GCPioneer

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After 3....

Obion Central - 51

Gibson County - 46

I said in an earlier post that someone would have to play out of their minds to beat GC at their place....Right now, soph Macy Wright is playing out of her mind...She had 10 in the quarter and has 19 in all...Fussell has 14....

A. Reedy has four fouls....

4:57 left in regulation...

Obion Central - 59

Gibson County - 49

**Edit**

3:42 remaining....

40 game home winning streak on the line...55 overall game winning streak as well....

2:30 left

OC - 62

GC - 49

Macy Wright has 25 points...

OC - 62

GC - 52

2:09 left

*EDIT*

1:41 remaining...

OC - 65

GC - 52

with Fussell on the line for the back end of a one and one after the GC timeout...

1:06 left

OC - 67

GC - 53

Wright 28 points....

Final at Gibson County...

Obion Central - 69

Gibson County - 56

#1 has fallen....The 55 game winning streak is over...The 40 game home winning streak is over as well...

Soph. Macy Wright had 28 points...Texas signee Chassidy Fussell had 21 and another triple-double...

For GC...Butler had 22 points...A.Reedy had 14 and Griffin had 13....

Congratulations to Coach LaRue and Obion Co. Central. Fingers crossed for another exciting battle next month.

Stats from the Gibson Co. radio broadcast:

OC - 16 18 17 18 -- 69

GC - 22 12 12 10 -- 56

Leading scorers:

OC - Macy Wright 28. Chassidy Fussell 21, Katie Pate 8

GC - Heather Butler 22, Aubrey Reedy 14, Heather Griffin 13

Team Stats:

2-point FG - OC 23-38 (60%), GC 12-33 (36%)

3-point FG - OC 5-13 (38%), GC 8-18 (44%)

Free throws - OC 8-14 (57%), GC 8-9 (89%)

Rebounds - OC 23, GC 18

Ummmm, did someone post that score wrong?

It's true. Gibson Co. isn't invincible as some think.

Congratulations to Coach LaRue and Obion Co. Central. They played an awesome game tonight! Fussell and Wright played a great game. Obion Central got the loose balls tonight and got the 50/50 rebounds and it turned out good for them in the end. Obion Co. is a great team. I told you guys that they have more than just Fussell around them. Macy Wright, Mackenzie Tucker, Katie Pate and the Olivia girl are all good role players and do what they're supposed to do. Coach LaRue is a very good coach. It's going to be a HUGE battle in the district tournament between the 3 top teams.

As for GC, we're alright. This loss isn't the end of the world. Foul differential was 16-3 in the game in favor of Central. Yes, I do know we started fouling towards the end, but maybe 4-5 of those fouls were to stop the clock so really it was 11-3. If you don't think they were bad, take a look at what Coach Russell did to the referee that blew the foul against Butler. Obion Central called a time out and Coach Russell met the ref at half court and went at him for a good minute. That's unlike Coach Russell and it's the first time I've ever seen him do it. Now, don't say I'm on here crying because I ain't. Obion Central outplayed us and won the game. Congrats to OC once again! Covington, I feel sorry for you on Friday night!

Congratulations to OC. They played better tonight and more like a team and outplayed Gibson County tonight. Most of the loose balls and a lot of offensive rebounds went the way of the Rebels tonight. Gonna make for an interesting 13AA tournament. Gibson County will be o.k. this loss does nothing but give them their first loss in 55 games. 55-1 over that stretch is pretty amazing! :lol: The tournaments are where it really counts and Gibson County will be o.k. Thanks for a good game. :?:

Dude don't start that "the fouls were bad" baloney... we played y'all twice, y'all push and shove every possession full court and we (Westview) have yet to get into the bonus, so no sympathy here

and if the radio guy was correct (who was great to listen to by the way - is that you redbirdfan?), y'all had only ONE FOUL CALLED ON YOU SO FAR with 2+ minutes left in the game when Macy White got the And1 ON YOUR SECOND FOUL OF THE HALF!!!!!!!!!!!!

i repeat, y'all WERE DOWN TEN POINTS and had only fouled once in the second half late, so exactly what did the refs have to do with it?

so quit misleading the folks from East and Middle Tennessee etc who have come to respect your usually great unbiased reports

and if like you say the fouls were 16-3, how did they only outshoot you FT 14 to 9? Did you get fouled on three three-point shots?

I'll hang up and listen.

LOL, I wasn't asking for your sympathy. Go ask Coach Russell if the fouls were bad. He's liable to tell you like he told that ref tonight :lol: .

Ok, sorry it was 4 fouls. We got fouled on one 3 point shot and 3 two foul shots and that was the only fouls called. If you'd read my post, I even admitted that OC played alot better game than we did and that I was not crying about the fouls as it would have made no difference in the game.

"Now, don't say I'm on here crying because I ain't. Obion Central outplayed us and won the game. Congrats to OC once again!" There's my proof. Once again, I was taking NOTHING away from Obion Co. I'm not one to try and start complaining about a loss. We lost and that's all there is to it. This isn't really worth arguing over because I'm not even upset. This loss takes alot of pressure off of the girls and it's liable to make them come back and be even better than what they were before!