Soddy By God Results , and some tidbits from the stands

bear cat brown

snowwhite wrote:

Tid bits from the stands:

8. The coach from Tullahoma in the 189 final was a complete embarassment to the sport and should be fired or forced to resign! He was awful to his athlete. In this period of keeping coaches accountable for their actions, I'd love to show the administrators of the Tullahoma High School a tape of his "coaching". Did anyone see the wrestler's FATHER yelling "tear his head off" during this match - equally outrageous. Is there something in the water in Tullahoma?

Snowwhite..... now I was there on Saturday in the stands watchin and listenin(and I know who you are) :thumb: . Now I just gotta say COME ON NOW, really fire Coach Bray? Well just let me say this... IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!! You see here in the beloved city of Tullahoma we like this kinda coaching, but again... COME ON NOW... did you notice Bray’s Hair Do :) .. I mean seriouosly how mean can a guy be.. with a spiked up gel do?(however he does own a 4x4 monster truck & jeep) :thumb: Finally lets talk about the 189lb daddy :thumb: … now you see he’s not playing with a full deck(you should stop by the dossett apts where this guy grew up) … so be very carful because I know you have the Seven Dwarfs but he has the infamous THREE WAY MARKET GANG!!! In all seriousness dont be alarmed because TULLAHOMA is just a BASEBALL TOWN! :)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tid bits from the stands:

1. I understand that the weather was a little cold, but why did it take two or three hours to get the tournement started? Shame on the coaches of the teams that did not show!

2. I heard from other folks in the crowd the wrestlebacks for 3rd was messed up - heck there weren't enough athletes in each bracket to mess up!

3. Food was actually pretty good - even saw a mom with a baked potato.

4. The girls wrestling was really good - fans were cheering and these girls were obviously enthusiastic about the sport - good for them. I support a separate sport for them. Not sure I like the girl/boy concept, but I really enjoed watching the match w/ the ND kid. Very Exciting!

5.The wrestler from Bradley (Agulair?) that had 23 takedowns in the finals was a show-off. Now I am rooting for ANY kid to beat him. Better yet, catch him and pin him! It was like watching pro athletes celebrating in the end zone. The coach was totally responsible for this excess. The "let go and take down again" concept to this extreme is crappy sportsmanship.

6. Watch out for runner-up in 160 (Henry?). He's a freshman and is an awesome wrestler now, and will be a state winner - maybe So, Jr AND Sr.

7. 215 final was a disappointment. Ooltewah wrestler should have beat the "all show (arms) and no go (technique)" kid from WV.

8. The coach from Tullahoma in the 189 final was a complete embarassment to the sport and should be fired or forced to resign! He was awful to his athlete. In this period of keeping coaches accountable for their actions, I'd love to show the administrators of the Tullahoma High School a tape of his "coaching". Did anyone see the wrestler's FATHER yelling "tear his head off" during this match - equally outrageous. Is there something in the water in Tullahoma?

9. Finally, the team from Birminghamn was great! They really had an outstanding program.

As a CoachT Alumni, I usually ignore posts like this but for some reason I can't.

1- Welcome to wrestling. If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

2- Welcome to wrestling. If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

3- If you attend a wrestling event for the food, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere.

4- Girls wrestling...No comment.

5- Bothered by Aguilar having 23 TD's against a kid who quit 20 seconds into the match. It may be a good idea for BOTH you and the HT kid to seek entertainment elsewhere.

6-OK

7-Evidence you know very little about wrestling.

8-Proof you know nothing about wrestling. Bray and Lester are 2 of the best coaches and people in the state. Tullahoma is fortunate to have them.

8a- Yelling tear his head off. Again...If this bothers you, it may be a good idea to seek entertainment elsewhere. You are going to hear a lot worse.

9- OK

HAHAHAA best post ive read in a good while, kudos to you Lovinit..

To BayouBear:

Tid Bits - REVISED!!!!

1. It's perfectly fine "entertainment" to promise to show up to a tournament and then not show - or even call the night before to let the tournament organizer know. I believe most wrestlers and supporters were also just a little "bothered" with this - then I find out some of these same teams went elsewhere. The issue is not "seek elswhere" but have coaches attend when they say they will, right?

2. It's perfectly fine "entertainment" to mess up the wrestlebacks, and then say "seek entertainment elsewhere", right? Nice argument! How about focus on the issue: WERE the wrestlebacks messed up or not?

3. I attend for the wrestling, of course, but heck, the Headline Post was "tid bits", so I thought I'd comment. Food WAS better than the wrestback organization, BTW.

4. No comment? WHAT? You try to take me out because I said the food was good, but are afraid to comment about this subject. When will the Cleveland area have a girls wrestling team? No comment here is just like countin' the lights on the ceiling, pal! PIN!

5. If I understand you correctly, it WAS good sportsmanship for the COACH to continue to tell his wrestler to continue this beating. Glad neither wrestler got injured over this awful spectacle. We agree to disagree. I still will root for every other kid versus Aguilar.

6. Finally! We agree to agree!

7. Yup, you're right pal, I know nothing about wrestling.

8.Again, you missed the point entirely - did YOU want to send the tapes of this "coaching" to the administrators of Tullahoma, or did you want ME to? Isn't it interesting that the coach IMMEDIATELY posted a back-handed apology to this message board? Afraid to lose his job? Maybe this post will help modify his "techniques". Heck, maybe he had a bad night, maybe he IS a good guy - but he was way, way out of line at that single match. I've had many REALLY tough coaches in my life, but this fella needs to take a long look in the mirror tonight. I was never "fortunate" have a maniac like that as a coach, and Tullahoma DESERVES better!

8A. OK, OK. So you say it is "entertainment" to have a FATHER yell this? You ENCOURAGE this with a macho flip by saying: "I'll hear a lot worse". Yes, like in the Roman times when they ACTUALLY yelled this as they slaughtered the Christians? What happened to the rules of wrestling . . . and proper sportsmanship?

9. Funny, this team showed up, wrestled hard, came in 2nd or 3rd, didn't yell "tear his head off", didn't showboat their skills, the coach seemed very professional, and were well-mannered the entire day. According to your personal code of ethics, they shouldn't be invited back!

snowwhite, as a parent of a Tullahoma wrestler, I believe Coach Bray wants the best for and out of our young men. He knows what they are capable of producing and will not hesitate to motivate them individually if they are failing to live up to their potential. If I did not believe for one second Bray and all our coaches have the best intentions for all our wrestlers, my son would not be in the program. I certainly respect your opinion, but calling for someone's resignation based on a perception from one tournament and not taking into consideration the successful program Bray is building in this community is wrong.

To BayouBear:

Tid Bits - REVISED!!!!

1. It's perfectly fine "entertainment" to promise to show up to a tournament and then not show - or even call the night before to let the tournament organizer know. I believe most wrestlers and supporters were also just a little "bothered" with this - then I find out some of these same teams went elsewhere. The issue is not "seek elswhere" but have coaches attend when they say they will, right?

!

It is not up to the coach wether or not they can attend a tournament during incliment weather. My school was supposed to attend the Ravenwood tournament but our principal canceled all sports for the weekend due to the snow. I fail to see how you placing blame on coaches for not showing to a tournament accomplishes anything, especially since it is not their call to make.

If you think Bray is bad you should have seen the previous coach at Tullahoma, you know the short grumpy bald guy lol. He was much worse than Coach Bray on his worse day. Hopefully for those who know me you can understand the humor in this joke. Ronnie Bray is a great guy and runs a great program. We all have moments on the mat that is not our best and as Ronnie said he loves his kids and would do anythng for them, which I have no doubt about. The one you have to watch is his assistant, now that guy is a snake and will bite you if he gets a chance. lol

To BayouBear:

Tid Bits - REVISED!!!!

8.Again, you missed the point entirely - did YOU want to send the tapes of this "coaching" to the administrators of Tullahoma, or did you want ME to? Isn't it interesting that the coach IMMEDIATELY posted a back-handed apology to this message board? Afraid to lose his job? Maybe this post will help modify his "techniques". Heck, maybe he had a bad night, maybe he IS a good guy - but he was way, way out of line at that single match. I've had many REALLY tough coaches in my life, but this fella needs to take a long look in the mirror tonight. I was never "fortunate" have a maniac like that as a coach, and Tullahoma DESERVES better!

8A. OK, OK. So you say it is "entertainment" to have a FATHER yell this? You ENCOURAGE this with a macho flip by saying: "I'll hear a lot worse". Yes, like in the Roman times when they ACTUALLY yelled this as they slaughtered the Christians? What happened to the rules of wrestling . . . and proper sportsmanship?

Snowflake, you find it interesting that I immediately posted an apology? It was over an hour after you posted. I was trying to be nice to a newbie on here. I don't really give 2 shingles about what you think about my team, coaching abilities, or fans. Am I afraid to lose my job? Haha, not in the least. The only techniques that I'm modifying is telling you what a @3$# you are.

To BayouBear:

Tid Bits - REVISED!!!!

Snowflake, you find it interesting that I immediately posted an apology? It was over an hour after you posted. I was trying to be nice to a newbie on here. I don't really give 2 shingles about what you think about my team, coaching abilities, or fans. Am I afraid to lose my job? Haha, not in the least. The only techniques that I'm modifying is telling you what a @3$# you are.

Could not of said it better keep up the good work coach.

To BayouBear:

Tid Bits - REVISED!!!!

!

It is not up to the coach wether or not they can attend a tournament during incliment weather. My school was supposed to attend the Ravenwood tournament but our principal canceled all sports for the weekend due to the snow. I fail to see how you placing blame on coaches for not showing to a tournament accomplishes anything, especially since it is not their call to make.

Snow White I'll get this one, the pure have to stick together.

I think I'm at fault for your anger towards the beauty. ( but I think this beauty may be a brute)

You see I was upset that I did not get to see and video ( and yes I will video everyone that I think I need to ) a couple of schools. I can understand when the geek in the front office with 4 pens and a slide ruler pokin out of his pants, tells you " sorry guys but you can't go play wrestling this weekend, cause I'm a dreeb " But when I caught wind of the before mention teams rasslin elsewhere, it kinda made my panties ride to that uncomfortable place,

So go easy on this " Poster of the Week " ( nudging out the EBE bigblu and his idiotic statements ) we need her/him up on that wall, bringing a ray of sunshine to this board.

bcb iii :oops:

SNOW

I'm not trying to participate in an arguement. I'll just say this and move on. All of the tidbits in your list fall in the same category. It's Wrestling. I've been to thousands of matches in hundreds of venues located in dozens of states...at every level. Winter weather is always a problem, the food ranges from terrible to not bad, teams and wrestlers have travel issues, brackets get messed up, tournaments are delayed, there's computer issues, parents get rowdy and coaches get rowdier. The fact that I've seen it all doesn't make it right or wrong. I'm just telling you it happens and it's just part of it.

Regarding Aguilar, you are entitled to your opinion. He tried to turn the kid early in the match and pin him but the kid balled up on bottom and the ref wouldn't make him wrestle. His only options were to stop wrestling or keep wrestling. He decided to continue.

Regarding girls wrestling...I don't like it but like you, I'm entiltled to an opinion. I'm not going to say anything bad about it on this board because I like Coach Steve Henry and Coach Jeff Price, who both support it. I will follow and support Amy Gessler throughout her career

Regarding Hewitt-Trussville and their coaching staff...You are right, they are good people. Mark Snider is the head coach and I know him.

Regarding Coach Bray, you probably should mind your own dang business. You're dead wrong on this issue.

Bayoubear

Glenn Spain

Cleveland, TN

Someone questioning Bray? And as far as the Bradley boy being to rough, it reminds me of watching Keller go for his 4th title. I was sitting behind the boys Mom he was up against, and heard her on the cell phone with her husband who could not attend, anyway after a few minutes it was clear that he was not going to win and I told her that he did as good as anyone had against Keller that year and that It was his 4th title, the whole time Keller who by nature is a tough kid was in his usual seek and destroy mode, and not once did she say anything bad about him. I 'm glad this person didn't see that she might have called the police, I 've never seen a wrestler complain about his opponent being to rough , why should a parent? And don't say wait till it happens to yours it already has. :oops: