Lawrence County at Shelbyville - Fight Breaks Out

tigertim2

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like your not hiding your id??? LOL

Oh please do go get your court order

Hiding his id? He make up an ID just to post on this topic....interesting.

Randy, just so you know there was a student injured, "cut above the eye". Cheerleader was assaulted by being pushed, Intentional or not, who knows..I can only assume the Asst. Coach accepted some responsibility or he wouldn't have admitted it and tried to apologize...Even if the fine is $200.00 it is a serious offense that will follow you the rest of yor life if convicted....plus it could possibly effect any decient college from offering you any type of scholarship...Do I think he should be charged, I don't know all the facts and I was there...You however was not there..

Like your not hiding your id??? LOL

Oh please do go get your court order

Hiding his id? He make up an ID just to post on this topic....interesting.

Randy, just so you know there was a student injured, "cut above the eye". Cheerleader was assaulted by being pushed, Intentional or not, who knows..I can only assume the Asst. Coach accepted some responsibility or he wouldn't have admitted it and tried to apologize...Even if the fine is $200.00 it is a serious offense that will follow you the rest of yor life if convicted....plus it could possibly effect any decient college from offering you any type of scholarship...Do I think he should be charged, I don't know all the facts and I was there...You however was not there..

Thank you for informing me I wan't there, I kinda forgot this. Was this the student that was assaulted by the SCHS coach? Sounds like you are talking about more than 1 student. Your definition doesn't say that pushing someone is assault....read it again....I just love how people have posted libel on this board about coach Thomas and now they are changing their story to the assistant coach. Should the person who posted that Coach Thomas assaulted a cheerleader be charged with libel? Bottom line it was a high school basketball game, not a war in Iraq, there are millions of people who really don't care (lots in Shelbyville and Lawrence Co too). I am sure both schools will learn from this, and I bet LCHS students are upstairs when they come back to SCHS....they would be if I was in charge. At the very least moved to the side opposite the SCHS students.

Sometimes an injury resulting from a blow to the head will not show up immeadiately. Vision loss , hearing loss , headaches , . you can bet the parents of the young man that was attacked will consider this. My daughter was right beside the atttack. The young man was held down by 3 other S,ville players while Bigmac with fries beat the crap out of him.

Thank you for informing me I wan't there, I kinda forgot this. Was this the student that was assaulted by the SCHS coach? Sounds like you are talking about more than 1 student. Your definition doesn't say that pushing someone is assault....read it again....I just love how people have posted libel on this board about coach Thomas and now they are changing their story to the assistant coach. Should the person who posted that Coach Thomas assaulted a cheerleader be charged with libel? Bottom line it was a high school basketball game, not a war in Iraq, there are millions of people who really don't care (lots in Shelbyville and Lawrence Co too). I am sure both schools will learn from this, and I bet LCHS students are upstairs when they come back to SCHS....they would be if I was in charge. At the very least moved to the side opposite the SCHS students.

I actually agree with you..there is no reason the players at Shelbyville should actually have to walk by the opposing student section..but I can't answer to that..as far as the student with the cut it was the one that was struck by ANDREWS..the pushing incident like I've said several times was an Asst. Coach..not Coach Thomas..and yes anytime you lay hands on someone and its unwanted and puts them in fear it's considered battery or assault...don't know the girl personally but from what I have heard from others who know her..she said she was pushed ..her nose was busted..and she was in fear...I'm not saying it was intentional..as a matter a fact..im sure the Asst. Coach totally regrets the incident...like I said earlier it was all a series of unfortunate events that overshadowed what was otherwise a great ball game...

Sometimes an injury resulting from a blow to the head will not show up immeadiately. Vision loss , hearing loss , headaches , . you can bet the parents of the young man that was attacked will consider this. My daughter was right beside the atttack. The young man was held down by 3 other S,ville players while Bigmac with fries beat the crap out of him.

uh huh. 4 Shelbyville players vs. one poor non threatening LCHS student, probably looking for a place to study calculus. I am sure there were SCHS students injured too. I am questioning Coach Thomas' (supposed) assault......and, I actually am a betting man, and I will bet nothing comes out of this more than a few suspensions. Problem is without a tape, it's just all he said she said. I wish we had one.

I actually agree with you..there is no reason the players at Shelbyville should actually have to walk by the opposing student section..but I can't answer to that..as far as the student with the cut it was the one that was struck by ANDREWS..the pushing incident like I've said several times was an Asst. Coach..not Coach Thomas..and yes anytime you lay hands on someone and its unwanted and puts them in fear it's considered battery or assault...don't know the girl personally but from what I have heard from others who know her..she said she was pushed ..her nose was busted..and she was in fear...I'm not saying it was intentional..as a matter a fact..im sure the Asst. Coach totally regrets the incident...like I said earlier it was all a series of unfortunate events that overshadowed what was otherwise a great ball game...

So, if the assist coach indeed did put his hands on this cheerleader, and it was indeed unwanted (not arguing that point) and IF that put her in fear, then this would qualify as assault. What if she was bumped or nudged, maybe an elbow or a hip....just showing how technical these legal things are. Next time I am in the line at the concession stand I will probably be assaulted....

uh huh. 4 Shelbyville players vs. one poor non threatening LCHS student, probably looking for a place to study calculus. I am sure there were SCHS students injured too. I am questioning Coach Thomas' (supposed) assault......and, I actually am a betting man, and I will bet nothing comes out of this more than a few suspensions. Problem is without a tape, it's just all he said she said. I wish we had one.

Listen to yourself, randymc. I hope you aren't a teacher. You are defending a kid who assaulted another kid.

So, if the assist coach indeed did put his hands on this cheerleader, and it was indeed unwanted (not arguing that point) and IF that put her in fear, then this would qualify as assault. What if she was bumped or nudged, maybe an elbow or a hip....just showing how technical these legal things are. Next time I am in the line at the concession stand I will probably be assaulted....

Randy I thought that you and I might be able to have an itelligent debate..guess not....You win ..Us poor white trash rednecks over here in Lawrence County have been put in our place......next I'm sure your gonna blame us for the bad economy and the war in Iraq...

Well, Randymc is most probably from the Boro so his assumption of Lawrence Co. is Camo wearin, cow tippin, hootin-hollerin rednecks who are out lookin to fight with gigantic basketball teams, which is a huge sweeping generalization. Yes, I said that. People from Lawrence Co. can have extensive vocabularies. Shocking isn't it?