Lake Co. vs. Union City tonight at Tiptonville

mrbigster

Union City visits Lake Co tonight with the girls game starting at 6.Should be a big crowd with just about every school in the area out still due to snow.UnionCity won the last meeting at Union City but Lake Co will have a couple new players in the lineup tonight although Cody Taylor did play some in his first game as a Falcon in that game..Devon Jones may have played a little as well but is starting now..or at least has been..Derek Swift wasn't witht he team but should be in the starting lineup tonight.Should be a good game.!

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Coach Sisco has got to be one of the best coaches in 1A basketball or possibly in the state. Year after year he is able to will his kids to compete even with them being a little undersized. He always has them prepared night after night to play with the best of the best. UC has been on a role all season and I think even with the additions to the Falcons team, UC still comes out with a 6 point win. 71-65.

Coach Sisco has got to be one of the best coaches in 1A basketball or possibly in the state. Year after year he is able to will his kids to compete even with them being a little undersized. He always has them prepared night after night to play with the best of the best. UC has been on a role all season and I think even with the additions to the Falcons team, UC still comes out with a 6 point win. 71-65.

Union City is definitely a tough team come tournament time,height or no height..They're one of those teams that aren't going to come inside much anyway,unless maybe a layup or short shot is inviting them to do so..They like shooting those 3's ..so the height of Lake Co may not bother them as much on their shooting but maybe will on rebounding..put backs..maybe getting them in foul trouble ..I noticed the last game Battee was down low against Patrick Robertson I believe..Now he's going to have to go against Cody Taylor,about 3 inches taller,or Swift,about 2 inches taller or Patrick..So..hopefully the height can be a factor..Fouls should favor Lake Co now..I'm anxious to see how Whitby plays Union City.As far as who will be stsrting..I also look for Lake Co to play man to man wheras Humboldt probably played a zone..Play a zone and Union City may pass enough to get the shot they want outside..Swift is pretty quick and has height and with Patrick and the guards..will be just as quick as ever..just with more height.I'm thinking the man to man will force Union City to maybe arch the ball a little higher or have their shots altered..If Union City wins tonight..I'll just have to tip my hand to them..

There is no doubt that Sisco is one of the best coaches in the state. Mr Bigster is right Humboldt played a zone last week at UC and should have played man to man that allowed to many open shoots for UC! But UC can beat anyone at any time but it will a very hard task tonight at Tiptonville! Whitby has health problems but still a very good coach. Perhaps not the coach he once was at OC. It will be hard to beat Lake County 3 times! Good Luck to both teams! :popcorneater:

There is no doubt that Sisco is one of the best coaches in the state. Mr Bigster is right Humboldt played a zone last week at UC and should have played man to man that allowed to many open shoots for UC! But UC can beat anyone at any time but it will a very hard task tonight at Tiptonville! Whitby has health problems but still a very good coach. Perhaps not the coach he once was at OC. It will be hard to beat Lake County 3 times! Good Luck to both teams! :popcorneater:

I thought Swift would be stsrting tonight.I think his overall game is better than Cody's but I was just told that Swift wasn't playing tonight..So that shoots my theory out of the water..Was told that he has ISS..in school suspension..So..not sure if it's just this one game or the next game with Trenton also..Eventually we'll finally have everyone together..Anyway..may not be true but I heard from a pretty good source that seems to be right 90 percent of the time..Just hope tonight ..not true and Swift plays.!