Where Was Pryor?

luvgolf

Well I'm kind of like Old Turtle I haven't been on here in so long but I have to weigh in on this one.Pryor had to be handcuffed at Fulton last year after some little kid from Carter put up 18 in the 4th to send the #1 ranked Roadrunners to the house.Seems as though he thought it was some window in the locker rooms fault when it was actually that #11 not the window that sent you home. Bottom line is this kid should have been let go last year.Was it just coincidence that his first game this year was at Carter.Coach Mitchell has to ultimately be responsible for his team and next in line is the AD and then the administration.Is this what a MAGNET school is supposed to be??? There is just NO EXCUSE for this AE athletics is quickly becoming a JOKE.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spoke to some people highly involved in this situation. And...(as much as I don't want to believe it) I must say I don't think Coach Mitchell was given much of a choice in this situation in Pryor returning. The story in the paper today pretty much confirms what I was told yesterday. A school board member basically went to the administration and insisted that Pryor was rehabbed and needed to be put back onto the team since he had met all the stipulations that had been placed on him. that same board member has now said most of the blame could be directed towards him. I guess Coach Mitchell was just lucky that Pryor never got physical with him in retrospect.

As a wiseman once said...a leopard never changes its spots!

Spoke to some people highly involved in this situation. And...(as much as I don't want to believe it) I must say I don't think Coach Mitchell was given much of a choice in this situation in Pryor returning. The story in the paper today pretty much confirms what I was told yesterday. A school board member basically went to the administration and insisted that Pryor was rehabbed and needed to be put back onto the team since he had met all the stipulations that had been placed on him. that same board member has now said most of the blame could be directed towards him. I guess Coach Mitchell was just lucky that Pryor never got physical with him in retrospect.

Since when does the school board or a schools administration select who plays on a team? That is truly where the problem lies. The coach should have control and say over his/her program. School boards, parents, lawsuits over being cut from teams, angry text messages from parents about playing time, to me is just ridiculous. Administrators, need to grow a set of brass ones and revert back to the good old days when a coach could run his team his way.

Since when does the school board or a schools administration select who plays on a team? That is truly where the problem lies. The coach should have control and say over his/her program. School boards, parents, lawsuits over being cut from teams, angry text messages from parents about playing time, to me is just ridiculous. Administrators, need to grow a set of brass ones and revert back to the good old days when a coach could run his team his way.

Most definitely agree with you ScottA. 2 things come to my mind ...

1. In all honesty, of all the people who had been around this kid, whether through high school b-ball or aau ball, who REALLY could be surprised that this happened?

2. All this "give him another chance ... he's just a kid ... etc., etc." stuff we've heard from people like the school board member mentioned in the newspaper. How much of that was influenced by the fact that the kid was a 6'8", incredibly gifted athlete that was a huge impact player at the school from which I believe said school board member has been affiliated with for many years. I wonder how many non-athletes, or for that matter, marginally-talented athletes--who really would have made the most out of another chance--would have gotten the same opportunities that Pryor has received?

By the way, I was one of those "marginally-talented athletes" in high school who made a mistake, was punished, and given another chance. It was a turning point in my life. I'm not against giving kids an opportunity to redeem themselves, but I question "ulterior motives" surrounding this particular case. How many people were/are truly interested in Travei as a person, as opposed to being interested in the fact that he can help us "win". Just a thought ...

One of the people that I discussed this with that had significant input felt that the only way he had any chance of turning it around was to be involved in the sports program otherwise it could be a lost cause. I understand and appreciate the attempt. I agree with all of your statements GovMan.

Wow .. I feel bad for the kid that crosssed Prior and this thing could have been alot worse .. could have been a referee, coach , opposing player that Prior unleashed his anger .. I have witnessed his anger in person on court and off .. repeatedly have seen him elbow , push and try to intimidate other team players and saw the window he broke at Fulton last year ... I said it then and say it now .. its a shame that a kid with so much potential to succeed cant realize it and take advantage .. there are hundreds of kids who would love to have his ability .. he is definately not the only one ... there are kids from all schools who just dont get it for whatever reason that have so much going for them in athletic ability. I think for sure if it was administration that allowed this that it was a definate failure ... this kid has been off and on teams at AE so much it makes your head spin ... I guess it is true that AE = Always Eligible.

This subject has been going on since early this season if Mr. Anderson and Judge Irwin think this kid needs repeated chances now that football and basketball season is over let need take him home with them and rehab him from there, i bet both of them will wash their hands of him now that his athletic career is over, Pryor has gotten several chances just because he is a great athlete, but i would be willing to bet everybody throws him overboard now that he cant win NOMORE games for Always Eligible, i also dont think Coach Mitchell was really hating having him on the team so everyone responsible needs to step up and except responsibility for his actions ENOUGH SAID.

I have seen Pryor play a few times over the past couple of years. No doubt about his talent. However, his actions have lead him down a dark path. Unfortunately, he will be living on our tax dollars in state prison soon enough. He will be able to play basketball in the pokey and become a jailhouse legend. Great job young man. You have blown an great opportunity to change your life, but you can take solace that you are not the first person nor will you be the last. I just wish these young people would look to the future and not just the world around them. There is more to life than the Walter P housing project. Use your abilities to get out, or let yourself be sucked down the drain. IT IS YOUR CHOICE!! to the coaches and administrative people in East Knoxville, stop enabling these young men. They were going to let all those kids involved in the theft ring play football, why wouldn't they let a gy who punched a window play?

Photo please forgive Turtle...He's been busy digging in the bottom of the closet to break out his old West attire. He's moving on to a darker blue. :motorbike:

You're right and we're 1 victory of away from making it to State.. Let's GO WEST!! Hahahaha but I was in the house for the Stone and AE game.. I wasn't there for the aftermath that's why I said NO COMMENT

to the coaches and administrative people in East Knoxville, stop enabling these young men. They were going to let all those kids involved in the theft ring play football, why wouldn't they let a gy who punched a window play?

First of all mane, why in the world would you bring up a housing project in your post? If you knew anything Mr. Pryor isn't from WPT homes so smack yourself in the face for labeling him from being there. Second of all, the Marshall incident happen OUTSIDE of the school AFTER SCHOOL HOURS.... It wasn't up to the SCHOOL nor THE SUPERINTENDENT to have a say so in that case.. I'm still heated over that fact. So why bring that up. That's like saying if you child go to the mall and get in trouble at the mall then the SUPER will make her sit out of the SubState game because she got in trouble at the mall.. Isn't it your decision to punish your child if she's not at school? Gosh, why blame AE for one child's fault? AE reminds me of the movie LEAN ON ME, they're just trying to give these kids a chance because people like you and the whole city of KNOXVILLE look down on them.

NOW PHOTOman go ahead and chime in... I'm tired of being quiet but quit talking down on AE for trying to help a kid out..