Chris Jones(Melrose)Verbally commits to UT

nebuntyn

I also wouldn't mind Adonis playing with the other blue, especially alongside Leslie, but I believe with Coach Porter in charge of the football program Memphis could move to the Big East hopefully in 2012 especially if the big 10 can get Pitt or Syracuse to join the Big 10.

Back to High School Any and all should come down to Memphis to see Melrose take on White Station and Central.

Leslie McDonald is a tarheel but he never plays in the games. Maybe NC was not the right fit for him. I look at F. Hall and R. Buckner they are playing in there freshman seasons. Maybe Memphis was a better fit for him. Really after Cal left he should have stayed!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hold on now! Melrose lost to Central, because Jermaine Hollimon was hurt and Nate Rucker got ejected! They would've lost with Joe Jackson too! If you think Chris Jones is a great player then White Station would be a contender with him if they didn't have Joe. They wouldn't be better, but they would probably be more structured instead of give Joe the ball and hope Dre isn't standing around and watching. I think Jones can hold his own with Jackson like he did last year! Doesn't mean I think he's better just can hold his own! I've talked to players who praise him more than Jackson though. I would still pick Jackson to build my team around, but Jones is no slouch.

As for McDonald, I kinda saw he wasn't gonna get any playing time after he started dropping in the rankings! Not to mention North Carolina keeps reloading in the backcourt so I could see a transfer in his future. In my opinion Buckner, Hall, and McDonald should've stayed home and they would've if Pastner was hired earlier. Lord knows Memphis needed another big/tall body!

Leslie McDonald is a tarheel but he never plays in the games. Maybe NC was not the right fit for him. I look at F. Hall and R. Buckner they are playing in there freshman seasons. Maybe Memphis was a better fit for him. Really after Cal left he should have stayed!

....and North Carolina contends for a national championship year in and year out. Ole Miss and Seton Hall do not contend year in and year out for national championships. Taking nothing away from Buckner and Hall, but Leslie might've wanted to win him a national championship by the time he get's out of college. Leslie will get alot more playing time next year after Ginyard is gone. North Carolina's team is stacked with young talent and will be stacked with more young talent next year. If Coach Roy Williams didn't feel that Leslie would've been an asset to North Carolina, he would've never offered him.

Leslie McDonald lacks a killer instinct. He is not assertive on the court. When I say that I'm talking about the type of assertiveness required of a big time prospect. He has all the athletic ability and tools needed and has the potential to be a lock down defender at the ACC level but he must develop a killer instinct and have the kind of confidence required to succeed at the North Carolina level. I noticed in high school that he didn't take over and dominates games that he could have......it had nothing to do with effort either it had everything to do with a lack of killer instinct. I believe he will play more North Carolina next season but I'm not sure he will ever be a all conference type player......time will tell.

Ok Hollimon didn't play and Rucker getting tossed is part of the game when a player does something stupid!

Without Hollimon and Rucker Melrose still had Chris Jones, Adonis Thomas, Telvin Wilkerson, Bobby Parks, Ced McAfee, Darius Moore 6'8", and Markel Crawford all D-1 players!!! Central got 3 maybe 4 D-1 players on that team!!! Lol!!! So it's clear Melrose still had much more talent on the floor but Central played as 1 and beat them!

Remove Chris Jones in that game and add Joe Jackson! They wouldn't have lost that game! White Station has only 2 locked D-1 players in Jackson and Hollins! Give Jackson Bobby Parks, Adonis Thomas, Ced McAfee and watch what happens!!! Lol!!!

As far as Leslie McDonald the guys NC has coming in next year could get the nod over him as far as playing time! McDonald should have gone to Memphis or Tennessee! H will be back soon watch! I wouldn't care about a National Title if I'm a good player and I didn't get the chance to help my team win it on the floor!

Since you want to put it like that, Ridgeway has two locked in D1 players in Golden and Black, Brock has probably earned him a scholarship but they blew White Station out twice! Talent is not everything my man, and all these what if scenarios don't prove Jackson's a better player! Chris Jones plays harder you can see that on the court, and puts more effort on defense EVERY NIGHT not just against the big boys like Jackson. Jones can hold his own with Jackson he will prove it on Tuesday! If Jackson is just on another level than Jones he can prove it on Tuesday! All I'm saying is numerous players that faced Joe and Chris in the same tourney at the Finch Center gave more praise to Jones than Jackson!

P.S Nino Johnson is also going D1 based on his summer efforts.

JoeJackson may look like the effort is not there because the game comes so easy him. He is a better player and a better person then Jones.If thats the case why didn'tPastner go after Jones hard likehe did Jackson?

White Station and Ridgeway has about the same amount of talent. Ridgeway has a much better coachand thats the difference!!!

Melrose has much more talent then any other team in the state. you said that good teams win over talent right? So are you saying Coach JJ not a good coach and Applewhite is?

Last thing Chris Jones can make it about a him-vs- Joe game if he won't but Melrose will surely lose if he does that!!! Melrose has alot more then Jones and Adonis Thomas hasto be more involved if they gone win state!!!

1. Because Jackson was coming to Memphis regardless, and I'm pretty sure Paster needed a true lead guard as soon as possible.

2. Talent wise, White Station has the edge and not to mention a major size advantage. I will give you a point on coaching though. Coach Patino focuses more on dissing the city instead of running actual plays.

3. I know Chris won't make it that type of game and I'm not implying he will!

4. Melrose has enough weapons where AT won't have to be involved constantly. The key to Melrose is Nate Rucker my friend. You can disagree with me on that, but Rucker is to Melrose as Joey Dorsey was to Memphis.

5. I think Coach Applewhite is, but he is overly conservative, and Coach Johnson is young and will get better!

1. Because Jackson was coming to Memphis regardless, and I'm pretty sure Paster needed a true lead guard as soon as possible.

2. Talent wise, White Station has the edge and not to mention a major size advantage. I will give you a point on coaching though. Coach Patino focuses more on dissing the city instead of running actual plays.

4. Melrose has enough weapons where AT won't have to be involved constantly. The key to Melrose is Nate Rucker my friend. You can disagree with me on that, but Rucker is to Melrose as Joey Dorsey was to Memphis.

5. I think Coach Applewhite is, but he is overly conservative, and Coach Johnson is young and will get better!

White Station is more talented then Melrose??? I really need to stop debating this with you right now!!! lol!!!

I will Rank The players in this game

Joe Jackson 1 White Station

Adonis Thomas 2 Melrose

Chris Jones 3 Melrose

Ced McAfee 4 Melrose

Andra Hollins 5 White Station

Bobby Parks 6 Melrose

Nath Rucker 7 Melrose

Jermaine Hollimon 8 Melrose

Nino Johnson 9 White Station via melrose

Marvin Williams 10 White Station

Telvin Wilkerson 11 Melrose

Jevonte Hampton 12 Melrose

How can Melrose not have much more talent!!! White Station got 2 players thats been recruited high major! Melrose got atleast 4!!!

I also really don't think Applewhite is a better coach then JJ. Last time Jackson and Jones met Jones did try to do to much 1 on 1 vs Joe! It cost Melrose the game!!!

Last Joe Jackson will get the entire Melroseteam into foul trouble! watch!!!

I agree with two points.... Nate Rucker is the equalizer for Melrose and Joe Jackson will get Merose in foul trouble, the ability to pick up fouls is a major strength for him....Not even Ridgeway stopped him from going to the foul line.

I agree with two points... Nate Rucker is the equalizer for Melrose and Joe Jackson will get Melrose in foul trouble, He knows how to pick up a foul, this is a major strength for him. I have yet to see anyone stop him from going to the foul line. Not even Ridgeway stopped him from going to the line

White Station is more talented then Melrose??? I really need to s debating this with you right now!!! lol!!!

I will Rank The players in this game

Joe Jackson 1 White Station

Adonis Thomas 2 Melrose

Chris Jones 3 Melrose

Ced McAfee 4 Melrose

Andra Hollins 5 White Station

Bobby Parks 6 Melrose

Nath Rucker 7 Melrose

Jermaine Hollimon 8 Melrose

Nino Johnson 9 White Station via melrose

Marvin Williams 10 White Station

Telvin Wilkerson 11 Melrose

Jevonte Hampton 12 Melrose

How can Melrose not have much more talent!!! White Station got 2 players thats been recruited high major! Melrose got atleast 4!!!

I also really don't think Applewhite is a better coach then JJ. Last time Jackson and Jones met Jones did try to do to much 1 on 1 vs Joe! It cost Melrose the game!!!

Last Joe Jackson will get the entire Melroseteam into foul trouble! watch!!!