Middleton Gym Temperature

TitanicVol

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been in Middleton's gym and it does get hot in there. And to call it low class is crazy. It's called home court advantage. They are not putting any players at risk. If a kid gets hot and needs a break, it is up to the player's coach to take him out. It sounds like somebody is just mad they got beat and they don't want to blame it on Middleton being in better condition than them. Middleton has played in that gym for a long time and just about everybody knows it gets hot in there.

We are talking about high school here....played by teenagers. The high school game is 32 minutes, a break between quarters, a break at half time, timeouts, plus player rotations......although some teams play more players than others not hardly any team can play just 5 guys. All kids play in the HEAT of summer for hours on end. It might be uncomfortable for some fans but it has ZERO bearing on the players from either team. Some teams are in better condition, have more talented players and better coaching. That's what separates teams....not a 32 minute game with MULTIPLE BREAKS in the game.

Thank you all for your spirited responses to this thread. I did find through some of your replies that other schools have gone through this same thing (& other schools have done this same thing).

To those of you who seem to somehow be feeling that my post contained 'sour grapes,' please note that I did say in my original post that Middleton has very good teams who do not need to cheat to win. I was/ am in no way saying that the heat caused them to win the game I attended, I was/ am just curious as to whether anyone else had experienced this & how it was handled, and also if anyone else had concerns about player/ fan safety.

Thanks

I took the comment "Middleton has very good teams who do not need to cheat to win" as someone who felt they were cheated when they played them. My bad for the misunderstanding. I've been there a few times and it has always been hot. I think it is a very tough place to play not only because it's hot but also it can get really loud in that small gym.

I love how everybody continues to say Middleton is going to win State this year but no body even considers Scotts Hill to be a contender. Scotts Hill went into Middleton and only lost by 6. We led by 10 for 3 1/2 quarters. We should have won that game. If it wasn't for a few mental laspes by our players we would have. When Middleton makes the visit to the "Hill" in a couple of weeks and we come out victourious I WANT EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU TO PLEASE JUST SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT SCOTTS HILL!! We compete with every team we have played against that has contended for state the past two years. Mannanassas, Humboldt, Middle College, City University, and now Middleton are all teams that we have beat or lost in a close game to. Just give us some credit PLEASE!!!

SHLion99, I realize that Scotts Hill has a good team this year and had a good team last year. They went into Middleton and lost by only 6. Now, elaborate on the 40 point loss to JCM and the 13 point loss to Chester Co.? Chester Co. has a 4-9 record...... Yes, you guys are blowing out the teams that you need to be blowing out like Clarksburg, Carroll Academy, Bruceton etc. but the loss to Chester Co. and a 40 point loss to JCM still puts a ? mark on things. Respect has to be earned. Losing by 6 points to a team doesn't mean much. Middleton may have played the worst game of the year and still won it..... Keep on winning and we'll see where things shape up in the end. If you guys wind up in the 'boro, I'll congratulate you and wish you success and admit I was wrong!

SHLion99, I realize that Scotts Hill has a good team this year and had a good team last year. They went into Middleton and lost by only 6. Now, elaborate on the 40 point loss to JCM and the 13 point loss to Chester Co.? Chester Co. has a 4-9 record...... Yes, you guys are blowing out the teams that you need to be blowing out like Clarksburg, Carroll Academy, Bruceton etc. but the loss to Chester Co. and a 40 point loss to JCM still puts a ? mark on things. Respect has to be earned. Losing by 6 points to a team doesn't mean much. Middleton may have played the worst game of the year and still won it..... Keep on winning and we'll see where things shape up in the end. If you guys wind up in the 'boro, I'll congratulate you and wish you success and admit I was wrong!

The Chester Co. game was a fluke we had already beat them by 20 at home and for the JCM game our football players had been back for 3 days before that game and considering 2 of our 5 starters were on football we were missing our defense and low post people. We were missing our 6'5 center Rocky Scott and our 6'4 forward Brad Jones until a couple days before this game. We were still rusty but I understand we have to prove ourselves but thats why I said once Middleton comes to the "Hill" and we win then I want people on here to start giving us respect because can a team play the worst game they had ever played against the same team twice I don't think so. Middleton must have had two worst games back to back because after they beat us they went to a average TCA team and only won by 8. I just hope after we beat them we can start giving us respect!!!