GREATEST WRESTLER

PUMMELKING

Gibbs--Maybe Stuff at 215 multi placer but I think Puckett was also a multi placer.

Lookout Valley--Tim Voiles

Oveton--McTorry

East Ridge--?????

Would John Overton not be Casey Brewster or Chuck Bean?

Both Mctorry and Brewster won 2 State Titles, and i'm not real familiar with Chuck Bean's career outside of him being somewhat of a "legend" within the Overton wrestling mythos, but it's really hard to argue that either of the wrestlers you mention can top the fact that Mctorry won Nationals after winning the State his senior year. I'm an Overton alumn and I'd definately say Mctorry takes the cake as the most prolific wrestler in it's storied history.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ASICS TIGER ,kyle james was not a senior when he danny coleman he was in 10th grade and was not a semi-final it was state finals.kyle was undefeated that year.every one kyle beat in the state finals were 4 time finalist.he stopped 2 guys from being 4 time champs shawn cordell and kelly felix.

ASICS TIGER ,kyle james was not a senior when he danny coleman he was in 10th grade and was not a semi-final it was state finals.kyle was undefeated that year.every one kyle beat in the state finals were 4 time finalist.he stopped 2 guys from being 4 time champs shawn cordell and kelly felix.

SDkid.....Reread my post....Not anywhere did I mention Danny and Kyle...I was refering to SENIOR KYLE JAMES vs. FRESHMAN TRAVIS CREAGAN in the 2004 TSSAA State SEMI FINALS. Creagan would have been a four time finalist if it weren't for kyle. 2 completely different paragraphs.

Farragut-Justin Knox for skill.

Biggest heart-Nick Reveiz which makes him the greatest wrestler in my book. :lol:

2 x State Champ.

Hendersonville-

Nick Bundy-

3 X State Finalist, 2 x State Champ

What about Ferguson??

I never had a chance to see them wrestle. Great coaches. I don't think they won State but Iwas told they were great wrestlers that could have.

Where are the west TN reps at?

CBHS--Nick Marable

He would have a claim but there is at least one other person that may have a claim when it is all said and done. That is assuming you are still sticking to things being for their high school career only.

Not sure where the other West TN guys are at and I am certainly not going to say it for other schools, even if I have my opinion.

Where are the west TN reps at?

CBHS--Nick Marable

He would have a claim but there is at least one other person that may have a claim when it is all said and done. That is assuming you are still sticking to things being for their high school career only.

Not sure where the other West TN guys are at and I am certainly not going to say it for other schools, even if I have my opinion.

Come on G!! Yeah I agree the wait is till on, but for the moment during HS he is still tops. Would like to have sum feedback for other school, since no one will at least nominate kids to rep their school for best.

Some of you may recall Bill Harlow. He is one of two people who won a division I NCAA championship and graduated from a Tennessee high school. He wrestled for 5 years in high school as a starter,but only lost one match. Three time NCAA finalist and second in the world.... Check out this site. It is a good read.

http://www.wrestlingreport.com/2009-10_News/bill_harlow.htm

Some of you may recall Bill Harlow. He is one of two people who won a division I NCAA championship and graduated from a Tennessee high school. He wrestled for 5 years in high school as a starter,but only lost one match. Three time NCAA finalist and second in the world.... Check out this site. It is a good read.

http://www.wrestlingreport.com/2009-10_News/bill_harlow.htm

Great article!!! words of wisdom that kids should follow to this day.