Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

ATTITUDE

by: Charles Swindoll

The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life.

Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think or say or do. It is more important than appearance, giftedness or skill. It will make or break a company... a church... a home.

The remarkable thing is we have a choice every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past... we cannot change the fact that people will act in a certain way. We cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude... I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it.

And so it is with you... we are in charge of our attitudes.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, this is not the NCAA. Second, if the TSSAA has a punishment in place for going on the court after a game then LCHS should pay it.

Now, what should the punishment for assault(s) be that SCHS needs to step up and take responsibility for?

I would be my paycheck there is not a punishment in place from the TSSAA. Now for your 2nd questions:

Assault: the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. In some states if the assault is with a deadly weapon (such as sniping with a rifle), the intended victim does not need to know of the peril. Other state laws distinguish between different degrees (first or second) of assault depending on whether there is actual hitting, injury or just a threat. "Aggravated assault" is an attack connected with the commission of another crime, such as beating a clerk during a robbery or a particularly vicious attack.

From everything people have said, this crime was not committed at the SCHS gym on Friday night.

Come on now guys: You are expecting everyone to believe that Andrews just rushed into the student section without being taunted or anything and punched a student? If he was just out to get someone from Lawrence County why did he go after one particular student? There was plenty standing on the floor for him to punch.

And you say this is because he was upset about the loss: Andrews has been playing in that gym, going to that locker room for the past 4 years They have lost plenty of games in those 4 years Never once has he or any other player rushed the student section. What makes this game different?? If Andrews were indeed mad about the loss he would have been fighting the players not the students. You were not playing you did not have one thing to do with the win!!!

Come on admit it: You guys were just mad because Andrews won the McDonald Award and you were being your usual mouthy selves!!

People your wasting your time arguing with people like "truthseeker" and "mynameisjeffie" they ignore the facts and distort the truth to their favor..I'VE SAID THREE OR FOUR TIMES ALREADY IT WAS AN ASSISTANT COACH...he admitted it..tried to apoligize..it may have been an accident and it may have been in the heat of the moment...if he had it to do over again he probaly wouldn't have done it and have been more careful. It still dosen't change the fact the LCHS students rushed the floor..out of excitement only to congratulate the team...the SRO corralled them up and put them back in the stands...the incident with the coach happened..the players from SCHS were already upset because of the loss and was following Coach T's lead in their behavior..I'm sure he was upset..there were ticky tack fouls called on both teams..both were at the foul limit..but every ref in every game I've ever seen will "T" you up if you act like the Coach did..was it fair...who knows..I do know fans do get in players heads and obviously EA took offense to it..but it was no different than the way SCHS students were acting..Believe it or not I know all the kids that werein the student section and they are good kids.."truthseeker" you should be ashamed of yourself for alledging that they said something racist..you've have distorted every fact to try to make yourself look better..and there was no bottle of anything thrown either..it was just an unfortunate turn of events that got out of control..that otherwise overshadowed a great basketball game.

I just want someone to admit that the Lawrence County administration is at fault for not keeping the Lawrence County students off of the floor. It is un-acceptable to have a student section with that many fans in it and not have someone there to keep them off of the floor. Say what you want about the SRO Officer but he DID NOT KEEP THEM OFF OF THE FLOOR. He might have told them to get back in the stands but THEY SHOULD HAVE NEVER BEEN ON THE FLOOR!!!

Where was the administration?

Still waiting.......

ONE thing you can probably count on is CLOSE supervision of the fan sections at the district tournament and regional tournaments by the Columbia and Murfreesboro police departments.

Region tourney is at SCHS, oops, guess we can bet the LCHS student section is upstairs for this tourney.

First, this is not the NCAA. Second, if the TSSAA has a punishment in place for going on the court after a game then LCHS should pay it.

Now, what should the punishment for assault(s) be that SCHS needs to step up and take responsibility for?

I would be my paycheck there is not a punishment in place from the TSSAA. Now for your 2nd questions:

Assault: the threat or attempt to strike another, whether successful or not, provided the target is aware of the danger. The assaulter must be reasonably capable of carrying through the attack. In some states if the assault is with a deadly weapon (such as sniping with a rifle), the intended victim does not need to know of the peril. Other state laws distinguish between different degrees (first or second) of assault depending on whether there is actual hitting, injury or just a threat. "Aggravated assault" is an attack connected with the commission of another crime, such as beating a clerk during a robbery or a particularly vicious attack.

From everything people have said, this crime was not committed at the SCHS gym on Friday night.

I beg to differ...

39-13-101. Assault. —

(a) A person commits assault who:

(1) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another;

(2) Intentionally or knowingly causes another to reasonably fear imminent bodily injury; or

(3) Intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another and a reasonable person would regard the contact as extremely offensive or provocative.

(:unsure: (1) Assault is a Class A misdemeanor unless the offense is committed under subdivision (a)(3), in which event assault is a Class B misdemeanor; provided, that, if the offense is committed against a law enforcement officer under this section, then the maximum fine shall be five thousand dollars ($5,000).

(2) In addition to any other punishment that may be imposed for a violation of this section, if the relationship between the defendant and the victim of the assault is such that the victim is a victim as defined in § 36-3-601(8), and if, as determined by the court, the defendant possesses the ability to pay a fine in an amount not in excess of two hundred dollars ($200), then the court shall impose a fine at the level of the defendant's ability to pay, but not in excess of two hundred dollars ($200). The additional fine shall be paid to the clerk of the court imposing sentence, who shall transfer it to the state treasurer, who shall credit the fine to the general fund. All fines so credited to the general fund shall be subject to appropriation by the general assembly for the exclusive purpose of funding family violence shelters and shelter services. Such appropriation shall be in addition to any amount appropriated pursuant to § 67-4-411.

[Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 1; 1990, ch. 1030, § 11; 2002, ch. 649, § 1; 2009, ch. 412, § 1.]

Lets reverse the roles..

The SCHS student section rushes the court after a huge comeback win by their team, led by All American Emmanuel Andrews. The SCHS administration gets the students back in the stands. Coach Clark, mad about the loss, either picks out the smallest cheerleader and pushes her down, or accidentally runs her over. During all this, one of the SCHS students yell again about Trent Garland being on steriods. He flips out (which he wouldnt do), and rushes the SCHS student section and sucker punches a SCHS fan, followed by the rest of the LCHS team.

Now, who has committed the bigger offence? The student section rushing the court, or the players, mad about the loss, coming into the stands? This is a no brainer to me.

I beg to differ...

39-13-101. Assault. —

(a) A person commits assault who:

(1) Intentionally, knowingly or recklessly causes bodily injury to another;

(2) Intentionally or knowingly causes another to reasonably fear imminent bodily injury; or

(3) Intentionally or knowingly causes physical contact with another and a reasonable person would regard the contact as extremely offensive or provocative.

(:unsure: (1) Assault is a Class A misdemeanor unless the offense is committed under subdivision (a)(3), in which event assault is a Class B misdemeanor; provided, that, if the offense is committed against a law enforcement officer under this section, then the maximum fine shall be five thousand dollars ($5,000).

(2) In addition to any other punishment that may be imposed for a violation of this section, if the relationship between the defendant and the victim of the assault is such that the victim is a victim as defined in § 36-3-601(8), and if, as determined by the court, the defendant possesses the ability to pay a fine in an amount not in excess of two hundred dollars ($200), then the court shall impose a fine at the level of the defendant's ability to pay, but not in excess of two hundred dollars ($200). The additional fine shall be paid to the clerk of the court imposing sentence, who shall transfer it to the state treasurer, who shall credit the fine to the general fund. All fines so credited to the general fund shall be subject to appropriation by the general assembly for the exclusive purpose of funding family violence shelters and shelter services. Such appropriation shall be in addition to any amount appropriated pursuant to § 67-4-411.

[Acts 1989, ch. 591, § 1; 1990, ch. 1030, § 11; 2002, ch. 649, § 1; 2009, ch. 412, § 1.]

So my definiton comes from dictonary.law.com Lets look at your definition.

a 1. Haven't heard of anyone say there was bodily injury in this case, nor that anyone intentionally, knowingly, or recklessly caused bodily injury to anyone.

a 2. Haven't heard anyone say how threated this girl felt before the supposed incident.

a 3. I doubt a resonable person would have seen any such contact at "extremely offensive or provocative"

So unless you have evidence to back it up, don't go commiting:

libel:1) n. to publish in print (including pictures), writing or broadcast through radio, television or film, an untruth about another which will do harm to that person or his/her reputation, by tending to bring the target into ridicule, hatred, scorn or contempt of others.

Funny though under a2. fine for assault is the same as the fine for getting two technical fouls.