krichunaka

1) Unicoi County

2) Elizabethton

3) Hampton

4) Cloudland

5) Unaka

6) Happy Valley

7) Johnson County

Unicoi County defeated Unaka 76-40. Last night's home win is included here due to the

late, power-outage affects, and this week's very light schedule.

Elizabethton frustrated and thrashed Greeneville.

The Lady Cyclones' ball-handling and willingness to share the ball, plus Jasmine Jefferson's

rebounding and back-door play, makes up for the lack of a prototype post player.

EHS's press and trap defense turned over the Lady Greene Devils throughout the game.

Couple Greeneville's home win over South Greene with Elizabethton's handling of the Lady

Greene Devils in Elizabetheon, and we're starting to see the Lady Cyclones emerge as a

serious Murfreesboro threat.

Caveat: The few Greeneville fans we talked with at the GHS-EHS game cautioned that,

"South Greene played horribly" against Greeneville. Nonetheless, it's difficult to discount

the 22-point (59-37) whoopin' Elizabethton administered to Greeneville. Just sayin'.

The Lady Cyclones aren't scheduled to play this week. But, that's a whole-nother story.

Hampton is one of the two teams that should match up well with Elizabethton, but the

first round at Hampton left the Lady Bulldogs lacking. Next week's three-night stand in

North Carolina could go a long way in stepping up Hampton's game.

Cloudland will be in Harriman next week before conference play begins in early-January.

The Lady Highlanders could still be the spoiler team in 2010.

Unaka couldn't keep the momentum after last Monday's home win over Johnson County,

but the task against our still-number-one Unicoi County was a tall order. Perhaps the two

nights and three days in Harriman will help the cause.

As mentioned last week, Happy Valley defeated University by five. The Lady Warriors are

scheduled for three games in the Nera White Classic next week.

Johnson County lost on The Creek by 18 - - 29-47, went home to Mountain City and

lost to Hampton the very next night, by 44 - - 22-66; and then got blasted by Sullivan

South 40-75. But not to worry, the Lady Longhorns can now look forward to playing

Hampton, then Elizabethton during the first week of 2010.

Merry Christmas!

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched the Lady Dogs dismantle University High 64-24, and the game wasn't even that close. I saw where UH had won 4 games and had only lost to North Greene by 10 and thought this might be a close game. The game was over after 4 minutes, that is when LT cleared the bench. I don't know if this means the Lady Dogs have fixed their 'issues' problem from earlier and are playing better, or if they have just played two really bad teams, probably a little of each. Won't find out till later in the year. That is when it matters anyway. As for the rankings I agree and it will all play out later in the season.

Agree with Coachh, things seem to be a little dead. Don't think the teams are as close this year as they have been in the past so some posters don't have much to say about their teams. The clear cut top two teams (Elizabethton and Unicoi) are much better than the rest of the field. Hampton might play them close but don't see them beating either one of the top teams. Going to have to change my number one team this week (sure coachh was waiting on someone to do this) to the Lady Cyclones. They are playing better than anyone in our area. Unicoi did get beat so that changes my rankings to:

1. Elizabethton

2. Unicoi

3. Hampton

4. Cloudland

5. Unaka

6. Happy Valley

7. Johnson County

Lady Bulldogs beat South Point (Belmont, N.C.) 61-36 in tonights championship game. This was a rematch of last years title game. Hampton led by 10 at the half, but began the second half on a 16-0 run that essentially put the game away. I haven't seen the Lady Dogs play this well since Late last season. Last night and tonight was about as good as they can play, in my opinion, against quick, athletic and TALL teams. South Point had 2 players 6'0 and 1 player 6'2. Seems as if the problems from earlier in the season have been dealt with and the team has moved on. Proud of their effort.