're still a young team that plays mostly Sophomores and Freshman. The loss to Liberty yesterday didn't surprise me. I really felt that game would depend on if Liberty's guards would handle the ball well enough for them and it sounds like they did. Now, if Lake Co. loses to Covington today, there might be some issues with the LC team.

They may be overhyped but you're right..still mostly sophomores and a freshman..But still..I'm sure you think Northside has a good team..Lake Co lost to Liberty by 5 and Northside lost to Liberty by 8..That same Northside team played Covington last night and Cov.was down by 9 at the half and played pretty well..Lake Co had Cov. by 15 at he end of the first quarter..Got worse in the 2nd quarter..about 25 points..then eventually about 35 points..Had Lake Co kept the starters in the whole game..no doubt in my mind ,it would have been a 50 point game or close..You were there..Covington couldnt even get the ball down the floor..This is in no way saying Lake Co would beat Northside..just that I've seen Northside and I know they have a good team..And if you compare the two games that we both played against the same teams..plus the regular season games against Brighton..Lake Co has played better or just as well...I know they're not a Gibson Co..but if a Single A team tries to run or not on their game..Lake Co will come out ahead most of the time..But a team like Bradford..Greenfield..have very good players..can bump and play a little more physical game and play Lake Co very tough..!

sounds like you just like to complain bigster. lake county aint near as good as you think. covington has won 1 game this year and they beat lake county at the utm playday. give it up and tt aint near as good as you think.

Playday..Are you talking about the early morning scrimmages where the clock keeps running..very early in the morning..way too early to have a lot of energy..and just about every team plays a lot of players to see what they have..If I remember correctly..Lake Co went to Forrest and beat Moore Co by 12 points I believe..The same Moore Co that lost to Forrest by 2 points..A lot of people have Forrest as one of the favorites..But..that was a playday..I can just about bet that Moore Co has an entirely different team than back then..more polished..Don't pay too much attention to Playday's..Bradford maybe won all their games..Trenton ,may beat Lake Co..but I dont think it'll be 32 points..Maybe if we played them in a Playday...but not now..!But anyway..that same Covington that you saw beat Lake Co in the Playday that you refer too...that same Cov. team was blown out tonight in a real game..Could have been a 50 point game..!

Here's my rundown on todays games.

Lake Co./Covington: Covington has no guard play. The big girl for Covington, #50, had to do it all. I didn't know this, but #50 for Covington has also signed to play with Troy University. Congrats to her on that accomplishment! She's a hard worker on the floor. Lake Co.'s press gave Covington more than 1 fit today. Lake Co. relies alot on their press. I noticed today, that if you get them in a half court game, they pass the ball once or twice and chunk one up from wherever. That'd explain to me how Greenfield beat Lake Co. Congrats to Lake Co. on a good win today!

Munford/USJ: The most impressive player for today was #30 for Munford. She bombed nine 3 pointers in the game and finished with a game high 34 points. She nailed a three with under a minute in the game to put her team up by 1 in what turned out to be the final score. USJ was up by as many as 23 points in the game and as many as 20 in the 4th quarter. Munford did a great job in the comeback.

Liberty/Jackson NS: Liberty is playing some very good basketball right now. I honestly didn't think they'd beat NS, but they proved me wrong. Liberty was balanced in their attack on the offensive end of the floor. Jalita Fason for NS is for real!!!!! Nothing like a girl smacking the backboard while doing layups in warmups. She's only a Junior and is going to be a big time player over the next 2 years.

Dyersburg/Poplar Bluff: Dyersburg couldn't stop #4 and #11 for Poplar Bluff. They were extremely quick and handled the ball well. Those 2 alone would break the Dyersburg press on their own. I was impressed with 33 from Dyersburg. I was told she's only a Freshman or Sophomore. She's going to be a good one! It seemed as if the refs did everything they could do to help Dyersburg to pull this one out, but didn't happen. Poplar Bluff played well and congrats to them! I hope the girl that was seriously injured will get a speedy recovery. Her fall she had looked painful.

Here's my rundown on todays games.

Lake Co./Covington: Covington has no guard play. The big girl for Covington, #50, had to do it all. I didn't know this, but #50 for Covington has also signed to play with Troy University. Congrats to her on that accomplishment! She's a hard worker on the floor. Lake Co.'s press gave Covington more than 1 fit today. Lake Co. relies alot on their press. I noticed today, that if you get them in a half court game, they pass the ball once or twice and chunk one up from wherever. That'd explain to me how Greenfield beat Lake Co. Congrats to Lake Co. on a good win today!

Munford/USJ: The most impressive player for today was #30 for Munford. She bombed nine 3 pointers in the game and finished with a game high 34 points. She nailed a three with under a minute in the game to put her team up by 1 in what turned out to be the final score. USJ was up by as many as 23 points in the game and as many as 20 in the 4th quarter. Munford did a great job in the comeback.

Liberty/Jackson NS: Liberty is playing some very good basketball right now. I honestly didn't think they'd beat NS, but they proved me wrong. Liberty was balanced in their attack on the offensive end of the floor. Jalita Fason for NS is for real!!!!! Nothing like a girl smacking the backboard while doing layups in warmups. She's only a Junior and is going to be a big time player over the next 2 years.

Dyersburg/Poplar Bluff: Dyersburg couldn't stop #4 and #11 for Poplar Bluff. They were extremely quick and handled the ball well. Those 2 alone would break the Dyersburg press on their own. I was impressed with 33 from Dyersburg. I was told she's only a Freshman or Sophomore. She's going to be a good one! It seemed as if the refs did everything they could do to help Dyersburg to pull this one out, but didn't happen. Poplar Bluff played well and congrats to them! I hope the girl that was seriously injured will get a speedy recovery. Her fall she had looked painful.

#33 for Dyersburg is a sophomore as is the Tate girl..#20 I believe..also the left hander..the Butler girl is a sophomore...The twins for Dyersburd are juniors..You're right..Lake Co wins by their press and not many teams are going to win running with them..There are a few...but not many in Single A..But these same players from Cov gave Northside all they wanted the first half last night and got the ball down the floor against Northside last night..even though it was only for 1 half..!But that hald they played Northside pretty tough..the girl in the goggles had about 10 points and by looking at the score at the half..actually had me a little worried about playing them tonight..Thought it would have been a lot closer game.!

..Because of how the brackets were set up..the best Lake Co can play for is 5th place by losing the first game and the best for Northside is 3rd place but Northside and Lake Co both could beat Poplar Bluff in my opinion.!

Two options for you:

1) To play for the championship - win your games! You got beat - deal with it.

2) Form your own tournament, draw up the brackets the way you want them, play the teams you want to in the first round and buy a BIG trophy for you to display at the end of the week.

Actually I had 3, but quit whining would probably not go over too well so I will stick with two !

..Because of how the brackets were set up..the best Lake Co can play for is 5th place by losing the first game and the best for Northside is 3rd place but Northside and Lake Co both could beat Poplar Bluff in my opinion.!

Two options for you:

1) To play for the championship - win your games! You got beat - deal with it.

2) Form your own tournament, draw up the brackets the way you want them, play the teams you want to in the first round and buy a BIG trophy for you to display at the end of the week.

Actually I had 3, but quit whining would probably not go over too well so I will stick with two !

Even if we had won our game with Liberty..they would have been the team that got messed around then...I'm not whining about playing any team..I have no problem playing any team ..Westview..Gibson Co..Obion Cen..just will make Lake Co a better team..Not complaining about playing Liberty..Just that Coffman and Glover got their little heads together to make sure Dyersburg was in the fnals...Everyone knew what they did..But the thing is..the Lady Trojans still didn't get the job done..They got beat by a mediocre Poplar Bluff team..I had Dyersburg in the finals ..I know they are a better team than the way they played..I live in Dyer Co..I have seen them many times..I understand what Dyersburg was trying to do..From a school stand point ..and a tournament stand point..was the best thing to do as far as making money..make sure you have a Dyersburg team in the finals..draw those fans..From a fans stand point..could have been some better games with some kind of seeding..Can't wait till next year..if maybe some of those teams like Liberty .Northside are down and if Dyersburg changes the schedule..But then it'll be..We thought we'd mix it up a little..And by the way..I could stay home but really nothing else to do..but was the worst officiating I've seen in a very long time..the whole tournament..Officials would call timeouts when teams were scrambling for the ball and nobody had control..You have to have control..It was so bad last night that the Hill Crest coach didnt even hang around for hir trophy and two of his players never came out or waited around to receive their all tournament awards..I heard the coach tell the black official with about a minute left..and I know all the officials in the tournament except 1 of them..but the Hill Crest coach was talking with the black official about the calls and the blach official,Ronald, saying..it wasn't me..Then the coach pointed at the white official in talking to Ronald,saying ..He cost us the game..talking about Ricky Hammond..A Dyersburg tournament..putting the best teams in one bracket...the home town Dyersburg officials.. Jessie Ashley ,Ricky Hammond,Daryl Lewis and Ronnie Mitchell..and still wasnt enough to get Dyersburg in to the championship..And I live 3 miles from the Dyersburg school..Maybe Glover and Coffman arent as smart as they thought..trying to basically already put their team in the championship bracket.And by the way..I dont need to go out and buy a BIG trophy..I have a lot of them at my house already..One comes up to my waist that I won when I was younger...But you need to watch things that come up to the waist..You've heard about being waist deep in stuff..I know exactly what they are talking about by watching the officiating and how the brackets were set up..! So now..I guess I'll go watch the tournament again today..The tournament that was pretty well determined..It is so determined that I think I'll go with Lake Co winning over Munford..Northside over Dyersburg and Liberty over Poplar Bluff....Kinda pre determined also in my mind as well...I sure hope all the games arent double digit games or blow outs..fans should get to see some close games for their money..But it's Christmas time..better to give than to receive...!

The officiating in the Dyersburg/Poplar Bluff game was ridiculous. You could sense that the ref's were keeping Dyersburg in that game with their calls. Normally, those are 3 good refs. How can a girl get knocked into the bleachers, over the railing, and no foul be called? That was the worst call I've ever seen. No contact made there??? YEA RIGHT! The girl from Dyersburg purposely through herself into the girl to prevent her from saving the ball from going out of bounds.

As for the Hillcrest/JCM game, I believe it was decently called by the refs. There were a few bad calls for each team, but with a game that fast and that uptempo, it's hard to get every call right. I'll be up there today once again.

Bigster..From a fan stand point I agree with you..Naturally the school officials or tournament committee wanted to try to make sure Dyersburg made it to the finals to make money..I see your point though..not that Lake Co is afraid of playing Liberty or Northside but to have two of the betetr teams in the very first game.That would be like having Dyer Co hosting a tournament and having Gibson Co,Westview,Obion Cental in a tournament and having those three teams in the same bracket and playing each other in the first game..And Dyer Co playing Halls,South Fulton,etc..I think the fans from Central ,Westview,and Gibson Co would see what's going on also..But if the Dyersburg officials were going to keep the brackets..personally I would have wanted to see Liberty-Covington in the first game followed by Lake Co-Northside in the second game..That would have been a track meet..I have seen Northside at Dyer Co and have seen Lake Co plenty of times the past couple seasons..I also watched both teams play Liberty..both pretty well had to play at Liberty's pace or a different kind of game because of the height of Liberty..Both scores were similiar..Lake Co getting beat by 5 and Northside by 8 against Liberty..I watched both teams play Covington..Northside kinda struggle the first half holding a 9 point lead but ended up showing what they could do in routing Cov at the end of the game...Lake Co pretty well dominated this game from the opening tip and was up close to 40 points at one time but pulled all their starters in the 3rd quarter and won by the mercy rule..Both scores again similiar to each other against the same two teams..I would have loved to have seen Lake Co-Northside..then the winner facing Liberty..Anyway..about the officiating..I doubt very seriously if Hill Crest would come back if in vited..Boy,did they get it stuck to them by Ricky Hammond...I had a friend onf mine from Dyersburg come up to me after the game and without saying anything ..he came up to me and the guy I was with and commented..something needs to be done about Ricky Hammond...he ruins the game..His exact words and if he's reading this..knows who he is and who I am..And he was right..Hammond made 3 calls in a row against Hill Crest that all the fans know were biased..I watched as J.C.M. was shooting free throws..the coach from Hill Crest was mouthing and Hammond crept past the half court line and stood in front of the Hill Crest bench ,as if hoping the coach says something and hoping to call a tech..That's just my opioon..not that it's worth anything..And I believe you're right..don't remember Hill Crest accepting their awards ar the two players coming out to accept their all tournament medals..I don't blame them.!

The officiating in the Dyersburg/Poplar Bluff game was ridiculous. You could sense that the ref's were keeping Dyersburg in that game with their calls. Normally, those are 3 good refs. How can a girl get knocked into the bleachers, over the railing, and no foul be called? That was the worst call I've ever seen. No contact made there??? YEA RIGHT! The girl from Dyersburg purposely through herself into the girl to prevent her from saving the ball from going out of bounds.

As for the Hillcrest/JCM game, I believe it was decently called by the refs. There were a few bad calls for each team, but with a game that fast and that uptempo, it's hard to get every call right. I'll be up there today once again.

I believe it was the same girl that ran over the Poplar Bluff big girl with no call.!

bigster you are a loser. you make no sense in your long why nots. the only thing you want to talk about is tt flowers and how bad lake county can beat somebody. lake county is not as good as you think. you have never seen a game that had good referees. you complain about everything.

I've known Bigster for a pretty good while..Really a very nice guy..Adsmom from Newbern..007 from Lake Co..several that really know him ..can't meet a nicer guy..But in saying so..Yes..he is all Lake Co..But I've also heard him put some of the Lake Co players down..saying Patrick Robertson can't handle the ball..take too many bad shots..He knows the game.I've had a lot of coaches come up to me and say he missed his calling,,And I believe he did..He's a walking ESPN..I've heard him talk about the Howard girl from Chester Co ..the Galloway girls from Yorkville..the Thompson's from Central..the Street girl,Richardson,henson girls from Bradford.McEhinney and Hudson from Gleason ..Has talked good about Greenfield and some of their players..Molly Wallsmith and Bradford..he has told me on several occasions how good Bradford is..doesnt know what's happened the past couple games though..Yes he believes T.T. is better overall than Molly..I've heard him say this..But that's what he believes..so do a lot of others.I heard a lot odf people talking about T.T. the past two days and how young and good Lake Co is and what they may be in two years..Nothing wrong with him believing Lake Co is good.I'm sure Bradford fans feel the same way about Wallsmith and their team..the same with Grenfield fans and their players and team..As fas as officiating.it has been pretty bad most games I've been to..I've also heard him say it was bad officiating in a win..I have heard him says congrats to a team when they lost..One that comes to mind is about a week ago ,I remember Lake Co boys losing to Union City..I dont remember any excuses..I promise he knows more than you and me both..anout basketball and football.I promise you that.Just like in the Humboldt-Lake Co game a few weeks ago..Lake Co had only 2 foulds called against them and Humboldt had a chance to tie the game up and Lake Co boys still had 4 fouls to give..Cant carry them with you..He talked to me about that game a few days later..He knows his game..and ids a great guy