Single A State Tournament..Who's making it?

MidTNbasketball

Keep in mind that Lake Co has won about 11of their last 14 games and the losses were all out if state in Kentucky and Illinois tournaments since the football players are back..Also keep in mind that in the tournament in Carbondale,one of the teams in the tournament was Memphis East..a team that has beaten your beloved Manassas team..have beaten B.T.W. ..only lost to 3 points to Joe Jackson and White Station and lost to Melrose by 19 points..But not many teams have come closer than that to Melrose..The same Memphis team I'm talking about that beat Manassas played Missouri Ins and lost by 1 point..Lake Co beat that same Missouri Ins team by 5 points..So I wouldn't overlook Lake Co.!

But wasn't 1 loss to Union City in that Illinois tournament if I'm not mistaken?

Yes..they lost to Union City on a neutral court but also a game that Lake Co had a 1 point lead with just seconds to play and a 1 point lead and Union City had to foul intentionally and Lake Co just missed their free throws..But again ..on a neutral court..The same Union City team that came to Dyer Co..on Dyer Co's home floor and went to overtime..missed a 3 ball that just rimmed out at the buzzer or it wouldn't have been an overtime..Also ..Lake Co may have 2 players on the team tonight..In other words..a Dyer Co fan could ask a Dyer Co .player Cody Gross about Taylor..I'm pretty sure he's played against him..Ask Cody Gross if big Ced is better than Cody Taylor..Not saying he'll be eligible..Will know tonight..But if he is..Lake Co just got a lot better..And another kid,Swift,about 6'3 and can jump out of the gym will be eligible for sure..So..could be 2 starters that we havent been having..For sure Cody Taylor will start..and Swift will be maybe the first off the bench.!

I don't know if Cody will be eligible but they played some good team at siu. I will let u see the carbindale book when i see u bigster. But all the teams up the out sized us and some by a whole lot. I bet we were the smallest team up there. But i would say that if we had a better second half against that chi university team we would have played for the carbindale title against Bartlet. I think that we are about to play some good Bball in the second half of the season.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just called the high school to tell them my son wouldn't be in school any this week because he had shoulder surgery yesterday..Probably miss a month of baseball season..Anyway..I ask if they had heard anything about Cody and was told that she heard them talking about Cody this morning and still believed they were wating on a teacher to post the grades..I told her I was thinking about going to Dyer Co-Dyersburg but if Cody was going to play..may go to Hickman..She said even if he was eligible..siad she wasnt sure he would play tonight anyway..I don't think he'd start for a few games but would eventually make his way..Probably not just going to start him right away

I just called the high school to tell them my son wouldn't be in school any this week because he had shoulder surgery yesterday..Probably miss a month of baseball season..Anyway..I ask if they had heard anything about Cody and was told that she heard them talking about Cody this morning and still believed they were wating on a teacher to post the grades..I told her I was thinking about going to Dyer Co-Dyersburg but if Cody was going to play..may go to Hickman..She said even if he was eligible..siad she wasnt sure he would play tonight anyway..I don't think he'd start for a few games but would eventually make his way..Probably not just going to start him right away

They play in Fulton,KY Bigster. LOL

They play in Fulton,KY Bigster. LOL

LOL Bigster he is right Fulton City is where u wanna go.

My son texted a friend of his that plays on the boys team..He text my son back that Cody would make his debut against Union City..So..I guess he's eligible according to that..But until I actually see him dressed.!

I just talked to a friend of mine from Lake Co to see if he had heard anything and he said he heard the same thing..said Lake Co was going to play Swift tonight and Cody Taylor Friday night..!

Middleton should win the Single A state championship this year. They're well coached and have the athletes and talent to win it.

You may be right..I went to the Dyersburg -Dyer Co game and was feeling pretty good about the team I thought we may have ..and was told tonight that I was putting the horse in front of the cart..Not going to say much..but not the news I was hoping for and expecting..at least for 1 of the players...!

Middleton should win the Single A state championship this year. They're well coached and have the athletes and talent to win it.

I think you all should add one more team to the mix Scotts Hill! We wento into Middleton and lost by 6 tonight when everybody had us losin by 20. We led by double digits for 3 and a half quarters. The outcome will be different when we play at the Hill! We will see who the best will be between City University, Middleton, and Scotts Hill when regionals come around. I don't know how many times we have to prove we are one of the top teams in West TN. We lost the Single A champs by 8 in the regional championship last year. We proved we could match the Memphis teams in District 16-A.