Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

I personally think all of this could have been avoided if the floor hadn't been rushed. I know the students were very happy and I don't blame them they are kids. There was mass confusion and it all happened so quickly I don't know how anyone saw anything. It was just an ugly mess. I am not blaming LCHS, but I do think it contributed to the situation. There were so many people in front of the locker room there was NO WAY the guys could even get through. I know their emotions were very high afterwards and they didn't handle the situation right either. One thing that I do know is all of this he said she said arguing is only making a terrible situation much worse. And as far as Shelbyville fans not saying anything...why would we??? I mean we don't want to come across as whinning cry babies right??? As my grandmother used to say the more you stir _____ the more it stinks. And Kiffin I just got two words for you ROLL TIDE!!!

Very stupid SCHSMom! Why don't you say this would never have happened if you boys had played better and won the game this "never would have happened". Your team got beat and SCHS wanted to fight! Blame LCHS for getting in the way of the locker room and getting excited after a big win. Your coach, your players and your principal are to blame for this and the video will prove this! The coach should be fired and Andrews and a few more should be punished! It never ends over there, Twilley wanted to fight last year. Maybe this is a reflection of the coach and administration. We sure don't have fighting problems. Can wait till football

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally think all of this could have been avoided if the floor hadn't been rushed. I know the students were very happy and I don't blame them they are kids. There was mass confusion and it all happened so quickly I don't know how anyone saw anything. It was just an ugly mess. I am not blaming LCHS, but I do think it contributed to the situation. There were so many people in front of the locker room there was NO WAY the guys could even get through. I know their emotions were very high afterwards and they didn't handle the situation right either. One thing that I do know is all of this he said she said arguing is only making a terrible situation much worse. And as far as Shelbyville fans not saying anything...why would we??? I mean we don't want to come across as whinning cry babies right??? As my grandmother used to say the more you stir _____ the more it stinks. And Kiffin I just got two words for you ROLL TIDE!!!

Very stupid SCHSMom! Why don't you say this would never have happened if you boys had played better and won the game this "never would have happened". Your team got beat and SCHS wanted to fight! Blame LCHS for getting in the way of the locker room and getting excited after a big win. Your coach, your players and your principal are to blame for this and the video will prove this! The coach should be fired and Andrews and a few more should be punished! It never ends over there, Twilley wanted to fight last year. Maybe this is a reflection of the coach and administration. We sure don't have fighting problems. Can wait till football

Thank you jvb123 !!! Someone from Lawrence County has finally admitted that their students were "in the way of the locker room". THANK YOU !!!

As for the scenario of the Shelbyville coach getting his Assistant Coaches and players to the dressing room, that is where they were going. There just happened to be Lawrence County students in the way. Just ask jvb123. It is right there in black and white, "blame LCHS for getting in the way of the locker room".

Once again I ask, Where were the Principal, Assistant Principal and Athletic Director for Lawrence County?

Still waiting...........................

Maybe the locker room was blocked. Maybe LCHS did rush the court. Maybe the Principal, Assistant Principal and Athletic Director for Lawrence County were not there. You still can't assault the LCHS student section and cheerleaders.

Thank you jvb123 !!! Someone from Lawrence County has finally admitted that their students were "in the way of the locker room". THANK YOU !!!

As for the scenario of the Shelbyville coach getting his Assistant Coaches and players to the dressing room, that is where they were going. There just happened to be Lawrence County students in the way. Just ask jvb123. It is right there in black and white, "blame LCHS for getting in the way of the locker room".

Once again I ask, Where were the Principal, Assistant Principal and Athletic Director for Lawrence County?

If I am not mistaken when twilley was ejected for a foul last year, andrews was tackled on the floor and no foul was called, in time a nose got busted and KT pulled Andrews from the game..

This all sounds to me that all the blame here is pointed to EA.. With that being said, is it suspicious to me or does anyone else find it bothersome that the folks at LCHS are trying to find ways to end a career of a great athlete??? Come on guys let it be.... you finally beat Shelbyville, great job.. but act like you have won before...

Now, I was there and I saw neither EA or any other player from SCHS "Go into the stands".. They did not have to go into the stands. The fans were on the court around the players...And i'm sure that the fans from LCHS, "that has never cussed or said a bad thing to another player", let the best player that they face walk right by them without one snide remark... come on, quit being so naive....

Was EA in the wrong for being upset when someone tossed water on him and calling him an ethiopien??? As far as I'm concerned he was just fighting back on what he knew what was about to happen... what?? you have about 50-60 fans all harrassing our players on the floor, that the players are only supposed to be on, and not feel anxious at all..

As far as the cheerleader im sorry that she was upset, but in the mix of all the charging the floor she was probably knocked down by her own "FANS"....KT would never push a kid to the floor on purpose.. and if you believe that then well you don't know KT at all...

I do understand that beating Shelbyville on their homecourt has to be the biggest thrill of your lifetime, but guys, at some point in your life you need to remove the plank from your eye instead of trying to remove the sawdust from mine...

Attitude like yours is why S,ville players and coaches are out of control. At most 10 LCHS students went on the floor to congratulate LCHS players. No water thrown. no racist name calling. You cant spin this buddy! Hang your head and say your sorry. Nothing else cuts it !

Doesn't matter if they were in the way. Andrews went into the STANDS to sucker punch a student, followed by his teammates.

Not sure where the LCHS administration was. They don't have to be there. Just have to designate someone as in charge.

The SCHS administration and coaches were there and totally unable or unwilling to control their players. Just shoved a cheerleader and hurled insults. So, things would have been better if they weren't there, either. The LCHS coach took his team to the locker room and kept them there.

If someone happens to get in your way at school/work tomorrow, be sure to slug them. Apparently that is the Shelbyville way.

Okay, i think its about time to stop with this Kevin Thomas shoving a cheerleader. If Kevin Thomas were to shove a cheerleader like all of you obviously saw and have proof of, coach Thomas would be in jail for assaulting a minor. I live in Shelbyville and Coach Kevin Thomas is not in jail. So before one of you try to blame it on an adult shoving a minor, think about what you are saying.

Okay, i think its about time to stop with this Kevin Thomas shoving a cheerleader. If Kevin Thomas were to shove a cheerleader like all of you obviously saw and have proof of, coach Thomas would be in jail for assaulting a minor. I live in Shelbyville and Coach Kevin Thomas is not in jail. So before one of you try to blame it on an adult shoving a minor, think about what you are saying.

It is early, Jeff. She may want it to be over instead of pressing charges. And, maybe it wasn't Thomas. Maybe it was his assistant. Who would that have been?

Come on now guys: You are expecting everyone to believe that Andrews just rushed into the student section without being taunted or anything and punched a student? If he was just out to get someone from Lawrence County why did he go after one particular student? There was plenty standing on the floor for him to punch.

And you say this is because he was upset about the loss: Andrews has been playing in that gym, going to that locker room for the past 4 years They have lost plenty of games in those 4 years Never once has he or any other player rushed the student section. What makes this game different?? If Andrews were indeed mad about the loss he would have been fighting the players not the students. You were not playing you did not have one thing to do with the win!!!

Come on admit it: You guys were just mad because Andrews won the McDonald Award and you were being your usual mouthy selves!!

I feel different than everyone else about this storming the court deal. If Emmanual cant handle it with just 50 kids or so i cant wait to see what happens at the college level because the ncaa will not put up with that kind of behavior. When there is a big upset at the college level what happens after the game? They storm the court except for the sec and thats just because the gym floor is not big enough to hold all the fans. So everyone needs to suck it up that 50 KIDS ran on the floor because we had a big district win, and i also think it is terrible that the coach and E played in the game tonight what is that school going to do just look over it because that will not happen. This should not have to go to tssaa the school should take action and someone earlier today was talking about our administration? Also if you cant take a few kids yelling at you i dont think you deserve to be in the gym period and you are right noone will let this go but i hope shelbyville learns how to control players before the next time we meet.

College teams get a hefty fine if their crowds rush the courts, and there is a reason for this....

Come on now guys: You are expecting everyone to believe that Andrews just rushed into the student section without being taunted or anything and punched a student? If he was just out to get someone from Lawrence County why did he go after one particular student? There was plenty standing on the floor for him to punch.

And you say this is because he was upset about the loss: Andrews has been playing in that gym, going to that locker room for the past 4 years They have lost plenty of games in those 4 years Never once has he or any other player rushed the student section. What makes this game different?? If Andrews were indeed mad about the loss he would have been fighting the players not the students. You were not playing you did not have one thing to do with the win!!!

Come on admit it: You guys were just mad because Andrews won the McDonald Award and you were being your usual mouthy selves!!

Truthseeker. Are you an idiot? STUDENT SECTIONS ARE SUPPOSED TO YELL AT THE OPPOSING TEAMS!!!!!!! Are you kidding me? So your saying it's Lawrence County's fault that they have fabulous fan support? You are an idiot. Just because someone is yelling at you, or what you call it "taunting" you, that doesn't give you a right to go throwing punches WHEN YOU'RE A MCDONALDS ALL AMERICAN. THAT IS ABSOLUTELY PATHETIC. The stuff that makes this game different is LC has GREAT fan support and he couldn't take the heat from our fans and the loss together. So much for an All-American. YOU EVEN HAVE YOUR OWN SHELBYVILLE FANS SAYING YOUR COACH PUSHED OUR CHEERLEADER, AND EMMANUEL GOING INTO OUR STANDS. So come on. Just admit defeat and that your players and coaches acted the wrong way. Because Lawrence County has already admitted that they were wrong by storming the court. So come on. Goodness.

Again, this is not the first game ever lost by the Eagles: You are certainly not the first student section to support their team. Why would Andrews just go off on your student section if indeed you were doing nothing any different than any other fan supporter?

As Far as Coach Thomas pushing your cheerleader...That is a load of crock. Coach Thomas may have bumped her because of all the Lawrence County Students on the floor but Coach Thomas would never intentionally push anybody down much less a cheerleader who had nothing to do with the game win. If Coach Thomas was going to interact with anybody it would have been the refs certainly not a cheerleader!!

No where in any of my post have I said it was right for Andrews to punch anybody but sometimes people are pushed into a fight. Should he have held his temper and hit a wall, of course he should have.

I keep hearing SCHS crying about LCHS students storming the court, cheerleaders and students being in the way of the locker room, administration issues, etc.. This "brawl" that happened didn't take place on the floor, it happened in the LCHS student section. If the fight had happened on the floor then I might be a little more understanding but Andrews and posse went into the stands to fight our students!